Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom Reminds Players of Official Server Types Ahead of Next Week's Launch - Exiles News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageFuncom Reminds Players of Official Server Types Ahead of Next Week's Launch - Exiles News

Funcom has posted a friendly reminder on its Conan Exiles Facebook page to remind players what type of official servers will be available when the game launches on May 8th. There will be three official server types, each with unique rulesets: PvP, PvE and PvE Conflict. Of course, privately hosted servers can be tweaked by the owner to provide its players with different experiences.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    PVE Conflict sounds kind of great, TBH.
    SovrathJeroKaneloukostannim78

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    I though this was only pvp survive ? What is pve mode ?
    Thupli

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Downloading now. Looking forward to exile myself for a while. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    So excited to start fresh.
    AlomarBellomo

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    PvE conflict does sound good. I'll play the PC version now! :)
    BillMurphy
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

itsover said:

It's in the article...

PvE: Only creatures and NPCs can harm players on PvE servers. Thralls will not attack players and players cannot attack and kill thralls.
    SBFordBillMurphy
    --------------------------------------------
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    itsover said:
    As @Wellspring said -- the first post in this thread has a link to the full article. THAT'S where the bulk of the information is. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

SBFord said:

itsover said:

As @Wellspring said -- the first post in this thread has a link to the full article. THAT'S where the bulk of the information is. :)

I think he is a pvper and is being funny
    SBFord
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

DMKano said:

Will they get anywhere near their Steam peak players online record they set in Feb 2017?

I say not a chance - but it will be interesting to see.

I'm more curious to see how it performs on console.
    [Deleted User]infomatz

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170
    PVE conflict? That made my day! I'm in
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    I may actually give this a try once the fury dies down a bit.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I like the idea behind the PvE Conflict server. I am a PvE gamer, but having that little time frame where there is a higher risk of getting killed out in the wild is actually cool. If you need crafting materials between 5pm and 11pm you have to decide if it's worth the risk going out to gather some stuff or wait for the next day while still keeping most of the game PvE exclusive. I like that.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    How quaint, a MMO like game that is going to do what used to be a gold standard, a wipe before it launches, I am feeling all nostalgic and wondering if any of the new indie MMOs will do the same.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    They are allowing PvE ....OMG great news for me !!!!!
    Kyleran
    Chamber of Chains
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115

cheyane said:

They are allowing PvE ....OMG great news for me !!!!!

PvP didn't work out well apparently. Not surprised.
    Survival games are great for PvE. PvP people generally (not everyone) has no patience, they have no time to waste building stuff, they just want to smash things.
    Simple psychology, I don't get how game developers didn't get it yet.
    marganculos
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Friends an i looking forward to get a private Server rdy short after 8.5. We will wait for Patches first and then enjoy the PvE experience
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    I'm surprise people didn't know about the PVE, the games got a massive world to explore, with  4 - 5 dungeons, caves, lore and all sorts to explore.

Once you get past the first few mins of trying to survive the game opens up massively. So many goals to achieve 
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    So people are just gonna build stuff and then............log out?

The whole premise was suppose to be the pvp to keep the cycle of build destroy repeat.

So on the pve server RNG will come along and destroy your stuff forcing you to repeat what you just did for RNG to come and destroy it again. Sounds fun for the first week at best.
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    edited May 2018

SBFord said:

itsover said:

No offense ;) but the link does not lead to an article but to their facebook page. If there is an article about this topic I couldn't find it. Facebook pages in general are horrible as a source to find any specific information. Even more if you don't have a facebook account (and I will never have one) you always get bother with "Come on, login register now" " Didn't register yet ? Come do so now" blocking even parts of the screen. They just want your personal data, that's all facebook cares about.

But anyway, I think your summary probably contains the most important info. Even though I am not a PvP fanatic myself I am not sure a PvE server makes a lot of sense for games like this one which are more or less all about pvp. And the PvE conflict one doesn't sound that great also for someone who has a job, meaning you more or less can anyway most of the time only play during pvp times.

Combined PvP/PvE concepts never really worked out in any game unless they were strictly seperated to different zones and then you probably just got 2 games instead of one, like GW2, ESO etc. . Either play a pvp game or a pve game. Games which support both are just offering a mediocre experience for both scenarios and offer many possibilities to misuse the system.
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Herase said:
    I'm surprise people didn't know about the PVE, the games got a massive world to explore, with  4 - 5 dungeons, caves, lore and all sorts to explore.

Once you get past the first few mins of trying to survive the game opens up massively. So many goals to achieve 
    You would be surprised how often game developers get their marketing wrong.
    Marketing is as important as the game itself, yet not much money is invested in Marketing experts, most it's in-house improvisation.
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Sounds like (from this thread at least) people are more interested in PvE conflict (myself included). I think I've experienced enough griefing in survival games over the past 5 years to last me a lifetime.  
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    edited May 2018
    The pvp in this game is awesome.  Fight the elements , npc's, wildlife, and me if you want to survive.

Really is a fun game everyone should check out.
    Kyleran
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    epoq said:
    Sounds like (from this thread at least) people are more interested in PvE conflict (myself included). I think I've experienced enough griefing in survival games over the past 5 years to last me a lifetime.  
    and thats just it...Alot of us don't want the PVP but we are forced into it.
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    TEKK3N said:
    Herase said:

You would be surprised how often game developers get their marketing wrong.
    Marketing is as important as the game itself, yet not much money is invested in Marketing experts, most it's in-house improvisation.
    True, to be fair I only knew about the PvE once I was looking at the server list, then I searched was it worth and was kinda shocked.

Would defo give it the label lite-mmo
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    edited May 2018
    epoq said:
    and thats just it...Alot of us don't want the PVP but we are forced into it.
    PVE conflict does have pvp. Unless I'm reading that wrong. what one can't do is damage the buildings. "On a PvE Conflict server you can only damage other players during prime time (5pm – 11pm local server time). Building damage is turned off at all times. "
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo