Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrate 15 Years of EVE Online During Operation: Conscious Interruption - EVE Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageCelebrate 15 Years of EVE Online During Operation: Conscious Interruption - EVE Online - MMORPG.com

EVE Online News - From today through May 15th, EVE Online players can take part in the game's 15th anniversary celebration during Operation: Conscious Interruption. During the event, players will help defend Society of Conscious Thought facilities from the attacking Drifters and can receive the exclusive 15th Anniversary SKIN.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    So if I am a free player will I receive these 15th anniversary bonuses if I subscribe for a month?
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889

So if I am a free player will I receive these 15th anniversary bonuses if I subscribe for a month?

It seems so.

And it will be the first time in 9 years when I won't login, subscribe and get the anniversary stuff. Clowns have deleted "walking in stations" module so there is no RPG part anymore.

Kyleran

Thank you for your time!

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

3dom said:

It seems so.

And it will be the first time in 9 years when I won't login, subscribe and get the anniversary stuff. Clowns have deleted "walking in stations" module so there is no RPG part anymore.

Aehm... WiS did not add any social aspect to the game. It might eventually have, if they had build upon it, but most likely "Local", "Corp" and "Alliance" chat would have remained the supperior means of social interaction even then.

WiS was fancy idea with no actual wight behind it, and thus it was wisely canned.

(I like how people think that avatars is an essential tool for social interaction, when we increasingly communicate by distance via text, pictures and voice in the real world...)
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited May 2018
    hfztt said:

3dom said:

It seems so.

Aehm... WiS did not add any social aspect to the game. It might eventually have, if they had build upon it, but most likely "Local", "Corp" and "Alliance" chat would have remained the supperior means of social interaction even then.

WiS was fancy idea with no actual wight behind it, and thus it was wisely canned.

(I like how people think that avatars is an essential tool for social interaction, when we increasingly communicate by distance via text, pictures and voice in the real world...)
    Role playing really is all in the imagination of the player, and props aren't necessary unless Renfairs and LARPs are your thing.

While never having played tabletop D&D, my guess is most folks don't don their wizards robes and grab the broadsword off the wall to play the game.

I always found EVE to be a great RP game, because it was very easy to fall into being a miner,  or explorer or imagine Goons really are the scum of the universe. ;)

WIS did nothing for me. Now I could see my bearded Asian male avatars (because like many PVEers, back in the day Caldari were the best race to start with as their ships favored missiles or something like that) and I never related well to the model. 

I definitely did not relate to the female avatars that came later, I just don't look that good in tights in real life. :)

As opposed to being a dwarf hunter or lizardman mage in fantasy games, where it was much harder to suspend disbelief in them,  at least for me.  

Though for some reason I find playing a Troll in game a natural fit, not sure why. B)
    SBFordConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

Zenislav said:

Anniversary Capsule SKIN + Apotheosis class shuttle with its branded SKIN is for Alpha account that logged in game before May 7th.

If you had Omega status during this 30 days at any point prior to May 7th and you logged in game you will also receive:

Sunesis class destroyer + Gnosis class battlecruiser as well their XV branded anniversary SKIN

Edit:
    Oh yea and both Alpha and Omegas will also receive limited edition fifteenth anniversary XV branded shirt and cap.

Thanks to you for the details & the others for the explanation(s). I think I'll create (3) for all but Amarr.