Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"There are no MMORPGs worth playing anymore" myth or reality?

12346»

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 6,298
    Myth for some reality for others.
    Kyleran

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,211
    cheyane said:
    ikcin said:
    Chat is not playing, also the auction house. If that is your "multiplayer" activity in BDO you play a singleplayer game. I see the games as they are, without all the visual delusion - algorithms for physics and sets of rules. My point is just objective. Do not get me wrong I enjoy the beauty of design, but I do not fall so deep into my personal delusion to stop seeing the game.
    What auction house? I am talking about trading with the wagons and NPCs going from place to place selling the goods I got my workers to make. Did you even play BDO?

You're a waste of time to talk to. Of course chatting is interaction. You have no concept of multiplayer games. You're so hung up on your ideas you have lost the the joy of interaction in games.
    Ah, you literally are talking about the singleplayer trade. And chatting is interaction, it is not a gameplay. I do not have concept, I'm just objective. And that post of yours is ignorant. Your arguments in general are what you feel or imagine about different games. As I say I play mobas now. I did not lost anything. In fact you are making a lot of aggressive presumptions about me, only because I said objectively that you like singleplayer games, and BDO is such in general. You have pretty strange behavior for a person who claims that dislikes PvP and wants to be supportive.
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 7,209
    I think you did not trade in BDO which explains why you cannot understand what I am referring to.  The prices of what you are trying to sell in the different towns depend on what other players have sold within a period of time.

So you are definitely not playing a single player game when you're trading in BDO. 

I think my aggressive presumptions are based on the way you talked about PvE players which is what I am . I also dislike games that force me to PvP so I took umbrage at many of your insulting references both here and in other threads with regards to players like me who are destroying the prospect of the type of games you want. I think you give the PvE players too much credit. Try talking to the developers if you want a change. 
    Martens: "With all due respect, madam, where are you going with this?"
    Avasarala: "Wherever I goddamn like."
    cheyane said:
    I think you did not trade in BDO which explains why you cannot understand what I am referring to.  The prices of what you are trying to sell in the different towns depend on what other players have sold within a period of time.

So you are definitely not playing a single player game when you're trading in BDO. 

I think my aggressive presumptions are based on the way you talked about PvE players which is what I am . I also dislike games that force me to PvP so I took umbrage at many of your insulting references both here and in other threads with regards to players like me who are destroying the prospect of the type of games you want. I think you give the PvE players too much credit. Try talking to the developers if you want a change. 
    I did trade in BDO. It is completely singleplayer. I do not think there are PvE players. What means PvE - player who go in MMOs to fight environment? Do not be ridiculous. There are solo players, some are aggressive and like to PK, others just dislike to play with others, some to compete, some to cooperate - they do not like it. But if you say - you dislike the PvP or the PvE, this is a nonsense. You do not destroy anything, and I do not have problem with you.
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 7,209
    What no PvE players so now you're arguing about accepted concepts. There have always been PvE players. Most developers even label their servers as PvE and PvP. 

You're in the twilight zone is it. Like I said waste of time.
    Phry
    Martens: "With all due respect, madam, where are you going with this?"
    Avasarala: "Wherever I goddamn like."
    cheyane said:
    What no PvE players so now you're arguing about accepted concepts. There have always been PvE players. Most developers even label their servers as PvE and PvP. 

There are not PvP or PvE players. You are a solo player, maybe a bit cooperative, but not much obviously. What developers do is to make servers with lower and higher risk. And most players play on the servers with lower risk, pretty rational behavior. But it depends on the game design. No one will play on PvE L2 server for example. Most people will play on PvE WoW server. And there is not need of such servers in games like GW2, ESO, and BDO, where the fight vs players is totally separated and has no consequences in the game. You repetitively claim - very rude, that talking to me is a waste of time, but you keep doing it. Every MMO game has PvP, in some of them it is a dress up competition, in some it is simulation of fighting other toons, controlled by players.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,835
    Over the last 5 years nothing i have read about or seen has changed my thoughts on the next best mmorpg.

Sadly that next best is going to be on mobile,the FfXI reboot,who knows if it turns out great or not,that depends on Nexxon a greedy mobile publisher.If Nexxon doesn't screw it up and the playable/viewable screen is doable,then it will be the only option worth investing in.

There is an extreme long shot on pantheon,everything else looks like trash.On paper COE could be doable but i see that as a long shot as well,knowing they don't really have the team or money and will be dangerously close to p2w at some point after release.I am not even sure i like the COE design anyhow.

The market right now is too easy for developers to just take NO risk with very low budget games,it is like that old saying,throw enough dirt at the wall and something might stick.I mean devs can turnover a pile of these crappy games in hopes one strikes it rich,while on the flip side the cannot afford to fail if a high budget game fails.

So this is why we keep getting only the established vets attemtping a mmorpg and with that you get SAME OLD nothing new and creative.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,663
    edited April 2018
    It all comes down to what you are looking for...If you want more of the same then yes theres alot of that.....If you're looking for a brand new sandbox PVE world to explore that game may never exist again.
    Kyleran
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 1,947
    "Chasing the dragon" is what the OP is talking about but that fades over time for some. It took me about 7 years. There are more game options right now then there have ever been in the history of gaming so that's one thing on your side in your search. If you really enjoy gaming my suggestion is to play all kinds of games and find parts of those games you really enjoy and you may be surprised to realize that what you find may not even be in a MMO. Find that first time feeling I could not, but I did find some similar experiences of aspects I loved in my first game spread across many.
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,944
    I lost a lot of my good friends that I played Everquest, AO, WoW, LotRO, AoC, FFXI, CoX so games have lost some of its appeal. It's who you play with more that what game you're playing I think as far as I'm concerned.

I think many of us find we may not like the people we are playing with and that diminishes the fun one might find in a game.
    Kyleran

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    ikcin said:
    cheyane said:

There are not PvP or PvE players. You are a solo player, maybe a bit cooperative, but not much obviously. What developers do is to make servers with lower and higher risk. And most players play on the servers with lower risk, pretty rational behavior. But it depends on the game design. No one will play on PvE L2 server for example. Most people will play on PvE WoW server. And there is not need of such servers in games like GW2, ESO, and BDO, where the fight vs players is totally separated and has no consequences in the game. You repetitively claim - very rude, that talking to me is a waste of time, but you keep doing it. Every MMO game has PvP, in some of them it is a dress up competition, in some it is simulation of fighting other toons, controlled by players.
    In that case trading in BDO is a form of PVP, one example would be imp delivery, particularly with port ratt goods to in one example at least, Altinova, there is a very limited number of goods that can be traded this way, and its very lucrative, a full cargo of imp delivery trade goods can be worth 10's of millions of silver, but only if you manage to get there first. There are cannons on those ships for a reason  :p
    ikcinKyleran
    Phry said:
    ikcin said:
    cheyane said:

In that case trading in BDO is a form of PVP, one example would be imp delivery, particularly with port ratt goods to in one example at least, Altinova, there is a very limited number of goods that can be traded this way, and its very lucrative, a full cargo of imp delivery trade goods can be worth 10's of millions of silver, but only if you manage to get there first. There are cannons on those ships for a reason  :p

OK, I agree with that. Maybe the player to npc trade in BDO is not so solo, it is far from player to player trade in L2, but yeah kind of PvP feature without cooperation.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,505
    edited April 2018
    yea, really weird why there is no mmo having:

the perfect level system, a never ending story, perfect pvp match and make all classes balanced but "theirs" the best.

i call bullshit. there are enough mmos. players just got bitchy.

it's about the same attitude that makes players in shoters call for a "report" as soon someone killed em. can't be legit! they are the best! NO ONE CAN KILL EM! (playing on bronze or silver... right)
    ikcinKylerananemoScot

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 13,302
    edited April 2018
    Thane said:
    yea, really weird why there is no mmo having:

the perfect level system, a never ending story, perfect pvp match and make all classes balanced but "theirs" the best.

i call bullshit. there are enough mmos. players just got bitchy.

it's about the same attitude that makes players in shoters call for a "report" as soon someone killed em. can't be legit! they are the best! NO ONE CAN KILL EM! (playing on bronze or silver... right)

I don't think there is anything wrong with expecting more from our MMOs, I do think some posters don't realise how difficult some of their proposed ideas are and unfairly belittle anything that does not come up to their standards.

And when it comes to player deaths always remember:

If someone on your team got killed its "Those bastards"
    If you got killed its "Those cheating bastards"
    If you someone on your team kills one of them its "Well done mate"
    If you kill one of them its "Got one of the cheating bastards"  :)
    Post edited by Scot on
    Jean-Luc_Picard

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,958
    ikcin said:
    I do not think there are PvE players. What means PvE - player who go in MMOs to fight environment?
    I thought PvE meant player vs enemy. Have I been wrong this whole time?
    klash2defTillerKyleran
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,755
    ikcin said:
    I do not think there are PvE players. What means PvE - player who go in MMOs to fight environment?
    lol yes, you have been wrong this entire time.  PVE= Player vs Environment 
    KyleranGorwe
    "PSA: We live in a multicultural world. Nobody is "forcing" diversity. Earth is already Diverse."

"Everything that happens is a political act, and the only people that get to pretend otherwise are those privileged enough to not have politics impact them at all." ~Taliesin

"What does it mean to be human? In a time when people's humanity is perennially called into question?"
    - Dr. Cornell West

Currently: Games Audio Engineer
    You've heard what I've heard

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,755
    The best MMO on the market is "mmorpg.com forum"

warning: it is a full loot PVP game but its the best F2P game on the market. 
    KyleranScot
    "PSA: We live in a multicultural world. Nobody is "forcing" diversity. Earth is already Diverse."

"Everything that happens is a political act, and the only people that get to pretend otherwise are those privileged enough to not have politics impact them at all." ~Taliesin

"What does it mean to be human? In a time when people's humanity is perennially called into question?"
    - Dr. Cornell West

Currently: Games Audio Engineer
    You've heard what I've heard

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,348
    ikcin said:
    You have been working way too hard my friend.

;)

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,958
    I actually Lol'd

I guess it makes sense when I die to traps in Path of Exile. I do know that PvP means player vs player though. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.