Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG, LFD, LFR

13»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,847
    Blizzard also made two other mistakes..

Just like they did with other games ,TOO many races,it dilutes the product in each zone.
    Second mistake,a sort of altaholic design,instead of a sub class design.That again dilutes the product in each zone/racial area especially when the game gets even a few months old let alone several years old.
    Sure many people will make alts to try other classes/races but WHY not have all the classes on the same player,it is a lot more plausible than NOT doing it.

Oh your a mechanic,well then that is it,no way can you be a carpenter then.Oh we give you 3 choices,you can pick herbalism..lol,oh yes because in a real living world there is no way i could do much more beyond that difficult role.
    Sadly i can state that even my favorite game was ruined and became similar to what Blizzard did to Wow a much less desirable product and this trend is happening everywhere because devs are greedy and cutting corners on cost and ongoing development.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,512
    edited May 2018
    DMKano said:
    DMKano is wrong,  
    You don't loose 50% your customer's because an automobile manufacture decides to install a faulty water pump in their vehicles........ You fix the water pump and have 100% of your customer's !!!!!  

LFG divided many mmorpg players..... It needs to be fixed !

This is a flawed analogy.

Majority hates long waiting periods to get organized - example hour+ it took to get raids "started" - this is simply due to the fact that there is nothing fun about waiting around for an hour doing nothing. It sucks.

You can't equate this to a "faulty water pump" in a vehicle that manufacturer decides to install in 50% of their cars (since a faulty water pump will prevent cars from running - I'd say that this will result in major loss of customers - no way they regain all of them even after repairs).

But do you see how these are 2 entirely different things?

One is removing unnecessary waste of time - the other is fixing basic functionality (aka car not running at all).

Your right, 
    Infact EVERYONE hates long waiting periods to get organized. 

But LFG tools broke the games for many...... It's not a good solution if 50% don't like it.  

Their are other solutions with a SOCIAL PANEL.  I offered rough outlines on how, I'll admit, their could be better ways than I suggested.... It can be done :)   

Your right, 
    The "faulty water pump" is not the best example, but you get my point !  

Wouldn't you like to see everyone happy, after all that's the bigger point of this post.  
    Sure, it's obvious I'm on the opposite side of the 50%..... But it's still 50% no matter what side were on. 
    Guestimating is far from presenting a solid argument!

Last time I check Chat is still available for you in 2018.

You and your friends can still wait for hours until you have the required group to venture off into the fantasy world.

Nobody is stopping you not even any of LFG, LFD, LFR.

Rift                                           Blessed                    BDO

I guess I'll have to say it again. 

PEOPLE DON'T READ ROLLINGG CHAT !  

Only two ways to find groups: 
    - Post in rolling chat (people don't read rolling chat) Therefore wait for hours. 
    - Use the social panel, it's fast and easy, but players are unaware of this feature. 

Here's the problem with that "good Guild"...... Say your level 24.  Your "good Guild" better have at least 50 players on at any given time if your to find 4 to 5 players willing to go including a Tank and a Healer around that level ! ....... No scratch that, 100 players !...... And they would have to be reading ROLLING CHAT but only in green.

Solution ?   LFG tool..... and piss off 50% of players, making it a lobby game. 
    Better solution ?     Make a better social panel.

I don't understand how this could be argued ? ...... it's how it is.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 13,317
    DMKano said:
    DMKano is wrong,  
    You don't loose 50% your customer's because an automobile manufacture decides to install a faulty water pump in their vehicles........ You fix the water pump and have 100% of your customer's !!!!!  

Majority hates long waiting periods to get organized - example hour+ it took to get raids "started" - this is simply due to the fact that there is nothing fun about waiting around for an hour doing nothing. It sucks.

You can't equate this to a "faulty water pump" in a vehicle that manufacturer decides to install in 50% of their cars (since a faulty water pump will prevent cars from running - I'd say that this will result in major loss of customers - no way they regain all of them even after repairs).

One is removing unnecessary waste of time - the other is fixing basic functionality (aka car not running at all).

Your right, 

But LFG tools broke the games for many...... It's not a good solution if 50% don't like it.  

Their are other solutions with a SOCIAL PANEL.  I offered rough outlines on how, I'll admit, their could be better ways than I suggested.... It can be done :)   

Your right, 

Wouldn't you like to see everyone happy, after all that's the bigger point of this post.  
    Sure, it's obvious I'm on the opposite side of the 50%..... But it's still 50% no matter what side were on. 

You and your friends can still wait for hours until you have the required group to venture off into the fantasy world.

- Post in rolling chat (people don't read rolling chat) Therefore wait for hours. 
    - Use the social panel, it's fast and easy, but players are unaware of this feature. 

Here's the problem with that "good Guild"...... Say your level 24.  Your "good Guild" better have at least 50 players on at any given time if your to find 4 to 5 players willing to go including a Tank and a Healer around that level ! ....... No scratch that, 100 players !...... And they would have to be reading ROLLING CHAT but only in green.

A guild will help with the LFG issue, it is not a 100% solution, as I mentioned elsewhere it should have a active forum. You discuss the situation there and see who can help you out, even that top level guild leader will have alts he needs levelling.

But one thing, be polite, don't start going on about how grouping in the game is terrible. LFG is dire or anything like that. Just say you are looking for a guild group and take it from there.

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,512
    Scot said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano is wrong,  

Your right, 

Your right, 

A guild will help with the LFG issue, it is not a 100% solution, as I mentioned elsewhere it should have a active forum. You discuss the situation there and see who can help you out, even that top level guild leader will have alts he needs levelling.

But one thing, be polite, don't start going on about how grouping in the game is terrible. LFG is dire or anything like that. Just say you are looking for a guild group and take it from there.

This is how I do it. Very effective ! 

- Spam Guild first, wait two minuets 
    - Spam Rolling chat, wait two minuets (ignore the low levels trying to go)
    - Open Social panel, fill Tank and Healer first, then fill DPS 

This takes less than 10 minuets to have a full group.  

With a WELL THOUGHT OUT SOCIAL PANEL, everyone can do this !   
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 13,317
    edited May 2018
    Scot said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano is wrong,  

Your right, 

Your right, 

This is how I do it. Very effective ! 

- Spam Guild first, wait two minuets 
    - Spam Rolling chat, wait two minuets (ignore the low levels trying to go)
    - Open Social panel, fill Tank and Healer first, then fill DPS 

This takes less than 10 minuets to have a full group.  

With a WELL THOUGHT OUT SOCIAL PANEL, everyone can do this !   

Spamming your guild will make guild officers start to think should we have this guy with us? Prepare guildies in advance even if you can't do a forum post with a time and place, you can make them aware you are the sort of person always looking for a group.
    StoneRoses

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,660
    edited May 2018
    DMKano said:
    DMKano is wrong,  

Your right, 

Your right, 

Maybe it has something to do with how you guess, assume, and concider what facts are.
    • I don't associate myself with these personality traits. 0 points
    Maybe you seem like the type of person who heavily relies on others more.
    • I don't associate myself with these personality traits. 0 points
    Maybe because I still read "rolling chat."
    • Options are better than preference. 0 points
    Maybe I grouped with you one time for a run and it was the worst experience ever.
    • 0 points

Tinder/Bromance Total 0%
    So far socially this is not working!

Post edited by StoneRoses on
    Jean-Luc_Picard
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    LLL - Looking for a life

What all three basically are, but no one wants to admit it.