Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Alpha Equipment & Inventory Exploration - Chronicles of Elyria Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2018 in Videos Discussion

imagePre-Alpha Equipment & Inventory Exploration - Chronicles of Elyria Videos - MMORPG.com

The Chronicles of Elyria site has been updated with a progress report showcasing what the team has been up to over the last several weeks. Of notable interest is the fleshing out of the Equipment and Inventory systems.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    I have to say, I am not impressed by the graphics.
    Pantheon is light years ahead of them.
    Kinda disappointed actually.
    [Deleted User]Gdemami
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Updates FTW!

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

TEKK3N said:

haha, don't think they have even started to think graphic. probably just working on basic mechanics for the game still.
    [Deleted User]
  • bayareamjbayareamj Member UncommonPosts: 31
    It will be 2022 before this is released. This the kind of testing you do when the game is in infancy.

-----------------------------------
    MMO player

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited May 2018

jgDuffay said:

TEKK3N said:

haha, don't think they have even started to think graphic. probably just working on basic mechanics for the game still.

Considering the fact both games started development around the same time, CoE seems quite far behind compared to Pantheon, at least in the graphic department.
    Not judging the game, just the graphics.

Not sure why game developers (in general) don't think it is high priority to hire at least 1 Talented Artist and a good 3d Designer.
    Just browse Devianart website, there are many talented kids who would do it for free just to add stuff on their CV.

If you want to sell a game, graphics is the way to go, see Star Citizen, there is no game but hey...ships look cool AF and voila', 150 Millions in the bank.

Graphics is the sex equivalent of gaming...they both sell.
    Asm0deusPanserbjorne39CryomatrixValdheiminfomatzSadfistWaanJamesGoblinPingu2012Gdemami
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Why even bother wasting resources on unequip / equip animations? It's unnecessary and what they got so far looks terrible -- the guy just pats above his head and then the helmet appears.
    Slapshot1188Panserbjorne39angerbeaverKyleran
    --------------------------------------------
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Best part is that someone thought this would be good to show...
    SadfistJamesGoblinangerbeaverIselinKyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I think we knit picking here,it looks ok but other than seeing very little in the video,i got nothing from the video.
    What i "thought" we were getting was a video describing how armor/gear plays a role in the game,how it is equipped and unequipped be it live on the fly or OOC etc etc.

I did notice a high quality or superb quality but i thought,what role does that play and if you had a slightly more worn piece of armor would there really be any difference at all in combat?
    So yeah the video told us nothing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I'd be willing to bet someone $100 this will be the biggest shitshow in mmo history....and yes I'm including Star Citizen.
    Slapshot1188JamesGoblin[Deleted User]
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited May 2018

TEKK3N said:

jgDuffay said:

TEKK3N said:

Considering the fact both games started development around the same time, CoE seems quite far behind compared to Pantheon, at least in the graphic department.

Not judging the game, just the graphics.

Not sure why game developers (in general) don't think it is high priority to hire at least 1 Talented Artist and a good 3d Designer.

Just browse Devianart website, there are many talented kids who would do it for free just to add stuff on their CV.

If you want to sell a game, graphics is the way to go, see Star Citizen, there is no game but hey...ships look cool AF and voila', 150 Millions in the bank.

Graphics is the sex equivalent of gaming...they both sell.

Indeed.  Lots of people say welp gameplay over graphics but I think that's a very outdated way to see things. 

In this day and age I want BOTH, great gameplay AND great graphics.
    AlomarSadfistLeFantome

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

I'd be willing to bet someone $100 this will be the biggest shitshow in mmo history....and yes I'm including Star Citizen.

Did you forget tabula rasa?
    JamesGoblin

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Why must this game give me so many reasons to make fun of it?
    Slapshot1188Waan[Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Give me a Great fun Game with Tons of Things to do and Rare Mobs to kill/camp and some good old Pvp RVR or GVG i could care what the game looks like while playing it.
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664

Best part is that someone thought this would be good to show...

Haha what do you know. In your other thread you said they didn't have anything to show! Well look at this will ya!! Next time keep your mouth shut!!

/sarcasm
    Slapshot1188JamesGoblin[Deleted User]Kyleran
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    I think we need some more 'Pre-Alpha' stage definitions... I'd call this the 'Asset-Store-Engine-Tutorial' phase.
    SadfistKyleran
    acidblood said:
    I think we need some more 'Pre-Alpha' stage definitions... I'd call this the 'Asset-Store-Engine-Tutorial' phase.
    Then what would you call the last 2 years?  
    JamesGoblin

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited May 2018
    Don't think there is much to see in this video.. except the fact that somebody is struggling with a sub-sub-sub system of a game that apparently isn't anywhere near ready atm....
    Post edited by Galadourn on
    JamesGoblin[Deleted User]
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Why are they releasing this video now? Weren't they supposed to be working with pre-alpha Release 4 stuff by now, and inventory and equipment are from pre-alpha Release 2.

Or has their schedule changed from January?
    https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/23401/A-Year-of-Foundation
    angerbeaverMadFrenchie

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    What year is this?!
    [Deleted User]

Beta tester maniac

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

berlight said:

What year is this?!

It's in the year of our lord 2018.
    MadFrenchie
    --------------------------------------------
    Vrika said:
    Why are they releasing this video now? Weren't they supposed to be working with pre-alpha Release 4 stuff by now, and inventory and equipment are from pre-alpha Release 2.

Don’t be negative and just look at the past.  The past is irrelevant.  All that matters are what we promise, not what we deliver.   

Always forward!!! Never back!!
    [Deleted User]

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Vrika said:

This is crowdfunded software development, damn it!  Schedules are merely for marketing purposes.
    NildenWellspring[Deleted User]

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Apparently if a moderator doesn't like a game, they choose not to delete posts that are obvious trolling posts or warn the poster(s). Several of these comments do not add anything to the content of the article. If I left some of these comments on a WoW article, I'd have my account suspended/blocked. I also think the type of continued toxicity oozing from this particular community (mmorpg.com) is a defining point to DEVs not to show what they're working on, ever.

To the point of the CoE article in general, I don't necessarily think they deserve the amount of hate they're getting. Do I think the video deserves a standing ovation? Maybe not, based on your personal belief system towards what an acceptable of pre-alpha is. I do believe the DEVs have worked fairly transparently with the SBS community and in some cases to their own demise. The game's overall selling point from Kickstarter has not been fully unveiled and to some degree, may never be. Videos like this don't always inspire a crowd. The video itself did nothing for the community but show what they're working on in the cubical farm and only generated more questions than answers. To a certain extent, they were maybe better off saving this video until all the UI, inventory management, and equipment were more fleshed out and complete. Coupled with a voice over explaining the overall impact different types on armor have on the character, in explicit detail. What is the big so what to CoE armor? etc.
    So on one hand you agree that this video is not doing the game any favors.

On the other you feel that people pointing this out are hateful trolls who are conspiring with the mmorpg.com mods against the game?

Interesting.
    Slapshot1188Kyleran
    Harbinger of Fools
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Apparently if a moderator doesn't like a game, they choose not to delete posts that are obvious trolling posts or warn the poster(s). Several of these comments do not add anything to the content of the article. If I left some of these comments on a WoW article, I'd have my account suspended/blocked. I also think the type of continued toxicity oozing from this particular community (mmorpg.com) is a defining point to DEVs not to show what they're working on, ever.

To the point of the CoE article in general, I don't necessarily think they deserve the amount of hate they're getting. Do I think the video deserves a standing ovation? Maybe not, based on your personal belief system towards what an acceptable of pre-alpha is. I do believe the DEVs have worked fairly transparently with the SBS community and in some cases to their own demise. The game's overall selling point from Kickstarter has not been fully unveiled and to some degree, may never be. Videos like this don't always inspire a crowd. The video itself did nothing for the community but show what they're working on in the cubical farm and only generated more questions than answers. To a certain extent, they were maybe better off saving this video until all the UI, inventory management, and equipment were more fleshed out and complete. Coupled with a voice over explaining the overall impact different types on armor have on the character, in explicit detail. What is the big so what to CoE armor? etc.
    Regarding the moderation: you're just, point blank, wrong.  Simple as that.
    Slapshot1188[Deleted User]Kyleran

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    edited May 2018
    snip
    Regarding the moderation: you're just, point blank, wrong.  Simple as that.

Fancy putting some meaning behind that, what makes your opinion right and his wrong?
    Adding some context to your argument can only ever help your point.

Dakeru said:
    snip
    So on one hand you agree that this video is not doing the game any favors.

On the other you feel that people pointing this out are hateful trolls who are conspiring with the mmorpg.com mods against the game?

Interesting.

What I believe he is trying to say is that whilst the game has issues, this video and the point in its release being one of them, the hate that it receives is unfair and probably unwarranted. 

He also points out that elsewhere on these forums(maybe other forums not too sure) this sort of hate would lead to bans, so he infers that either the mods must not like the game.

Seems quite straight forward to me...
    [Deleted User]Tekkon