Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Around the Verse - The Labours of Hercules - Star Citizen Video Podcast

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageAround the Verse - The Labours of Hercules - Star Citizen Video Podcast

This week, Ricky Jutley returns to Star Citizen: Around the Verse with another project update. Next you'll be served a double helping of Ship Shape, with looks at the Anvil Hurricane and the reveal of a new series of concept ships.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 449
    "New series of concept ship" (long drawn out sigh)
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    I am sick and tired of reading about these concept ship updates.
    All those who are interested are probably subscribed to their youtube account.
    Please stop posting this uninteresting stuff.
    On that note, I dont mind reading about big content updates and upgrades they do, Just keep the ship sales off, please, I beg you!!

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    rensta said:
    On that note, I dont mind reading about big content updates and upgrades they do, Just keep the ship sales off, please, I beg you!!
    I come here for most of my SC info. I find it interesting, sorry :/
    ErillionJoeBlober
  • project6925project6925 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    On my tombstone it will say "...still waiting for star citizen to release"
    ShadowStyleBHashbrickMidPrincessWalkinGlennlaxieTacticalZombehErillionKrynt0k
  • DurzaxDurzax Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Wondering how loud the lamentations of the impatient, internet snark spewing, drama queens would be, if only 4 ships where on offer for entire life of this game.
    WalkinGlennErillionPhaserlight
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Durzax said:

Wondering how loud the lamentations of the impatient, internet snark spewing, drama queens would be, if only 4 ships where on offer for entire life of this game.

A game with four ships is infinitely better than a billion ships without a damned GAME to put them into. But go ahead, justify the BS however you like if it makes you feel better.
    WalkinGlennlaxieTacticalZombehPhaserlight[Deleted User]

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I come here looking for gaming news and hopefully find a new game to play,cash shops do NOTHING to any reason i visit this site.
    Right now we have two entities doing a lot of cash shop advertising here,Wiz 101 afiliated person and Star Citizen.

I would seriously like to know how this website allows other businesses to basically setup an advertising shop here,there is no way this is happening for free.

Makes me VERY suspicious as to how things operate around this business.
    OrinoriWalkinGlennScotchUpLenox

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    edited May 2018
    That is what this boils down to: cash shop advertising. It would be like having an article/video about the latest outfit available in ESO shop.
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 449
    Wizardry said:
    I come here looking for gaming news and hopefully find a new game to play,cash shops do NOTHING to any reason i visit this site.
    Right now we have two entities doing a lot of cash shop advertising here,Wiz 101 afiliated person and Star Citizen.

I would seriously like to know how this website allows other businesses to basically setup an advertising shop here,there is no way this is happening for free.

Nobody gets more free advertising on this site than SC. Kinda makes me wonder about the bias in regards to how certain posts and threads are handled.

Anyway, maybe they wouldn't generate so much hate if there was more focus on an actual game instead of ship sales.
    ScotchUp
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
     Nobody gets more free advertising on this site than SC. Kinda makes me wonder about the bias in regards to how certain posts and threads are handled.

Anyway, maybe they wouldn't generate so much hate if there was more focus on an actual game instead of ship sales.
    You imply there is actual gameplay to cover.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Is that 174 ships so far and about 80 finished?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• fullrock444fullrock444 Member CommonPosts: 9
    edited May 2018
    Everyone knows this game will never be released, and if someday it happens it will be ultra garbage. But many people like to buy concepts of ships, what a joke.
    Erillion
  • fullrock444fullrock444 Member CommonPosts: 9

laxie said:

free?
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

laxie said:

free?

Well, anyone can check it out for free during one of the Free Fly Weekends.

So ... yes .. free.

So ... yes ... gameplay (there are "only" a few thousand fan made videos about SC gameplay on YouTube)

Have fun
    JoeBlober
  • CIB3CIB3 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    edited May 2018
    When this scam will stop because not enough naive persons will give them money they will close the project and start to blame people for not longer having enough confidence to "help them to finish the game".

Damn, I'm so good at premonitions!
    ErillionLenox
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    edited May 2018
    Wizardry said:

Why do that, do you know how much money people have given them for nothing in return?

At this point I would milk the backers as much as I could and only make the game when they start to jump ship. And its obvious SC fans will continue to give CR as much money as he wants to ask for.

The best part was when he gave them blue cake...."Let them eat blue cake".
    ScotchUp
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

Durzax said:

A game with four ships is infinitely better than a billion ships without a damned GAME to put them into. But go ahead, justify the BS however you like if it makes you feel better.
    "Type's Star cizten gameplay 2018 in youtube"

317,000 results.

I guess thos 317,000 videos are people just looking at the SC webpage.

I know you guys dislike this game, but you  need to step up your arguments, the same old 2 arguments of "There's no game or some tired joke about release" for the past 5 - 6 years grows old when one can be disproven by using Youtube and the other losing all meaning because people were spamming it 2 -3 years into development. 

So imho, nothing BS needs to be justified, the information it right there, if you refuse to look or ignore it, ten that' on you tbh. /shrug 
    ErillionJoeBlober
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 585

rensta said:

Well... just dont read it and let others enjoy. Same for kickstarter project, if you do not want to participate, do not pledge. it looks like +700.000 Backers made a choice :)

CIB3 said:

When this scam will stop because not enough naive persons will give them money they will close the project and start to blame people for not longer having enough confidence to "help them to finish the game".

You can't be as good thent he Clown wwe do not name who give us Porphecies of Doom during those past years, the best one being: "collapse 90 days top for SURE"... 3 years ago :) Keep hating man.

Is that 174 ships so far and about 80 finished?

Because... Alpha and game in development based on Kickstarter model?
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232

JoeBlober said:

CIB3 said:

You can't be as good thent he Clown wwe do not name who give us Porphecies of Doom during those past years, the best one being: "collapse 90 days top for SURE"... 3 years ago :) Keep hating man.

Did you have a stroke while writing this post?
    sgel

Durzax said:

... except there is no billions of ships and more than 26 are already flyable, including one the size of a small building (Reclaimer). Call BS any game in Alpha state if you want, that prove one single thing: don't participate to kickstarter or games in Alpha as clearly you can't stand the trouble that comes with such games state. Get it when it is gold release. This is fine as well.
    Erillion
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    Herase said:

Durzax said:

"Type's Star cizten gameplay 2018 in youtube"

317,000 results.

I guess thos 317,000 videos are people just looking at the SC webpage.

I know you guys dislike this game, but you  need to step up your arguments, the same old 2 arguments of "There's no game or some tired joke about release" for the past 5 - 6 years grows old when one can be disproven by using Youtube and the other losing all meaning because people were spamming it 2 -3 years into development. 

So imho, nothing BS needs to be justified, the information it right there, if you refuse to look or ignore it, ten that' on you tbh. /shrug 
    CIG has been on record claiming Star Citizen will be released, with dates ranging over the last four years.  So it's quite easy to disbelieve any of their claims.   They do offer free weekends, so you can check out things SC, and see if you want to risk your money.   But the game is not very cohesive, and CIG has shown that they can easily screw things up.  Even with all that money that you all gift them.

Next year, Defenders of the Dream will be saying the same things.  Because Star Citizen will still be an unfinished mess, with many shiny cinematic bits amidst a bunch of non-working elements.  Just like it's been for years.   Bad management will do that.....
    ScotchUp

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    >>>
    with many shiny cinematic bits amidst a bunch of non-working elements.  Just like it's been for years. 
    >>>

You have realized that amongst those 317.000 results most of those videos are fan-made, have you not ?  That the "shiny cinematic bits" have mostly been captured by fans during game-play. Using the "bunch of non-working elements" you talk about .... which seem to work better than you think ;-)  Just like it's been for years.

The same amount of years you accuse CIG of "bad management" .... confusing delays caused by a challenging technical project with managerial incompetence (and YES, we KNOW, some of your buddies 15 years ago did not like CR as boss ... a story you keep repeating for years now).

Have fun
    JoeBlober
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Erillion said:
    >>>
    with many shiny cinematic bits amidst a bunch of non-working elements.  Just like it's been for years. 
    >>>

You have realized that amongst those 317.000 results most of those videos are fan-made, have you not ?  That the "shiny cinematic bits" have mostly been captured by fans during game-play. Using the "bunch of non-working elements" you talk about .... which seem to work better than you think ;-)  Just like it's been for years.

The same amount of years you accuse CIG of "bad management" .... confusing delays caused by a challenging technical project with managerial incompetence (and YES, we KNOW, some of your buddies 15 years ago did not like CR as boss ... a story you keep repeating for years now).

Have fun
    Blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah-blah-blah.

Have Fun
    ScotchUpVrika