Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why You Should Check Out Bless in 2018!

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Scot said:
    DMKano said:
    YashaX said:
    Thanks for the video, the game looks quite interesting. I don't think I can take any more pve grind these days, but I'll probably try it out just to see what the world feels like. 

The world is unfinished - and devs have confirmed that Steam lunch world will remain as is - aka 90% baren and unfinished. This was on Q&A on Steam.

Best part of Bless are the instanced dungeons, combat is decent and models and animations are well done.

The world however for explorers... is a low point of the game

So what 90% of the world is scenery? I love a nose round looking at stuff but that's taking it too far.
    There was another asian game that was released year ago or somethging like that. Can not even remember the derrivative name it had. Maybe Sword Online ? ....

In any case, it had fantastic movement system where you could jump real high, fly, run on water.

And the world was actually huge and beautyful. You could go where ever you wanted without loading screens.

But guess what. Only content was around quest path. Everything else was empty. Nothing, not even random animals or mobs.

I really could not understand why would anyone make such great work in moddeling the world, and simply not put anything in it. My buest guess is that they simply ran out of money.

So now you claim Bless is the same ?

So very dissapointing.... but than again what to expect from Asian crap they call MMO
    YashaX

• IzkimarIzkimar Member UncommonPosts: 568

So what 90% of the world is scenery? I love a nose round looking at stuff but that's taking it too far.
    There was another asian game that was released year ago or somethging like that. Can not even remember the derrivative name it had. Maybe Sword Online ? ....

In any case, it had fantastic movement system where you could jump real high, fly, run on water.

And the world was actually huge and beautyful. You could go where ever you wanted without loading screens.

But guess what. Only content was around quest path. Everything else was empty. Nothing, not even random animals or mobs.

I really could not understand why would anyone make such great work in moddeling the world, and simply not put anything in it. My buest guess is that they simply ran out of money.

So very dissapointing.... but than again what to expect from Asian crap they call MMO
    DMKano is right in some areas, but is definitely utilizing some mass hyperbole. There are places that could be a bit more filled in, and the ones that are 100% empty are actually zones that just aren't implemented yet. In fact, I know some of them were the higher level zones on original KR. 

Also, Idk where he is getting that they confirmed it will all be the same on Steam Release. 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Izkimar said:

DMKano is right in some areas, but is definitely utilizing some mass hyperbole. There are places that could be a bit more filled in, and the ones that are 100% empty are actually zones that just aren't implemented yet. In fact, I know some of them were the higher level zones on original KR. 

Also, Idk where he is getting that they confirmed it will all be the same on Steam Release. 

The funny thing is, in relation to this I am usually posting "we want more space". The concept of not being able to run for 10 seconds before you bump into something else you need to do is important. Every larger space does not have to be a quest hub.

But there is a limit to that, when it comes to roleplaying you just need enough "empty" space to hold guild meetings without having people running through you every few minutes. So something like 25% would be more than ample. Even large world MMOs like Rift offered no areas where you could do what I mentioned. "Pack it with content" seemed to be the design philosophy.

Well from what Izkimar is saying they are just leaving a lot of room for expansion. This one won't be for me, but I guess at least your avatar can breathe. :)
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    DMKano said:
    YashaX said:
    Thanks for the video, the game looks quite interesting. I don't think I can take any more pve grind these days, but I'll probably try it out just to see what the world feels like. 

The world is unfinished - and devs have confirmed that Steam lunch world will remain as is - aka 90% baren and unfinished. This was on Q&A on Steam.

Best part of Bless are the instanced dungeons, combat is decent and models and animations are well done.

Oh well, that's too bad. I seem to remember that you were really hyped about Bless a couple of years ago, around the time BDO was launching in the West. 
    Scot said:

The funny thing is, in relation to this I am usually posting "we want more space". The concept of not being able to run for 10 seconds before you bump into something else you need to do is important. Every larger space does not have to be a quest hub.

But there is a limit to that, when it comes to roleplaying you just need enough "empty" space to hold guild meetings without having people running through you every few minutes. So something like 25% would be more than ample. Even large world MMOs like Rift offered no areas where you could do what I mentioned. "Pack it with content" seemed to be the design philosophy.

Well from what Izkimar is saying they are just leaving a lot of room for expansion. This one won't be for me, but I guess at least your avatar can breathe. :)

Yeah there is definitely space to do the sorts of things with the guild you mentioned lol. 
    Scot
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Izkimar said:
    In my latest video, I cover the major reasons I think everyone should check out Bless in 2018! 

I go into great detail on the features that I am most excited for, let me know what you think! 
    only thing I could think of is there is nothing new of note to check so you can be as well check.

again before anything i'm still holding any form of hype till the damn thing is out and see if it will be good enough, not the first time someone make promises then fail to deliver
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    DMKano said:
    YashaX said:

Gameplay > Scenery
  • RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Thanks for the video.  The game is at least worth a buy, and one would hope that issues would be fleshed out and handled as continued development progresses.  I like how the game developer is self-publishing it in the west versus how things were handled in the east with publishers, and the potential there is a thumbs up from me.  The ball is in Neowiz's court to live up to the expectations of the players.
    Izkimar

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

Rhoms said:
    Thanks for the video.  The game is at least worth a buy, and one would hope that issues would be fleshed out and handled as continued development progresses.  I like how the game developer is self-publishing it in the west versus how things were handled in the east with publishers, and the potential there is a thumbs up from me.  The ball is in Neowiz's court to live up to the expectations of the players.
    Thank you! I definitely agree with your assessment! I would be a liar if I said I had 0 concerns. However, if Bless were to live out my worst case scenario predictions, I would still get around 2-3 months of fun out of it. Which for me, will be worth the price of admission. 
  • LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Ah. Another PvP game for neckbeards to feel superior in order to have a sense of presence they don't get in the real world. But seriously. There's no need to act tough and be mouthy online. If you gank then so be it. You PvP and that's fine. But you're not Mr. Toughguy just because you're hardcore on PvP. A successful MMO in this day and age will only survive if it caters both PvP and PvE players. Forced PvP will never make a successful game. I PvP but I prefer to PvP when I'm in the mood for it. Doing it every single time I log on gets boring. There's no substance to an MMO if all it is  is just mindless fighting.

Getting too old for this $&17!

@Lurv Quick question. What happens when a neckbeard is both superior and has a presence in the real world? 
    IceAge
  • RueTheWhirlRueTheWhirl Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I subscribed to you on the tube. Appreciate the content. Well done.
    TheScavenger
    @RueTheWhirl Thank you! I appreciate the comment and sub! 
    RueTheWhirl
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    DMKano said:
    YashaX said:

Gameplay > Scenery
    but from everything shown in bless, gameplay is garbage.
    Raquis

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Nothing personal against people trying to hype the game and what not, but wouldn't be best "suited" to just wait until they show whatever it is on the 11th? I mean from everything I see being said or shown, there's nothing that "back-ups" anything significant being done yet other than just a couple of screenshots of concepts without little to no explanation, yet they want streamers and the like to back a product they know next to nothing about. Using the "Japanese client" argument means even less if there's major changes from that build coming to the westernized one. It just feels like desperation for something "new" is blinding logic when it comes to this game. Aeria Games wouldn't even publish it for crying out loud....
    Jacobin
  • LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Izkimar said:
    @Lurv Quick question. What happens when a neckbeard is both superior and has a presence in the real world? 
    Well that's rare. And even so it doesn't hurt to be humble and not feel the need to be aggressive. It's fine if you enjoy the fight. But belittling a so called carebear isn't necessary. Not everyone is PvP intensive. And if you're truly that badass, then there's nothing to prove online to a bunch of people who in the end don't matter. Just saying.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    edited April 2018
    Albatroes said:
    Nothing personal against people trying to hype the game and what not, but wouldn't be best "suited" to just wait until they show whatever it is on the 11th? I mean from everything I see being said or shown, there's nothing that "back-ups" anything significant being done yet other than just a couple of screenshots of concepts without little to no explanation, yet they want streamers and the like to back a product they know next to nothing about. Using the "Japanese client" argument means even less if there's major changes from that build coming to the westernized one. It just feels like desperation for something "new" is blinding logic when it comes to this game. Aeria Games wouldn't even publish it for crying out loud....
    Exactly, people are lining up to be shills er.. ambassadors without even knowing if the massive problems are fixed.

Fevir just released a video of the Japanese client where combat and even an auto-pathing mount has massive lag and frame skips. How could anyone not be extremely wary after seeing this?

People tout the 60 million budget as if that is a positive when the reality is that money was totally mismanaged and squandered.

The history of Bless is one of catastrophic failure to the point where the entire game was taken down and many people fired which is practically unheard of (FF14 is a totally different beast). Its a classic case of the sunk cost fallacy where the devs are just trying to recoup what they can by slowly going from market to market. The ONLY thing keeping this game alive is the UE3 screenshots.

A dev team that has shown this level of incompetence can hardly be trusted 'rebuild' the game which is why even a bottom feeder publisher like Aeria games wouldn't touch it.

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Margrave said:
    The fact that to unflag from pvp I have to buy an item from the cash shop means I will be skipping this title.

I'm 100% against forced pvp.
    lol... forced pvp.  As you are opting out of the game, it's clearly not forced.  It's a game with pvp and thats all you can say, you guys make it sound so dramatic.  Beyond that, grow some balls, learn to play smart, and you won't die much.  Those that whine = players with no common sense or big crybabies that can't handle the tiny ego-bruise from dying even once.  
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Kyleran said:
    goboygo said:
    Wizardry said:
    Actually i prefer videos over reading,i get headaches reading too much lol.
    However i already checked into this game,but i'll watch anyhow to see what you say is anything i missed.
    You tried harder to unsell me than sell me.

I can't stand the term RAID nor do i like games that stick tougher cotnent and loot in dungeons.You also mentioned tough versus your gear,i can't stand GEAR games,i prefer abilities that allow the player to control the combat,not the gear controlling it.
    Don't like pvp in rpg's,especially with gear and a cash shop.I pvp almost every second day but not in rpg's.
    You dont like the word RAID or games that put loot and content in dungeons....... Or gear games.......

But you like MMO's?
    Absolutely,  that formula is common in EQ derivative theme parks but there are games like EVE that don't follow it.

eh Eve has raids, and you can get loot during them.  Raid just = bigger group.  Never grouped with more than 5-6 people in EVE?
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    How can this guy post his youtube videos here an dlink to em, when i did this in my youtube days with my videos. Then i got red flags and warning and thrown in jail in here...all i wanna say is BUUUH MMORG.com ! shame on you for making difference on people...some people can get away with murder i see...

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    How can this guy post his youtube videos here an dlink to em, when i did this in my youtube days with my videos. Then i got red flags and warning and thrown in jail in here...all i wanna say is BUUUH MMORG.com ! shame on you for making difference on people...some people can get away with murder i see...
    lol were they one of those clickbait top 10 videos?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    razor247 said:
    Another Asian pos to watch burn.....at least the women will look nice 
    If you say so, that isn't a selling point either.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    The game releases in May, combat videos after May 11 via "emissaries". 

Nah, Neowiz isn't up to anything at all...

Tiller
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Tighten that tinfoil hat!  
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

Tighten that tinfoil hat!  
    and footage of combat has been shown...doesn't look all that much different to me.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!