Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Not So MMO: Red Dead Redemption 2: Official Trailer #3

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Not So MMO: Red Dead Redemption 2: Official Trailer #3

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Should be Rockstar's best game. GTA is their cash cow. You can tell they are taking this very seriously. A project of passion?
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    October can't come soon enough.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I'll have to do a season 1 & 2 marathon of westworld Sept -October before playing this
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    need to clean the dust of my ps4 for this one
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    If its not coming out for PC then who cares
    Samhael[Deleted User]
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    I like how there are mmos opening up a CBT this month still can't be found on the game's list, but at least we have this article.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Virtual Worlds

That's what I love about Rock Star games.

I'd love to see what they could come up with in an MMORPG. 
    SBFord[Deleted User]Wellspring

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited May 2018
    I like how there are mmos opening up a CBT this month still can't be found on the game's list, but at least we have this article.
    Feel free to send a news tip to [email protected] and we'll check it out. If you have contact with devs, have them contact us for inclusion on the games list. It's very simple, really, as @Torval said.

I opted to put this up because it's one of those huge games and IPs that a lot of people are interested and it is CLEARLY marked "NOT SO MMO" so that you don't have to click on it if non-MMOs aren't your thing. ;)
    pantaroIlaya[Deleted User]LackingMMOinfomatzWellspring

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I don't know what's wrong with me, but that Trailer did nothing to me :(
    Loved the other ones, but this one is....i dunno.....it's not transporting anything to me.
    I'm alone with that?
    [Deleted User]Aethaeryn
  • DeathboDeathbo Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Wonder if there will be season pass
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Should be Rockstar's best game. GTA is their cash cow. You can tell they are taking this very seriously. A project of passion?
    enlighten me..how are they proving to me they are taking the game seriously and not like all the other developers in the market right now?
    I am not saying they are not,i simply don't know but i am listening.
    Even GTA,no matter how good anyone thinks the games are,they still lack some very core basic design ideas that SHOULD be there to improve the games.

Passion is a term that should be used in a way that if WE ourselves were building the game to our standards,would this meet the same criteria?If not then it is merely a business and NOT a game of passion.
    I can point to one such ideal that i expect and so happens that even my lowly fave mmorpg on PS2 console did pull of where other more modern games still do NOT and that is buildings structures with insides and moving doors.
    A lot of buildings in games are instances or have no moving doors ,they really look like cheap 2d objects and Rockstar games does a lot of that.I am well aware of the effort it takes to pull it off,so don't remind me,i am simply saying is this a passionate design or a business design?

I have only mildly looked at this game ,so i will look at it more closely and decide what i think of it now and the direction it is taking.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I should make note that i also believe Rockstar is at least big enough and rich enough to pull off as good a rpg or mmorpg as anyone out there,so we will have to wait and see if they do put in the effort.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Wizardry said:
    enlighten me..how are they proving to me they are taking the game seriously and not like all the other developers in the market right now?
    I am not saying they are not,i simply don't know but i am listening.
    Even GTA,no matter how good anyone thinks the games are,they still lack some very core basic design ideas that SHOULD be there to improve the games.

Passion is a term that should be used in a way that if WE ourselves were building the game to our standards,would this meet the same criteria?If not then it is merely a business and NOT a game of passion.
    I can point to one such ideal that i expect and so happens that even my lowly fave mmorpg on PS2 console did pull of where other more modern games still do NOT and that is buildings structures with insides and moving doors.
    A lot of buildings in games are instances or have no moving doors ,they really look like cheap 2d objects and Rockstar games does a lot of that.I am well aware of the effort it takes to pull it off,so don't remind me,i am simply saying is this a passionate design or a business design?

I have only mildly looked at this game ,so i will look at it more closely and decide what i think of it now and the direction it is taking.
    Wizardry said:
    I should make note that i also believe Rockstar is at least big enough and rich enough to pull off as good a rpg or mmorpg as anyone out there,so we will have to wait and see if they do put in the effort.
    blah blah blah and i skip your post, that generally what i do when i see your posts
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Ilaya said:

I don't know what's wrong with me, but that Trailer did nothing to me :(

Loved the other ones, but this one is....i dunno.....it's not transporting anything to me.

I'm alone with that?

100% agree. . It didn't get me excited. I loved the other ones as well. . seemed disjointed. . no build up. . just random scenes of a lot of characters I don't know.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• BenjiGarrettBenjiGarrett Member CommonPosts: 39
    I need RDR2 for PC. Please.
    [Deleted User]desdecardo
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

I know right? I have a PC and just got a Nintendo Switch, neither of which helps me here! :(
    [Deleted User]desdecardo
    --------------------------------------------
  • desdecardodesdecardo Member UncommonPosts: 7

I agree. I have a PS4 but love gaming on a PC so much better. I can use a dang keyboard for one and you arent hooked into mediocre graphics that you have on consoles.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071