Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kakao Committed to Improving PvP Through 'Adjusting Crowd Control Effects' - Black Desert Online - M

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageKakao Committed to Improving PvP Through 'Adjusting Crowd Control Effects' - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Online News - The Black Desert Online development team is back with a detailed developer blog to reveal some adjustments coming to the game, specifically with regard to PvP. In order to bring "a more fair and fun PvP environment", some significant changes are planned for crowd control effects. As part of the larger list of adjustments, players will only be able to apply a debuff on the first hit and, even with that, there appears to be an RNG chance for damage, debuff, both or none to be applied.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    When I tried the PvP in this game people died in less than a second, I didn't think it was possible to make the PvP worse but when I read those changes I get the feeling I was wrong.
    Asm0deuszigalucard
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    edited May 2018
    I am not into BDO at all , but this changes doesn't look good.
    Post edited by IceAge on

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• stlordstlord Member UncommonPosts: 15
    They never learn from their mistakes. They even do not admit their mistakes. And they won't learn.

"Black Desert Online. The road to the trash bin."
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Nyctelios said:
    I never got this much dissapointed with a pvp system until I played BDO. Their numbers, resist, damage, attack, make the pvp as simple as "Do you have higher level and higher GS? Nice, so smash your keyboard with your face and you win!".

Agree.
    I don't know how those changes are going to improve the situation.
    Should maybe concentrate on the PvE part of the game which in the West is what people focus on.
    Maybe instanced Dungeons?
    Tyserie
    edited May 2018
    Some Classes in BDO reminds me of the Rogues in WOW...stun lock, 3 seconds and you are dead.
    As fun as getting cancer at 18.
    [Deleted User]killerqueer
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Needs a LOT more than CC adjustment.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    DMKano said:
    The devs seem completely out of touch with their own game.

Its so surreal to see all these changes - that nobody has asked for - implemented so badly.

Seriously, the UI changes for one. Completely unnecessary. How about they fix the fucking bullshit lag and stop trying to push the blame onto people's isp. If it was the ISP at fault then people would be having issues with all games they play and not just BDO.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    So basically Stryker and Mystic grapples are being nerfed, about time tbh.
    Sephiroso said:
    DMKano said:

Its so surreal to see all these changes - that nobody has asked for - implemented so badly.

Seriously, the UI changes for one. Completely unnecessary. How about they fix the fucking bullshit lag and stop trying to push the blame onto people's isp. If it was the ISP at fault then people would be having issues with all games they play and not just BDO.
    If you are experiencing excessive lag then you might want to consider your ISP, while my latency is not that great, i play on the NA server from the UK, i don't have issues with lag.
    The other possibility is that you are asking your PC to perform at a higher level than it is actually capable of supporting stably, this can be fixed by increasing the amount of RAM you have, upgrading your GPU or just accepting a lower level of performance than you are currently using.
    Lag can be caused by any number of factors, either seperately or collectively, identifying them is half the battle, but blaming an external source without eliminating the local one, doesn't resolve it. :/
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    They had their chances. The game will die slowly. Only those with stockholm syndrome will play the game after Bless is launched. 

Kakao will commit only to adding p2w features/items into the game. 
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Nyctelios said:
    I never got this much dissapointed with a pvp system until I played BDO. Their numbers, resist, damage, attack, make the pvp as simple as "Do you have higher level and higher GS? Nice, so smash your keyboard with your face and you win!".

At least in the current game version in my server (South America) if you are a mage you won. 

The pvp in this game made me go to gw2 site and click in the purchase button for the expacs.

Yet those changes looks like garbage. I'm coming to a conclusion this game is really not for me.
    This is every mmorpg ppv that has ever existed.

If you really are into competitive pvp mobas are where your attention should be.
    Phry
    Nyctelios said:

At least in the current game version in my server (South America) if you are a mage you won. 

The pvp in this game made me go to gw2 site and click in the purchase button for the expacs.

Yet those changes looks like garbage. I'm coming to a conclusion this game is really not for me.
    This is every mmorpg ppv that has ever existed.

If you really are into competitive pvp mobas are where your attention should be.
    I think with that statement you just failed at understanding why people play PVP based MMO's. :o
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    I mean it's PVP it's just not the best PVP game out there because of the requirements and node wars and stuff I prefer games like Dark Fall where I Can just log in and fear of losing loot at any time can't find a great full loot pvp game anywhere.
    Mange1
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Renoaku said:
    I mean it's PVP it's just not the best PVP game out there because of the requirements and node wars and stuff I prefer games like Dark Fall where I Can just log in and fear of losing loot at any time can't find a great full loot pvp game anywhere.
    Albion, also has a lot of old school systems like skill-based progression instead of levels and classes.
    DMKano said:

I think they are in touch with the Korean player base or what's left.
    They never been in touch with the Western market.
    We get what they get sadly.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Does anyone here play BDO strictly for the PVP?
  • stlordstlord Member UncommonPosts: 15

Sephiroso said:

DMKano said:

"Why? We rather will add the fairie instead"
    Phry said:
    Sephiroso said:
    DMKano said:

If you are experiencing excessive lag then you might want to consider your ISP, while my latency is not that great, i play on the NA server from the UK, i don't have issues with lag.
    The other possibility is that you are asking your PC to perform at a higher level than it is actually capable of supporting stably, this can be fixed by increasing the amount of RAM you have, upgrading your GPU or just accepting a lower level of performance than you are currently using.
    Lag can be caused by any number of factors, either seperately or collectively, identifying them is half the battle, but blaming an external source without eliminating the local one, doesn't resolve it. :/
    Are you a Kakao shill or something? It isn't my ISP. My ISP hasn't done anything different in years. I was able to play BDO lag free for months, up till December when it all of a sudden started lagging like shit for me and still is to this day. BDO is the ONLY mmo that i have this problem with and my internet speeds has not changed at all between before december and after december.

Hefaistos said:
    They had their chances. The game will die slowly. Only those with stockholm syndrome will play the game after Bless is launched. 

Kakao will commit only to adding p2w features/items into the game. 
    The thing with BDO is it honestly has a fucking beautiful combat system. Kakao is doing everything in their power to ruin it, but the core is just fucking amazing. Bless's combat system looks like a turd sandwich with a bow put on top of it.

If combat in a game isn't fun, the game is gonna be shit. Doesn't matter how pretty the rest of the game is when combat is basically 70-80% of every mmorpg.