Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RUMOR: EverQuest 3 & Planetside 3 in Development According to Former Employee - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    i saw everquest 3 WOOT!!!... wtf... battle royal???
    JeffSpicolicraftseekerTacticalZombeh
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 708
    Wow...

EQ1 is ending..
    EQ2 is ending...
    and... EQ3 Battle Royale?! Wha the actual fuck. DBG has officially lost it. This company has gone down the shitter.
    JeffSpicoliArskaaainfomatz
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Iv never been able to get into the whole battle royale thing. If im going to play a shooter id rather go with something tactical and team oriented like the Rising Storm games
    dragonlee66Arskaaa
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Thunder073Thunder073 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    I think Visionary Realms should do a funding round to buyout Daybreak. If DBG is as desperate as they look, couldn't be too difficult to come up with the funding.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited May 2018
    Sovrath said:
    k61977 said:

Sovrath said:

JeroKane said:

Then they can't call it EverQuest 3. People will expect a new RPG MMO then, not a Battle Royale game.

Call it "Battle for Norrath" or "Norrath: Battle Royale" or something....hell "EverQuest: Battle Royale".

Anything but EverQuest 3.

Well, now wait a minute ...

Besides the fact that this is an unsubstantiated rumor from someone who "claims" they were an employee (I can easily see some gamer just saying this "shit" because they think it's funny) one can easily see an Everquest game that incorporates some sort of battle royale feature between the factions. Sort of like Cyrodiil in Elder Scrolls Online but "battle royale".

That doesn't eliminate the idea that a full blown MMORPG is also part of that mix.

Though, if this is true it just feels like jumping on the bandwagon and not in time because "Battle Royale" is so "now" and not a few years from now when an mmorpg could even be released.

I agree with JeroKane. If you are going to call something a part 3 then it needs to follow the other games as an RPG. I know all of this is just hot air because daybreak is most likely going to disappear in a couple months from now which will kill off a lot of major IP's unless they are sold. A battle royal is in no way shape or form an RPG, it is a pvp centered lobby game at best.
    Yeah but this is neither here nor there simply because the IP belongs to someone else.

If they want to create an rpg and incorporate a themed tetris type game as part of it, they will.

Just becuase players think it should be x, y and z doesn't mean it will be.

Like all the Elder Scrolls players who say Elder Scrolls online isn't an Elder Scrolls game. Well, it is whether people like it or not.
    They can, so long as they accept it'll likely lead to more folks losing their jobs when it falls completely flat, which it almost 100% certainly will.  Specifically when the post appears to be schitzophrenic; they want to include BR elements, but they're trying to compete with Pantheon.  Wanna guess what the poll results for "should we include BR?" might be if it were posted on the Pantheon backer forums?  I'd put a rather large sum of my own money on less than 20% in favor.  It pays to know the audience you're trying to cater to.  Daybreak doesn't seem to understand this, and they've been sliding downhill as a result.  They wanna compete with Pantheon for a small percentage of what is already a small percentage of the market?  Genius!

Not every franchise needs or should jump on a bandwagon.

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Okay, first thing first, who was the ex DBG employee? Former cleaning guy from DBG can also be called "ex DBG employee."

You don't have to know this EQ + BR bullshit to realize that DBG was severely lack of resource (as in money, talented people and idea) all this time.
    JamesGoblin

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129
    edited May 2018
    ..took my money and sell out SoE did for Landmark and "alpha/beta" EQ next.

..my family was looking forward to EQ next.

..I do not post often, but when I do, it is from experience.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    lahnmir said:
    Awesome! So they will kill off those old and sad EQ games, or better, put them in maintenance mode to slowly rot away, and they will infuse the new EQ with lots of battle royale gameplay. This must be EXACTLY the news all EQ fans have been waiting for.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I'm not an expert but I sense a hint of sarcasm :|

lahnmircraftseekerMrMelGibson
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    lahnmir said:
    Awesome! So they will kill off those old and sad EQ games, or better, put them in maintenance mode to slowly rot away, and they will infuse the new EQ with lots of battle royale gameplay. This must be EXACTLY the news all EQ fans have been waiting for.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I'm not an expert but I sense a hint of sarcasm :|

The private servers will be up and running for both titles less than a year after the sunsets.  Which, in the end, is probably the best move possible for the playerbases if DBG isn't going to provide more content.

• frangoazulfrangoazul Member UncommonPosts: 31
    edited May 2018
    i vote for ban OP for fake news 9/10
    DvoraMrMelGibson
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    SBFord said:
    Totally agree with all the BR nonsense this "rumored" development dish seems to indicate. The only way they could conceivably do it in an MMO like EQ3 would be to somehow tailor aspects of battle royale into GvG or multi-faction territory control with "disputed lands". Maybe? 

Either way, seems to lack credibility....though who'd have figured 2 years ago that BR would have ever taken off as it has? :D Someone's got to iterate on battle royale so...maybe? :D
    EQN was going to be heavy into PvP. Their Storybricks story telling would have you picking factions in each map, siding with NPCs. Players could fight other players siding with NPCs on the other side of what you had picked. DB talked about how this would be the best kind of PvP, one that would get players diving into a side of a war because they were invested in the outcome. This part of the rumor runs most true to me.
    edited May 2018
    Nanfoodle said:
    SBFord said:
    Totally agree with all the BR nonsense this "rumored" development dish seems to indicate. The only way they could conceivably do it in an MMO like EQ3 would be to somehow tailor aspects of battle royale into GvG or multi-faction territory control with "disputed lands". Maybe? 

Either way, seems to lack credibility....though who'd have figured 2 years ago that BR would have ever taken off as it has? :D Someone's got to iterate on battle royale so...maybe? :D
    EQN was going to be heavy into PvP. Their Storybricks story telling would have you picking factions in each map, siding with NPCs. Players could fight other players siding with NPCs on the other side of what you had picked. DB talked about how this would be the best kind of PvP, one that would get players diving into a side of a war because they were invested in the outcome. This part of the rumor runs most true to me.
    Still doesn't fit with BR, though.  BR doesn't traditionally mean large sides battling it out; it means numerous small squads (at most a handful of players per team) in a free for all.

If you mean battles where players load into the map and are divided into sides..  That's not BR.  That's the same battlegrounds we've seen since Warsong Gulch was added to WoW.
    [Deleted User]PhryMrMelGibson

edited May 2018
    Nanfoodle said:
    SBFord said:

Still doesn't fit with BR, though.  BR doesn't traditionally mean large sides battling it out; it means numerous small squads (at most a handful of players per team) in a free for all.

If you mean battles where players load into the map and are divided into sides..  That's not BR.  That's the same battlegrounds we've seen since Warsong Gulch was added to WoW.
    And thats what SB was heading towards. Maps at first would be small encounters and as the map progressed the encounters would get larger bringing in more players till the event turned into a large one requiring many players (Like a giant dragon, raid like level). An all out war, unless one side didnt show up lol. 

EDIT: The point is, if thats DB vision for EQN. A BR for EQ3 would not shock me. SoE and now DB have earned allot of money on PvP of all kinds. IP of EQ has a huge draw. Spit balling a PvP EQ3 does not shock me. Everyone is making BR games, they are huge money.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Mendel said:
    Sovrath said:
    If they want to create an rpg and incorporate a themed tetris type game as part of it, they will.

Themed Tetris-style game?  Embedded in an RPG?  Are you suggesting /gems2?

I, um, er, am I? NO MORE QUESTIONS! (quickly tries runs out of room, hits door, lies on floor unconscious ...)
    MrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    DMKano said:
    Whoever leaked is in serious breach of nda and is subject to a lawsuit. I hope Daybreak goes after them. The terms of strict non disclosure even after employee is terminated are there on the paperwork they signed.

i mean throwing morsels of insider info is one thing, but this is crossing the line into criminal territory, why?.. our of anger for losing their job.

what a shameful display

Good thing they werent aware of all the projects and potential publishing deals as that would be harmful to companies outside DBG

No animals were harmed in the making of this story.

;)

Phry[Deleted User]ConstantineMerusMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Pump and dump.

PhryMadFrenchieMrMelGibson
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • InebriatedSkunkInebriatedSkunk Member UncommonPosts: 66
    >planetside 3 and eq 3 battle royale
    It's May 1st, not April...
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2018
    Even if someone can come up with the slightly ounce of logic behind EQ3 BR working or whatever, there's still the last part: "As direct competition for Pantheon." That part makes the whole thing bogus in itself or a massive troll to McQuaid telling him that EQ is nothing more than a mmo joke to them. I mean EQ3 BR could've easily been done due to Landmarks assets which were going to be used for EQN anyway, but it just sounds dumb tbh.
    Daranar
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Honestly, I don’t believe a word of it. 
    Same here, sounds like a load of shite.
    KyleranPhry[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    Is there any other company/studio to do with gaming that has more rumours than Daybreak?
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Battle Royale... I'm beginning to hate that line.
    ArskaaaKyleraninfomatzAmatheTacticalZombeh
    Albatroes said:
    Even if someone can come up with the slightly ounce of logic behind EQ3 BR working or whatever, there's still the last part: "As direct competition for Pantheon." That part makes the whole thing bogus in itself or a massive troll to McQuaid telling him that EQ is nothing more than a mmo joke to them. I mean EQ3 BR could've easily been done due to Landmarks assets which were going to be used for EQN anyway, but it just sounds dumb tbh.
    Because SoE/DB have made lots of sense over the past few years? Taking games that are doing well and splitting them into 2 games that now limp along or are dead. Made 2 games called EQN and scrapped them both? When making a new EQ game, didnt take into account any of the fans feedback on the type of new game they were looking for? Sounding dumb is par for the course. 
  • GaeluianGaeluian Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Though I'm all for an EQ3, if there were any truth to these rumors, DBG would be more open about their development to try to hype up these trademarks.
  • kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    You have reached your limit of 2 quests today. Would you like to pay 1000 super duper coins to unlock a half of a quest?
    BruceYeeMrMelGibson

SNIP