Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen's Biggest Yearly Annual Convention will take place in Austin and hold 2400 people

BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,260
edited May 2018 in Star Citizen

CitizenCon 2948 Announcement

On Wednesday, October 10th, we invite you to join us at the Long Center, in Austin, Texas, for a full day of presentations and interactions, exploring the current and future developments in Star Citizen and Squadron 42.

Building off your favorite elements from last year’s event, and taking advantage of everything the venue has to offer, we are excited to bring the event back to where CitizenCon began!

Ticket Details

CitizenCon 2948 will be held on Wednesday October 10th, 2018 at the Long Center in Austin:
701 W. Riverside Drive
Austin, TX 78704

See a live presentation from Chris Roberts, and meet the team behind the game. We’ll also have plenty of activities and demonstrations around the venue, throughout the day to keep you entertained.

This year we will be offering two ticket types: General Admission for $87 and Premium Access for $130 (prices include local sales tax). Premium ticket holders will gain access to the seating section closest to the stage, as well as a premium registration service. Store credit cannot be used to purchase tickets.

Tickets will go on sale according to the following schedule:

• Wednesday May 2nd, 12PM PDT: 450 Standard & 150 Premium tickets available to Concierge and Subscribers
  • Wednesday May 2nd, 6PM PDT: 450 Standard & 150 Premium tickets available to Concierge and Subscribers
  • Thursday May 3rd, 12PM PDT: 450 Standard & 150 Premium tickets available to all backers
  • Thursday May 3rd, 6PM PDT: Remaining 450 Standard & 150 Premium tickets available to all backers

Tickets will be available here

- Frequently Asked Questions

What Should I Bring?

Please remember to bring your printed ticket or a digital copy stored on your phone, and your photo ID. If you have a Citizen Card or any Star Citizen and Squadron 42 clothing or accessories, we encourage you to wear them. Cosplay is appreciated; however, local laws and venue restrictions prohibit prop weapons (the Long Center is effectively an Armistice Zone) so please leave those at home.

Will There Be Food Available?

We will have a selection of food trucks on the terrace, along with bars throughout the venue for your convenience. There are also a range of dining options within walking distance. Outside food and beverages are not allowed inside the venue.

Where Can I Park?

There is a 1200 space parking garage next to the venue: Parking for Palmer Events Center / Long Center, as well as other options within walking distance.

Is the Long Center wheelchair accessible?

Yes. There is wheelchair access to nearly all of the venue, including restrooms. A selection of locations will be available for wheelchair users to enjoy the show.

Will there be seating available?

Yes. This is a seated event for everything happening in the main hall. Other locations for demos and activities may have seating as appropriate.

Is there an age restriction for the venue?

Yes, the event is 21+

Can people bring their own seating for the wait?

You may bring a small foldable seat to use while outside the venue; however, use of them inside the premises is prohibited, so you would need to use the coat check once inside. Please only bring what you’ll need with you to the event.

Can I Bring Gifts?

Although we truly appreciate the sentiment, many of us will be flying out the next day, and we are unable to accept gifts at the event.

Is there a Coat Check?

Yes and attendees will be encouraged to store their belongings in the visitor’s coat check.

Anything planned for Tuesday or Thursday?

If you’re planning to be in Austin the day before or after, or you’re already there, keep an eye out for updates on meetups as we get closer to the day. We do enjoy taking every opportunity to meet our fantastic community.

Can I buy a ticket for my friend?

No, as tickets are non-transferrable. Ticket purchases are also limited to one per person.

If there are unsold tickets from the first day of sales, will they be available to all backers when tickets are added on the second day?

Yes. Any unsold tickets from the first day will roll over to the second.

I can’t attend anymore, can I cancel and get a refund?

Tickets may be cancelled up until 30 days prior to the event and refunded for store credit. No refunds will be granted within 30 days of the event. Tickets are non-transferrable.

Stay In The Loop!

Look out for latest news, contests, and additional information about CitizenCon. Whether you’re with us in Austin, or back at home, keep up to date with all things Star Citizen by following our various channels on social media:

Photo credit: Scott Melcer (Exterior) and Jerry Hayes (Interior).

Source: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16493-CitizenCon-2948-Announcement
Post edited by Babuinix on
CoticJamesGoblinWalkinGlenn

Comments

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Lol refunded for store credit
    BabuinixrpmcmurphySlyLoK
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,260
    Kefo said:
    Hope you guys can make it so we can share some drinks!
    Erillion
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Hope you guys can make it so we can share some drinks!
    Have a drink for me 
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    The Wildcatter is selling his wolf tickets

JamesGoblinBabuinixPhaserlight
    edited April 2018
    Cotic said:
    The Wildcatter is selling his wolf tickets

You should go. it will be very exciting  :)
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    I am sure the presentation will be exciting, the real content.. not so much, ergo wolf tickets.
    If you are lucky it might only start 2 hours late this year or perhaps you'll get treated to a boring hour long presentation about the website revamp.

The only fun thing would be seeing everyone's faces when Crobear tells them the games have been cancelled.
    BabuinixRhimeKrematory
    edited April 2018
    Ohhh french fries for breakfast... How reckless >:)

I'm sure that if you pray long and deep enough your wishes of seeing Star Citizen canceled can materialize...

Just dont forget to save some of those hopes & prayers for space legs and atmo landings :D
    Post edited by Babuinix on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited April 2018
    Kefo said:
    Bunch o' sissys, EVE Vegas Fall 2018 tickets are not refundable....

;)
    BabuinixKefo

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Age restriction is 21+ ...wow
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    I would assume because alcohol is served
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Kefo said:
    cheyane said:
    Which if you had gone to EVE Fanfest in Iceland this year you only had to be 20+, the legal drinking age there.

:)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    US is weird right, +21 to go to Citizencon cause alcohol but only +18 for gunz, hurrah \o/

Okay salt mode off :p, I look forward to see what they have stored this year, if they do it like last year was really a good format, presentations, stations to let people play several things, etc...
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,827
    Kyleran said:
    Kefo said:
    cheyane said:
    Which if you had gone to EVE Fanfest in Iceland this year you only had to be 20+, the legal drinking age there.

Or hold your events in the UK where you only have to be 18+, we like our boozers to start as early as possible. :)
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Cotic said:
    I am sure the presentation will be exciting, the real content.. not so much, ergo wolf tickets.
    If you are lucky it might only start 2 hours late this year or perhaps you'll get treated to a boring hour long presentation about the website revamp.

The only fun thing would be seeing everyone's faces when Crobear tells them the games have been cancelled.
    Maybe they can show off their next set of ships they will be selling for $1000 each?
    OrinoriBabuinixScot
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Cotic said:

Maybe they can show off their next set of ships they will be selling for $1000 each?
    One can only hope!
    Babuinix
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Kefo said:
    TBH that's more than EU Law would give you (No refunds for event tickets at all)
    Kyleran

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Thats allot of money for a piece of blue cake.
    Babuinix
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Thats allot of money for a piece of blue cake.
    If you think the only thing to be gained there is blue cake, you maybe go to the wrong events.

Have fun

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    Dang, you guys are in, hook, line, and sinker.   Anyway, hope you all have a good time visiting Austin.  Lots of fun stuff to do in addition.  
    Orinori

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,827
    Kefo said:
    TBH that's more than EU Law would give you (No refunds for event tickets at all)
    I think you must be forgetting the laws of specific member states then, as you can do so in the UK and I would be surprised if there were not equivalent laws across Europe.
    edited May 2018
    Scot said:
    Kefo said:
    I think you must be forgetting the laws of specific member states then, as you can do so in the UK and I would be surprised if there were not equivalent laws across Europe.
    AFAIK UK law says no refunds for event tickets (only if cancelled, moved or rescheduled).
    If you have other data please post the link.

Edit: Some Links
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/event-tickets/event-tickets/getting-a-refund-on-an-event-ticket/
    https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/l/event-tickets
    https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    so nearly 5 months since I have even looked at these forums its still all about conventions and 'roadmaps'. I guess there has been some 'major' patch to 3.0 but looks like it didnt get much in the way of making it even close to what 3.0 was supposed to be a year ago when they first hyped it.

So same old same old I guess.

Oh and apparently they have to bribe the streamers with new PCs to keep streaming it despite the end all be all of versions being released and trillions and trillions of 'citizens' 'donating' more money than exists in the known universe to see it come to completion. 
    Phaserlight
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    Kefo said:
    cheyane said:

By 20 I had already developed liver problems.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung

The cake is a lie.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    Star Citizen's Biggest Yearly Annual Convention will take place in Austin in 2400

Hey. I just fixed your title.

You welcome .. 
    Babuinix

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!