Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Choosing The Right Glasses For Your Gaming Lifestyle - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageChoosing The Right Glasses For Your Gaming Lifestyle - MMORPG.com

February 2018 I updated my glasses as I do regularly throughout the fifteen years I have worn prescriptions. Having tried many optic trends over the years I decided to skip the “extra benefits” offered because I had found no difference with previous pairs. Two months later, the kind folks at Sport RX generously offered the opportunity to try their BLUEdefense coated lenses. Do I tell them I’m sceptical or do I be a good sport and see if times have truly changed? I gratefully opted the latter.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KynmoreKynmore Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited April 2018
    Zenni Optical can pretty much build the same for a less, and might have more options.

my frames were $7
    1.67 High-Index Beyond UV Blue Blockers prescription lenses were $49.95
    ( +$14.00 because my prescription i stronk)

There are options for Hydrophobic or Oleophobic coatings, as well as CUSTOM ENGRAVING! on certain frames.

(actual zenni customer since 2012, actual frames i put together for gaming.

These Sports RX frames do look cool though, in that Guy-Fieri-sitting-at-a-console-playing-Halo kinda way.

[Deleted User]

Brrrflp!

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited April 2018
    I somehow thought these glasses would be rose colored. 
    maskedweaselKynmoreScotsuddenspiral

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    edited April 2018

Kynmore said:

I was looking for a pair that suit my dog walking, yoga pants and hoody gamer life lol Never touched Halo. Loads of options out there for sure but shopping online 90% of the time SportsRX have customer service I can't appreciate enough which for folks like me is worth every cent.

Thanks for the info, always good to discover what works for all.

Amathe said:

I somehow thought these glasses would be rose colored. 

Tried rose colored 10 years ago, not really my style.
    Edit: the sites quote blocks are too long sometimes, edited Kynmores quote!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    This is not a MMORPG, its some sort of glasses thing. ;)
    Grunty
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    > Filters harmful HEV blue light emitted from digital screens

I just switch monitors to warm light (5-6K color temperature) instead of usual 7-11K configuration - which result in nearly instant heavy migraines, up to vomiting. No clue how people (especially - system administrators) don't know this simple trick three+ decades later after PCs hit mass market.

Thank you for your time!

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited April 2018
    Eye exercises help a lot. Pick a point in the distance as far away as possible, try not to blink, and hold that stare for as long a count as you can. Done while walking outside for five or ten mins. a day help counter-stretch those eye muscles.

Most of us spend times focusing at a short distance for hours at a time. If near a window look out as far away as possible from time to time, or at least look away as much as possible.
    KiwiHype

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ElthiumElthium Member UncommonPosts: 88
    In Windows 10 with the Creators Update go to Settings > System > Display and you can enable night light. Here you can both schedule and choose your colour temperature.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    glass review ? really?
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I read that as classes and then got confused when I saw 'prescriptions'... alarmed me for a few seconds.
    Grunty
    Chamber of Chains

Elthium said:

In Windows 10 with the Creators Update go to Settings > System > Display and you can enable night light. Here you can both schedule and choose your colour temperature.

It is great we can change settings but I prefer glasses for when I am switching between devices including TV etc or when I go outside my house to other settings I cannot adjust.

Warlyx said:

glass review ? really?

Yes gaming peripherals extend to eye wear and these being precriptions is very important to many gamers. The short and the precise of it is - Do they work? Answer: Yes.

cheyane said:

I read that as classes and then got confused when I saw 'prescriptions'... alarmed me for a few seconds.

Lol

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Scot said:
    Right???  There's only room for TWO eyes!!!  There's nothing massive about TWO!
    Scot

Scot said:

Lol, you're awesome.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Scot said:

I said on that "other" thread something like 'well hopefully no one posts on the hardware reviews "This is not a MMORPG"...so it had to be done. :)
    MadFrenchie
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    KiwiHype said:

Scot said:

Lol, you're awesome.
    Ha, the worst part is I inevitably let myself get drawn into those debates too often, knowing it's just the spinning of wheels.

That's okay, though.  It is a discussion forum after all, and we should be able to laugh at ourselves!
    Scot