Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My days of healing are over.

13»

Comments

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    I can't even remember the game.  But I remember being yelled at for someone dying because they were dumb and it ended my desire to ever become a pure healer.  I only could play off healer types. 

I usually play the healer when I play with family in COOP RPG's though.  I wish they made more of them.
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Wizardry said:
    Well this thread is a very good one to support what i have been saying a longtime...FFXI>ALL the rest.
    You see in aFFXI,having better gear or higher numbers can be a detriment because combat is/was all about the group  as a whole and NOT the individual.

So wtf am i talking about?Well if a healer does such high healing it over powers the dps and or tank and or other healer/s they draw hate/aggression and that can be death IF the game /combat is difficult and not just doing some fly by night errands.
    It is also another reason i don't like games utilizing plate healers,it ruins the integrity of the combat and the players.
    A healer should be well versed in how much healing they can do and they should be at risk so as to NOT spam healing,there should ALWAYS be risk versus reward.
    EQ and even WoW were like this as well originally.  I'm not sure about AoC or DAOC as I never played either.  FFXI wasn't the only game where you had to manage aggro very carefully.  The main reason I didn't stick with FFXI very long was that I felt the combat solo was a bit dull.  The multiclass was neat, but the actual combat was even slower than EQ and in the original EQ combat was pretty slow.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I can't even remember the game.  But I remember being yelled at for someone dying because they were dumb and it ended my desire to ever become a pure healer.  I only could play off healer types. 

I usually play the healer when I play with family in COOP RPG's though.  I wish they made more of them.
    You failed the thick skin test :)
    Vermillion_Raventhal
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Iselin said:

I have thick skin.  I have little tolerance for that kind of game play.  
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Iselin said:

I have thick skin.  I have little tolerance for that kind of game play.  

When we can play Pantheon, the content will be hard, to what degree is not yet known.  If it's anything like the streaming videos, very hard and people will die a lot. 

This may be a natural occurrence (I'm fine with that).  I'm afraid much of this could be pined on the healer depending on the players.  Players don't laugh if off like the developers playing as friends in the videos !!