Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which one you prefer? (4 massive games coming at 2019)

13»

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Ashes of Creation

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    CODE VEIN.

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    CU
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Camelot Unchained

..Cake..

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited April 2018
    Crowfall and Chronicles of Elyria are both games I have somewhat of an eye on. Crowfall is my 2nd most hopeful title for producing something I will really enjoy. CoE is the lowest game on my radar list. I haven't put any money into it at all, but I plan to try it upon release if I'm not 100% content with the game I'm playing by that point.

Ashes of Creation I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. The main developer's zerg guild "The White Order" is already recruiting for that game. That man and that guild couldn't be trusted in ArchAge, I am certainly not going to to trust them when he's the lead dev of the game he's playing.
    JamesGoblinYashaX
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Ashes of Creation for me.  No its not going to be the WOW Raid treadmill game.  Its going to be more open world Sandbox type of game with a focus on PVP.  
  • badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
    @cameltosis that was really nice explanation but in all 3 games coe cu crowfall all of them are mainly pvp game where we do big war and siege another player structure and we can do crafting building farming and other than that there is nothing much to do except ashes of creation where there is some same repetative dungeon and bosses  are there which most pvpers wont even touch
  • 45074507 Member UncommonPosts: 351
    badermal said:
    @4507 yes crowfall seems it fun only for few months and why do you prefer aoc than coe and cu can you explain too? : ) 
    Having listened to what the developers are trying to do with AoC, it seems like that one is going to be most suitable to my playstyle. CU might be fun, but since I prefer PvE to PvP and CU is almost entirely PvP, it seems like it will be less suitable to my playstyle. CoE I won't even try because they've already gone blatant P2W before entering alpha.
  • RumblerBRumblerB Member UncommonPosts: 6
    As a PvP player I'm looking at Camelot, Crowfall, and Ashes.

CU looks the most promising to me. I like the way they are approaching the game with a custom built engine focused on handling massive player battles. They also seem to have a reasonable scope given their budget. Marc Jacobs has been building RvR games for over 15 years now, and I just hope the many failures of Warhammer Online taught him some valuable lessons.

I also like the pure-PvP focus of CU, with no instancing and a progression system that is entirely based on PvP combat (for non-crafters). My favorite thing to do in MMOs is roaming open world PvP, but that has never been a viable progression option in the MMOs I have played. I have always just accepted that and spent most of my time in MMOs grinding PvE or instanced PvP just to keep my character powerful for "the fun stuff" in open world PvP. The concept of optimal progression coming from roaming around the world and PvPing in a group sounds very appealing to me.

Crowfall is next on my list. I don't really have high hopes for it, but it will probably be the first of these MMOs to enter a playable state, so I will play it. The concept of a "soft-launch" rubs me the wrong way, especially combined with the ability to pay extra for an advantage. MMO beta testers already have an advantage when MMOs launch just due to the information they gained from the beta, but with this soft launch you'll have that advantage plus you get to keep your pre-launch characters, which means that if you wait until the real "launch" when the game is completed, you'll be coming into a PvP game where a bunch of players are already maxed out with meta builds ready to crush you. All that aside, it looks like it has a fun combat system and some cool design choices, so I'm trying to withhold judgement until I actually play it.

Then there's Ashes of Creation, which I consider to be a "moonshot" MMO. As in, their scope seems to be massive but they're operating with nearly the same budget as the other two games. I've learned not to trust pre-launch MMOs that make such lofty promises, so I'm not really excited for this one but I will be keeping an eye on it. 
    YashaXRhoms
  • CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I've backed three games and this is the order and expectation for the game 1 through 10:

1. Pantheon. I give it an 8 for success. Taking a lot of EQ cues. I think the market is ready for a non-themepark MMORPG designed for someone over the age of 9.

2.  Camelot Unchained. I give it a 6 for success. I love realm vs realm, but lack of PvE and extremely slow development timeline have me quite worried.

3. Crowfall. I give it a 4 for success. I backed it but basically it looks like GW2 shard wars with worse graphics.  Currently trying to get a refund. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    I've backed three games and this is the order and expectation for the game 1 through 10:

1. Pantheon. I give it an 8 for success. Taking a lot of EQ cues. I think the market is ready for a non-themepark MMORPG designed for someone over the age of 9.

Market already has such a game, its called EVE.

Might as well give it a try as Pantheon's final delivery date probably will make CU look like it was speed delivered.

I'd guess you have a good 2 to 3 years still to kill.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    edited June 2018
    Crowfall has the most cartoony graphics but I am willing to put that to one side if the gameplay is there. Because my attention to games not out yet is so limited, the graphics are about the only thing I have noticed.

SotA has been a sobering early access for gamers or at least I hope so, many posters sound very excited and optimistic on this thread and I can only counsel caution. For the health of indie MMOs I am hoping they all do well, but realistically if we get one I like I will be happy.
  • CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Kyleran said:

Market already has such a game, its called EVE.

Might as well give it a try as Pantheon's final delivery date probably will make CU look like it was speed delivered.

I'd guess you have a good 2 to 3 years still to kill.

;)

Can't compare ship based avatar sci-fi vs fantasy. And I've played Eve for years, it is a shadow of its former self. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MidPrincessMidPrincess Member UncommonPosts: 89
    I'm just looking for these games to add their new B A T T L E  R O Y A L E modes!  Yeah!
    Don't forget their "online survival" modes too, that is apparently necessary now!!
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Camelot Unchained is one I'll definitely be looking at and I like what I've seen so far from Ashes. They've got some interesting ideas in Ashes, it's just a case of seeing of they can pull it off now.

I hope Ashes does pull it off, the MMO market could do with a bit of a shake up.
    edited June 2018
    There is no chances Ashes of Creation will be releasing in 2019 and if it did, it wouldn't be worth playing. They just had their kickstarter last year. It hasn't had enough time in the oven. If it comes out in 2019 it will be raw and messy beyond all belief.

Of those games Chronicles of Elyria and Crowfall looks the best and Crowfall looks most likely to deliver. CoE seems like an awesome game with incredible features but I question how much of what they have promised will make it into the game and how smoothly it will run.
    Post edited by Eldurian on
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    AoC and Crowfall. CU has potential, and CoE I'm not touching with a ten foot pole. I think a lot of people are going to be losing a good deal of money there.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

This post is so old I forgot I already replied to it. XD
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    edited June 2018
    For me it's between CU and Ashes, and really depends on the final details of how each one turns out. Edit: Assuming Pantheon is not included in this list, which I'm also looking forward to, but have some concerns about.

CU seems to be a lot more dynamic, and I love the idea of their customisable ability system, but I'm not sure if it will actually feel like a 'world' or just a series of shifting battlegrounds / zergs.

Ashes seems to be the most like a virtual ‘world’, with a good mix of PvP (with a purpose) and PvE... but still a lot of question marks over exactly how it will all turn out.

Crowfall, bleh, endless battlegrounds is not something that appeals, and with the whole time gated progression and 'soft launch' thing, it’s pretty much DOA (for me).

CoE, I'd honestly be shocked if it ever came out. I’d be even more shocked if it even remotely resembled their marketing blogs and wasn’t a completely bug-ridden mess.
  • RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    edited June 2018
    As far as the near future, I'm looking forward to the CU beta set to start at the beginning of July.  Cross your fingers that it starts on time.  I hope it sets a good example for the marks that crowdfunded MMOs should be hitting.  Among the four games in the OP, I believe CU has been in development the longest.

Crowfall looks good as well, although I am a little concerned with the soft launch pushed back to 2019, and I still don't know how I feel about the skill progression over time mechanic.  Despite the diminishing returns that come from training deep into one skill tree to get that last 2% buff, this system always bothered me in Eve Online.  The resetting realms is an interesting mechanic, and I think it will keep things fresh.  

Ashes is great in concept, but I feel we're a long, long way off from a playable game.
    JamesGoblin

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?