Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking Hacking / Cheating Seriously - Over a Dozen Arrested in China - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageTaking Hacking / Cheating Seriously - Over a Dozen Arrested in China - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - MMORPG.com

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds News - The PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Steam page has been updated with a post to review recent anti-cheat measures and the results they have produced thus far. PUBG Corp has been working in concert with Chinese law enforcement agencies to enforce recent legislation that prohibits "developing and selling hacking/cheating programs". On April 25th, fifteen suspects were arrested for using "malicious code, including Trojan horse software".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited April 2018
    Awesome, I wish the U.S took hacking seriously, but only when it's proven, and if a player is actually innocent compensation to be paid too.

Great to see cracking down on illegal hacking hopefully gold sellers gone from all games like Aion too, like I don't mind legitimate players who choose to sell goods I think Laws should protect users for selling (Their Time) in online games, but Laws should be taken against programs that automate game-play or other forums of cheating... To me I see online gaming and trade like a Brothel they allow selling of adult entertainment to patrons, so selling the time a person choose to play over an online game to group with others, or harvest resources without use of cheats should be 100% legal in my eyes, because you're not selling property that belongs to someone else just 1 hour of your RL time for example.
    SignexMrMelGibson
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Hackers/cheaters are scum
    MrMelGibson

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited April 2018
    Should go to jail or at least fined heftily for using trojan ridden software and malicious code. The people who make these codes know very well what they are doing infiltrating other people's computers and infecting it.
    MrMelGibson

• mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305
    Say what you will about china, but sometimes they get it right, there is no excuse this type of policy has not been implemented in the NA and EU
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    They should be grateful for not being executed on streets for their major crime of messing with games maintained by Communist party of China (via puppet "oligarchs").

Thank you for your time!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    mmrv said:
    Say what you will about china, but sometimes they get it right, there is no excuse this type of policy has not been implemented in the NA and EU
    Too busy with the war on drugs here in the US, oh and protecting our schools and businesses from rogue shooters.

:(

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    They need to be doing that in NA as well. It's so much more than just "upsetting the other players". When a game is loaded with cheaters, legit people quit / complain via bad press etc. Companies lose a lot of money because of these scumbags.
    MrMelGibson
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    You guys realize don't you, that this isn't about going after cheaters but instead it's about going after those who make and sell cheat programs?

And the motivation is not so much that they do that as it is that over the past 5 years or so they have been getting progressively more and more brazen about how they advertise and sell the cheats openly on the web.

The cheaters themselves will be banned if caught just like always. No need to worry about being executed by the govt for doing that yet... although it would be nice :)
    MrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Every FPS or DOTA I ever played was rampant with cheaters
  • DecardCainDecardCain Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I wonder if it's real in other countries.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited April 2018
    Every FPS or DOTA I ever played was rampant with cheaters
    I've seen a grand total of one obvious cheater (a speedhacking Odin in Smite's beta) in thousands of matches between various mobas. That leaves out the possibility of less obvious cheats (like map hacks which are difficult to distinguish from just having great map awareness), but I have yet to see cheating as a problem in mobas, much less rampant.
    MrMelGibson
  • CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    kind of an orwellian measure... when do we start executing them? The hell...
    this opens up a terrible precedent. its a video game, just a video game calm down. And people go "yea nice!!!", you have no idea the door thats slowly opening there.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    WoW has been taking the makers of cheat programs to court for years. In most countries it's a civil matter, perhaps this will open the doors for legislation furthered by gambling and loot boxes.

I'd rather see laws focus on swatting and consumer financial database cracks.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    kind of an orwellian measure... when do we start executing them? The hell...
    this opens up a terrible precedent. its a video game, just a video game calm down. And people go "yea nice!!!", you have no idea the door thats slowly opening there.
    They did a criminal offense according to the law of their counry - they will be punished.

If you see identifying and punishing them as Orwellian surveilance then you have slight paranoid tendencies.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Iselin said:
    You guys realize don't you, that this isn't about going after cheaters but instead it's about going after those who make and sell cheat programs?

And the motivation is not so much that they do that as it is that over the past 5 years or so they have been getting progressively more and more brazen about how they advertise and sell the cheats openly on the web.

The cheaters themselves will be banned if caught just like always. No need to worry about being executed by the govt for doing that yet... although it would be nice :)
    I suspect the local gov't officials are very interested in tracking down sources of perhaps unreported income as well. 

My guess is hack program creators aren't always forthright with the tax man.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:

I suspect the local gov't officials are very interested in tracking down sources of perhaps unreported income as well. 

My guess is hack program creators aren't always forthright with the tax man.

Yeah maybe that too but that cop with the speed trap might just let you speed by if he's busy eating a doughnut but he'll chase you down if you also honk your horn and give him the finger as you drive by :)
    Kyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED