Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG, LFD, LFR

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

LFG divided many mmorpg players..... It needs to be fixed !
    What's the reliable data source about LFG (we are specifically talking about "looking for group") that permits you to make such a hasty conclusion? Please, share with us.
    Its possible that there is some correlation between players blocking other players who spam group advertisements and players using LFG tools. Thing is, which is more conducive to a social environment? spamming group invites isn't it obviously as it just annoys other players if not ending up with the person who spams the group invites ending up being on numerous other players blocked list, while some might say that LFG/LFD/LFR tools etc. divide the community, i have yet to see any evidence that this is even remotely true, if anything its the opposite as it enables players to make contact with others that they might otherwise be unable to achieve unaided, It gives players more choices, not less. ;)
    [Deleted User]
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited April 2018

What's the reliable data source about LFG (we are specifically talking about "looking for group") that permits you to make such a hasty conclusion? Please, share with us.

First show me "real data" on anything mmorpg ??  

This is the random cop-out here !!!!.....And is a shit catch all, on anything.  

Open your eyes and read testimonial after testimonial here.  If you can't get facts from 50% to 50%  likes and dislikes from so many topics that state this over and over again, then you have one hell of a forgetter, or ignore what you don't like !  

On a side note: 
    You never responded to a data poll conducted here about players are not happy with current mmorpg's.... So here it is again. see below :)

How are things: 
    1  Yes, better than ever 19.64% 
    2  Yes, but not as good 17.86% 
    3  Maybe 1.79% 
    4  No, but some in development 16.09%
    5  No, but absolutely nothing like before 44.64%  

Ok, now for some math: 

4 and 5 = 60.73% 
    2, 4 and 5 = 78.59% 
    3 doesn't seem to count  

That's 60.73 or 78.59% say "not good", depending on how you would like to view the results ! 

Explain this !

First show me "real data" on anything mmorpg ??  

This is the random cop-out here !!!!.....And is a shit catch all, on anything.  

Open your eyes and read testimonial after testimonial here.  If you can't get facts from 50% to 50%  likes and dislikes from so many topics that state this over and over again, then you have one hell of a forgetter, or ignore what you don't like !  

On a side note: 
    You never responded to a data poll conducted here about players are not happy with current mmorpg's.... So here it is again. see below :)

How are things: 
    1  Yes, better than ever 19.64% 
    2  Yes, but not as good 17.86% 
    3  Maybe 1.79% 
    4  No, but some in development 16.09%
    5  No, but absolutely nothing like before 44.64%  

Ok, now for some math: 

4 and 5 = 60.73% 
    2, 4 and 5 = 78.59% 
    3 doesn't seem to count  

That's 60.73 or 78.59% say "not good", depending on how you would like to view the results ! 

Explain this !
    Largely irrelevant tbh, your talking about the opinions of a select few rather than a sample size from a particular game that employs those features. If you have access to data from Blizzard however don't hesitate to share it  ;)
    [Deleted User]NephethStoneRoses
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    To surmise the OP...

MMOs have gone downhill ever since the player base refused to join a guild.

Because that is what spamming in chat, queuing for dungeons, et al is essentially all about... players choosing to play solo rather than in a guild.  Those glory days you speak of are when guilds were king, not today when guilds are basically a joke.

I say joke because you have guilds with a population of over 200 with only 5 players ever actively playing in them.  These are not guilds, these are toon storage facilities.

And do not use modern WoW as an example for anything.  You are continuously "instanced" in that game.  You think you are out in the open world on your server, but you are not, you are instanced with others to make it appear you are on a more populated server.  You queue for anything and you think it will be with other players from your server.  No again.  People bitch about loading screens... you're forever being ported to places in that game to make it appear populated.

Instead of doing a /who of how many players there are online on your realm or in some damn city, try doing a /who of the largest guilds on your server.  If you find more than 5 out of 200 or more I will laugh.  Very few people play WoW when it isn't a content release.  Very few.  You just think because it makes a mint in subscriptions that it somehow has a large player base.  It really doesn't.  It just makes a lot of money off those few that do play.

Try something rich... try finding enough real life friends who want to play together at the same time instead of relying on complete strangers all the time.  If you don't want to do that, accept the fact that you are the wall flower expecting to be asked for a dance.  The game doesn't revolve around you.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I really dislike group finder tools in MMOs and have been against them from the start, but also agree with DMKano that they were a necessary response to two issues - poor game design and player expectations. So, lets look at those two issues. 

Player Expectations
    Look at your standard themepark. It's nearly 100% solo until endgame. So, right from the start, your players are not expecting to be social, the game is conditioning everyone to be able to do everything solo. Then when the playerbase does encounter something that needs a group, they don't really know how to deal with it. They're not used to asking for help from others (manually forming a group) and they probably don't know their roles either, so group content becomes an insurmountable barrier. A lot of people quit or reroll when they hit these barriers. 

Poor Game Design
    I always come back to it, but vertical progression and linear stories are a killer. Both serve to segregate the community into tiny chunks, making finding the appropriate people to group up with even harder. The only time it becomes easier is if you're leveling up "with the pack" or you've reached endgame. 

I mean, just think about it. 10,000 people on your server, 2,000 online when you are, spread out over 50 levels. 1000 are at endgame, so you only have 1000 spread over 49 levels. So, there may only be 20-30 people in the right level/power range as you, but only 10 who want to group up, only 5 of the right classes, but actually only 2 have the time to see it through......

It sucks. It's a flaw in almost all MMOs. It is why leveling content has become almost entirely solo, because the rest of the game's design makes it so hard to find groups that putting in group content becomes a barrier that causes people to quit. 

So, group finder tools are the answer. With just a couple of clicks, you can join a queue for content you want to do and then sit back and hope for the best. There is no better solution without dramatically changing the design of the game and such a dramatic change is not something you can really do with a live game, it would be a massive bait-and-switch to those who enjoy it already. You need to design your MMO from the ground up to be much more social and supportive of multiplayer features. 

I would like to say something about Poor Game Design, 

Vertical progression isn't too bad, however fast leveling is. Games are made much much smaller, in order to achieve this you spend less time leveling. 

Example: 
    Two quest per level now
    Remember when it was two days ? 
    Five levels took three weeks ? 
    You could make a lot more friends if everyone leveled slower. 
    (Side note) You out level crafting making it worthless. 

100% solo is a different issue, I agree with everything you say, we can go on and on about this topic too !
    I still view vertical progression as a fundamental problem when designing MMOs. 

This topic is all about bringing people together, specifically about whether manually getting together is better than automated tools. 

If you want to bring people together, you need to remove as many barriers as possible. Power gaps are a massive barrier. Being on different quests is a massive barrier. Combined, they result in dividing up the community into really small chunks, making coming together really challenging. 

Speed isn't an issue in my opinion. With a slower leveling speed, you end up in the same small segment as someone else for longer, increasing the amount of contact you have with them (assuming you are socially minded...) and thus increasing the chance of forming a bond. But, the issues of segregation remain and the longer leveling time means it takes even longer to reach endgame and the largest, most social segment of them all. I would rather have 1 month of having problems finding groups whilst leveling, followed by the rest of my time being properly social and group orientated at endgame, instead of having 6 months of marginally better leveling, during which time I'd probably quit. 

Also, in the old days when leveling was slow, leveling didn't happen so much due to quests but rather due to mob grinding, so one of the major barriers to forming groups didn't exist (or was much less important). 
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    These tools are exactly why I no longer play MMORPGS.   MMORPGS must have a social element to them and no its no longer in guilds.   No this is not about player choice, its about trying to streamline putting players on a treadmills.    This is why I am going to play Classic WOW and Ashes, because you are FORCED to be social or go play another game.   I dont care how much you cry that you dont have time, you just need to learn time management and to communicate with other people.   Text, Discord and other tools can resolve the issue with grouping.   

All you people who think LFD tools are needed, why do you think MMORPGS stagnated?  They stagnated right after the introduction of LFD and got worse with LFR.   Keep defending it, but the proof is out there.   People like me who played MMORPGS since 1998 dont play anymore because of these tools and I know hundreds of players that are the same.  
  • MidPrincessMidPrincess Member UncommonPosts: 89
    I just always felt that group finders and their ilk are just like most other things: you don't have to use them. Personally, I would rather they exist in a game and at least have the option of utilizing them. *Shrug* Sure, I like my static groups, when I can use 'em. But that's not always possible, and I have actually met some really cool people using various group finding tools across countless games. Do some folks become dependent on them? Sure, but that's to be expected. I certainly don't see how they hurt anything.
    Phry
    Phry said:

Its possible that there is some correlation between players blocking other players who spam group advertisements and players using LFG tools. Thing is, which is more conducive to a social environment? spamming group invites isn't it obviously as it just annoys other players if not ending up with the person who spams the group invites ending up being on numerous other players blocked list, while some might say that LFG/LFD/LFR tools etc. divide the community, i have yet to see any evidence that this is even remotely true, if anything its the opposite as it enables players to make contact with others that they might otherwise be unable to achieve unaided, It gives players more choices, not less. ;)
    Your analysis is quite good, and my problem is the OP is spewing bullshit out of the wrong hole again, as he always does. His way of thinking is quite simple, actually:

"I hate this feature in a game, so I will post about it and make up some kind of silent, invisible majority that agrees with me".

In this case, we need to make a very clear difference between a LFG tool which exists in MMORPGs for ages and very few ever had a problem with, and automated multi-server LFD/LFR tools. But even then, I would NOT be bold enough to claim that people disliking those are any kind of majority. It pains me, but I'm afraid the vast majority actually likes those instant teleport fast food gaming features.
    Jean-Luc,

You are wrong.   Just look at how many people no longer play MMORPGs because of tools like LFD/LFR and no longer want these tools in MMORPGS.   I say that YEA people that are not MMORPGS players like many people who play WOW today want these tools, but they dont truly want to play an MMORPG.  They want to play a Lobby based game which is what WOW is today.   You click a button queue up and sit in town until that queue poops.   A True MMORPG gamer does not need these tools.   They make friends, they use a friends list, they text people to organize runs before hand.    The ONLY reason why LFD/LFR is needed today is because the games have become treadmills.    Compare Vanilla WOW to Retail WOW and you can see how content is done at a very high rate today compared to then.   That is the only reason why LFD/R is needed.

This is exactly why MMORPGS stagnated.   Games like Ashes of Creation and Pantheon will show that you dont need automated group finding tools when all is said and done.   No they will not have the subscriptions that WOW has, however they will be very stable and popular games still.   WOW is right now nothing more than a treadmill, it puts you on the treadmill until you burn out then you get off and they take the next person and put them on their.  
    Nepheth
    danwest58 said:
    These tools are exactly why I no longer play MMORPGS.   MMORPGS must have a social element to them and no its no longer in guilds.   No this is not about player choice, its about trying to streamline putting players on a treadmills.    This is why I am going to play Classic WOW and Ashes, because you are FORCED to be social or go play another game.   I dont care how much you cry that you dont have time, you just need to learn time management and to communicate with other people.   Text, Discord and other tools can resolve the issue with grouping.   

All you people who think LFD tools are needed, why do you think MMORPGS stagnated?  They stagnated right after the introduction of LFD and got worse with LFR.   Keep defending it, but the proof is out there.   People like me who played MMORPGS since 1998 dont play anymore because of these tools and I know hundreds of players that are the same.  
    False equivalency, that MMO's are stagnating is a questionable statement in of itself, personally i think they are broadening in scope so players are spread thinner as the playerbase while it has increased in size, is now spread over a vastly increased number of games.
    But in the case of individual games, rather than being the tools that create stagnation, its entirely probable that the LFD/LFG tools instead helped slow down the decline of those games, i think its important to remember that no matter how well made a game is or how popular it may be initially, its very hard to keep that game relevant for long periods of time, the decline of a game is inevitable which is why constant injection of content and/or creating tools to help players connect in a dwindling playerbase is a necessity. :/
    Kyleran
    danwest58 said:
    This is why I am going to play Classic WOW <...> because you are FORCED to be social or go play another game. 
    Hum, no, you aren't, at least not in WoW. Even vanilla WoW was very solo friendly, and you definitely didn't need to kiss some guild leader's hairy bottom to get anywhere if you didn't want to.

By the way, being "social" has NEVER been about bashing some elite mobs in a raid with 39 other people. It's about communicating, in a way or another, with other players. And NOTHING stops anyone from doing that in any game, be it UO 20 years ago or modern MMORPGs. If they don't do it, the problem isn't with the games... it's about the lack of willingness of players to socialize.
    Sorry but no its not about willingness for the player base to socialize.   They either FIT into the game or they dont period.   Its like the person who wants to play on a Hockey team but does not want to play with other people.   They Dont belong playing hockey if they dont want to play with other people.  While YES WOW was solo friendly game, many players were in guilds, they looked for active guilds, they joined dungeon runs, they had long friends listed.   They played in a very social environment and if you dont believe me just look at why people who wanted vanilla WOW Servers ask for them.  The SOCIAL aspect is overwhelmingly what they talk about because you were forced to make friends or there was content that you could not do.   

And BTW yes LFD/R does stop people from being social.  You know why?   When I was back in FFXIV 3 years ago I had my FC telling me to either stop asking for people to make a group in the FC or leave the FC.  You know what.  I left, then next FC I joined no one ever grouped, and so on.  I went through 15 FCs on my server and NOT 1 was a social environment and they all told you just to queue up.   I am a person that always had friends in MMORPGS and made friends.   I never ever needed automated tools.  Yet I am being told to go play by myself.   Now that changed with Grievance but no longer is there a social environment outside maybe a handful of guilds per game.  You are wrong SIR.  You just think choice is great.

Just like if you had 50 retail stores all within 1 mile of each other, choice is great until you realize that it stagnates the entire industry.   Just look at why MMORPGS are stagnate.
    Phry said:

Your analysis is quite good, and my problem is the OP is spewing bullshit out of the wrong hole again, as he always does. His way of thinking is quite simple, actually:

"I hate this feature in a game, so I will post about it and make up some kind of silent, invisible majority that agrees with me".

In this case, we need to make a very clear difference between a LFG tool which exists in MMORPGs for ages and very few ever had a problem with, and automated multi-server LFD/LFR tools. But even then, I would NOT be bold enough to claim that people disliking those are any kind of majority. It pains me, but I'm afraid the vast majority actually likes those instant teleport fast food gaming features.

Talking about bullshit, I would say in reverse, back at ya ! 

Your ignoring 50% saying they don't like LFG, in this post and MANY OTHERS. 

Your extremely good at ignoring stuff,  

By the way You still never answered about the happy poll, what's up with that ?  Infact the poll got much more sided towards not happy since I added the findings a week ago !    

Phry said:
    danwest58 said:

False equivalency, that MMO's are stagnating is a questionable statement in of itself, personally i think they are broadening in scope so players are spread thinner as the playerbase while it has increased in size, is now spread over a vastly increased number of games.
    But in the case of individual games, rather than being the tools that create stagnation, its entirely probable that the LFD/LFG tools instead helped slow down the decline of those games, i think its important to remember that no matter how well made a game is or how popular it may be initially, its very hard to keep that game relevant for long periods of time, the decline of a game is inevitable which is why constant injection of content and/or creating tools to help players connect in a dwindling playerbase is a necessity. :/
    MMORPG Populations will ALWAYS decline no matter what.    That does not mean you need LFD tools to help players keep playing content.   The SIMPLE answer is to merge servers.   Just look at WOW, they still have what 200 servers?   Do they need 200 servers?  No Merge the dam servers, they had servers with 1000 people on them during WOTLK did they need to be around?  No.

No its not hard to keep games relevant for long periods of time.   This only happened because of the WOW effect.  Every one and their brother wanted a pie of the WOW pie.   While YES choice is good, but its like having 50 Retail stores in 1 mile.   It kills real choice.    MMORPGS would have been better had we only seen a 4th of all the MMORPGS come out in the last 15 years that we seen.  The population wouldnt have been spread so thin then MMORPGS wouldnt be a single player game.   This is EXACTLY why MMORPGS overall are stagnate.   
    danwest58 said:
    Phry said:

Jean-Luc,

You are wrong.   Just look at how many people no longer play MMORPGs because of tools like LFD/LFR and no longer want these tools in MMORPGS.   I say that YEA people that are not MMORPGS players like many people who play WOW today want these tools, but they dont truly want to play an MMORPG.  They want to play a Lobby based game which is what WOW is today.   You click a button queue up and sit in town until that queue poops.   A True MMORPG gamer does not need these tools.   They make friends, they use a friends list, they text people to organize runs before hand.    The ONLY reason why LFD/LFR is needed today is because the games have become treadmills.    Compare Vanilla WOW to Retail WOW and you can see how content is done at a very high rate today compared to then.   That is the only reason why LFD/R is needed.

This is exactly why MMORPGS stagnated.   Games like Ashes of Creation and Pantheon will show that you dont need automated group finding tools when all is said and done.   No they will not have the subscriptions that WOW has, however they will be very stable and popular games still.   WOW is right now nothing more than a treadmill, it puts you on the treadmill until you burn out then you get off and they take the next person and put them on their.  
    Hey, relax, I never said I liked those "tools". But one has to be realistic.
    Unlike some here, I don't make imaginary friends. And yeah, people like those features we do not like, so developers keep on implementing them.

And MMORPGs having stagnated is only your opinion. I actually find it quite amusing that you're talking about stagnation, and then mention two games which seem to aim at recreating something that existed 15+ years ago.

It's also amusing that you say "the games have become treadmills". There have been very few games with utterly horrible treadmills like you had in the old big three, UO, AC1 and EQ. Games have actually become much less of a treadmill than back then.

You have many innovating games that have been released theses last years, and they keep on coming. Stagnation would have been to stick with EQ. Those new games don't do that. They evolve. I personally rather have games like GW2 or ESO than the 10th clone of EQ or WoW.

What I mean by Stagnation is you have no more AAA MMORPGS coming because publishers know right now that there is no money there anymore.   You have to be B2P or F2P to make any money.  

This is because the market is saturated with the same games.  While I agree with you about the WOW clones.  I also say that LFD is not needed.  How is it that I worked 60 horus a week and took 8 credit hours of classes doing 20+ hours of homework a week during Vanilla and still managed to clear MC?   Its because I made friends, I didnt need tools to group.   
    danwest58 said:
    Phry said:
    danwest58 said:

MMORPG Populations will ALWAYS decline no matter what.    That does not mean you need LFD tools to help players keep playing content.   The SIMPLE answer is to merge servers.   Just look at WOW, they still have what 200 servers?   Do they need 200 servers?  No Merge the dam servers, they had servers with 1000 people on them during WOTLK did they need to be around?  No.

No its not hard to keep games relevant for long periods of time.   This only happened because of the WOW effect.  Every one and their brother wanted a pie of the WOW pie.   While YES choice is good, but its like having 50 Retail stores in 1 mile.   It kills real choice.    MMORPGS would have been better had we only seen a 4th of all the MMORPGS come out in the last 15 years that we seen.  The population wouldnt have been spread so thin then MMORPGS wouldnt be a single player game.   This is EXACTLY why MMORPGS overall are stagnate.   
    WoW did merge those servers, though they did it in a fairly innovative way, which is why although you have a character on a particular server, you frequently encounter players from 3 or 4 other servers, it saved on having to have people rename their characters which happens a lot in server merges. This, along with LFD/LFR/LFG or whatever you prefer to call them, were just measures introduced to help players. 
    As for game populations becoming so thin, or at least spread out, that was always inevitable once MMO's became more mainstream as a form of gaming, perhaps the real issue here isn't that games are stagnating, or even LFD/LFG etc. but that you would rather there wasn't so many MMO's to choose from in the first place? too much choice is no choice? thats an interesting argument in of itself, perhaps the issue you have is more that you see it as being that there are too many of the wrong types of MMOs out there that you perceive to be stealing away the players you would rather stick with whatever game you have a preference for?
    Too much choice doesn't make for a lack of choice but enables players to make the wrong choice perhaps?  :p
    [Deleted User]
    DMKano said:
    DMKano is wrong,  
    You don't loose 50% your customer's because an automobile manufacture decides to install a faulty water pump in their vehicles........ You fix the water pump and have 100% of your customer's !!!!!  

This is a flawed analogy.

Majority hates long waiting periods to get organized - example hour+ it took to get raids "started" - this is simply due to the fact that there is nothing fun about waiting around for an hour doing nothing. It sucks.

You can't equate this to a "faulty water pump" in a vehicle that manufacturer decides to install in 50% of their cars (since a faulty water pump will prevent cars from running - I'd say that this will result in major loss of customers - no way they regain all of them even after repairs).

But do you see how these are 2 entirely different things?

One is removing unnecessary waste of time - the other is fixing basic functionality (aka car not running at all).

Your right, 
    Infact EVERYONE hates long waiting periods to get organized. 

But LFG tools broke the games for many...... It's not a good solution if 50% don't like it.  

Their are other solutions with a SOCIAL PANEL.  I offered rough outlines on how, I'll admit, their could be better ways than I suggested.... It can be done :)   

Your right, 
    The "faulty water pump" is not the best example, but you get my point !  

Wouldn't you like to see everyone happy, after all that's the bigger point of this post.  
    Sure, it's obvious I'm on the opposite side of the 50%..... But it's still 50% no matter what side were on. 
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    DMKano said:
    DMKano is wrong,  
    You don't loose 50% your customer's because an automobile manufacture decides to install a faulty water pump in their vehicles........ You fix the water pump and have 100% of your customer's !!!!!  

Majority hates long waiting periods to get organized - example hour+ it took to get raids "started" - this is simply due to the fact that there is nothing fun about waiting around for an hour doing nothing. It sucks.

You can't equate this to a "faulty water pump" in a vehicle that manufacturer decides to install in 50% of their cars (since a faulty water pump will prevent cars from running - I'd say that this will result in major loss of customers - no way they regain all of them even after repairs).

One is removing unnecessary waste of time - the other is fixing basic functionality (aka car not running at all).

Your right, 

But LFG tools broke the games for many...... It's not a good solution if 50% don't like it.  

Their are other solutions with a SOCIAL PANEL.  I offered rough outlines on how, I'll admit, their could be better ways than I suggested.... It can be done :)   

Your right, 

Wouldn't you like to see everyone happy, after all that's the bigger point of this post.  
    Sure, it's obvious I'm on the opposite side of the 50%..... But it's still 50% no matter what side were on. 
    Link your sources that show 50% don't like it please.  I got a feeling a hell of a lot more people liked it than 50%.  Just going to throw a number out like you did and say it is probably closer to 80% that approved of it and only 20% that didn't.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    DMKano said:
    DMKano is wrong,  

Your right, 

Your right, 

Guestimating is far from presenting a solid argument!

Last time I check Chat is still available for you in 2018.

You and your friends can still wait for hours until you have the required group to venture off into the fantasy world.

Nobody is stopping you not even any of LFG, LFD, LFR.

Rift                                           Blessed                    BDO

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Sorry but Blizzard couldn't even get the AMMO slot right,i mean they basically made a f2p game design similar to asian f2p games.
    They even copied SOE with the OOC food,like wtf that is not even close to being realistic or plausible.
    OH i just ate a BigMac good thing i am out of combat or i would never know i ate the burger.

Why are there markers over npc heads,has ANYONE in a living world ever seen that EVER?
    I bet if we find life on  Jupiter ,i bet they have ! over their heads ,i just know it,yep that is where the idea came from ...sigh.
    Furthermore,this is NOT vanilla days anyhow,this is NOW and Blizzard managed to make Wow a LOT worse.
    You know how i got my first group?Standing there watching,you know the way it would really happen in real life.All my early days groups were from just being there,got asked,do you want to group,do you need this battle for the NINJA quest on and on,it's called TALKING in a living world with real players/people.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Blizzard also made two other mistakes..

Just like they did with other games ,TOO many races,it dilutes the product in each zone.
    Second mistake,a sort of altaholic design,instead of a sub class design.That again dilutes the product in each zone/racial area especially when the game gets even a few months old let alone several years old.
    Sure many people will make alts to try other classes/races but WHY not have all the classes on the same player,it is a lot more plausible than NOT doing it.

Oh your a mechanic,well then that is it,no way can you be a carpenter then.Oh we give you 3 choices,you can pick herbalism..lol,oh yes because in a real living world there is no way i could do much more beyond that difficult role.
    Sadly i can state that even my favorite game was ruined and became similar to what Blizzard did to Wow a much less desirable product and this trend is happening everywhere because devs are greedy and cutting corners on cost and ongoing development.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited May 2018
    DMKano said:
    DMKano is wrong,  

Your right, 

Your right, 

You and your friends can still wait for hours until you have the required group to venture off into the fantasy world.

I guess I'll have to say it again. 

PEOPLE DON'T READ ROLLINGG CHAT !  

Only two ways to find groups: 
    - Post in rolling chat (people don't read rolling chat) Therefore wait for hours. 
    - Use the social panel, it's fast and easy, but players are unaware of this feature. 

Here's the problem with that "good Guild"...... Say your level 24.  Your "good Guild" better have at least 50 players on at any given time if your to find 4 to 5 players willing to go including a Tank and a Healer around that level ! ....... No scratch that, 100 players !...... And they would have to be reading ROLLING CHAT but only in green.

Solution ?   LFG tool..... and piss off 50% of players, making it a lobby game. 
    Better solution ?     Make a better social panel.

I don't understand how this could be argued ? ...... it's how it is.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    DMKano said:
    DMKano is wrong,  

Your right, 

Your right, 

- Post in rolling chat (people don't read rolling chat) Therefore wait for hours. 
    - Use the social panel, it's fast and easy, but players are unaware of this feature. 

Here's the problem with that "good Guild"...... Say your level 24.  Your "good Guild" better have at least 50 players on at any given time if your to find 4 to 5 players willing to go including a Tank and a Healer around that level ! ....... No scratch that, 100 players !...... And they would have to be reading ROLLING CHAT but only in green.

A guild will help with the LFG issue, it is not a 100% solution, as I mentioned elsewhere it should have a active forum. You discuss the situation there and see who can help you out, even that top level guild leader will have alts he needs levelling.

But one thing, be polite, don't start going on about how grouping in the game is terrible. LFG is dire or anything like that. Just say you are looking for a guild group and take it from there.
    Scot said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano is wrong,  

Your right, 

Your right, 

A guild will help with the LFG issue, it is not a 100% solution, as I mentioned elsewhere it should have a active forum. You discuss the situation there and see who can help you out, even that top level guild leader will have alts he needs levelling.

But one thing, be polite, don't start going on about how grouping in the game is terrible. LFG is dire or anything like that. Just say you are looking for a guild group and take it from there.

This is how I do it. Very effective ! 

- Spam Guild first, wait two minuets 
    - Spam Rolling chat, wait two minuets (ignore the low levels trying to go)
    - Open Social panel, fill Tank and Healer first, then fill DPS 

This takes less than 10 minuets to have a full group.  

With a WELL THOUGHT OUT SOCIAL PANEL, everyone can do this !   
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited May 2018
    Scot said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano is wrong,  

Your right, 

Your right, 

This is how I do it. Very effective ! 

- Spam Guild first, wait two minuets 
    - Spam Rolling chat, wait two minuets (ignore the low levels trying to go)
    - Open Social panel, fill Tank and Healer first, then fill DPS 

This takes less than 10 minuets to have a full group.  

With a WELL THOUGHT OUT SOCIAL PANEL, everyone can do this !   

Spamming your guild will make guild officers start to think should we have this guy with us? Prepare guildies in advance even if you can't do a forum post with a time and place, you can make them aware you are the sort of person always looking for a group.
    StoneRoses
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    edited May 2018
    DMKano said:
    DMKano is wrong,  

Your right, 

Your right, 

Maybe it has something to do with how you guess, assume, and concider what facts are.
    • I don't associate myself with these personality traits. 0 points
    Maybe you seem like the type of person who heavily relies on others more.
    • I don't associate myself with these personality traits. 0 points
    Maybe because I still read "rolling chat."
    • Options are better than preference. 0 points
    Maybe I grouped with you one time for a run and it was the worst experience ever.
    • 0 points

Tinder/Bromance Total 0%
    So far socially this is not working!

Post edited by StoneRoses on
    [Deleted User]
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    LLL - Looking for a life

What all three basically are, but no one wants to admit it.