Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battle for Azeroth: "War Mode" System

NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
edited April 2018 in World of Warcraft
We already know about the new pvp system in BfA from the Blizzcon announcement. So basically there will be no pvp or pve servers and you can only flag yourself for pvp in the cities like Stormwind and Orgrimmar. So when you flag yourself for pvp, the game will put you on a pvp shard where you can play with other pvp players. I thought it will be the same as before but this time we won't get stuck with only pvp or pve players and we can play with either of them whenever we want. So when they announced this system, I was very hyped even without the proper information about the system.

Today I watched a video from Bellular and holy sh*t. I never expected something like this. This is beyond my expectation. So now they call this new system as "War Mode" and damn I'm hyped... I hope Blizzard won't screw this system. Please be successful like mythic+ please...

Don't mind the thumbnail. It is clickbait.

Post edited by Nepheth on

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited April 2018
    It's cool but I don't see this as "sandbox" in any way. It's good for people who love PvP, I guess, because everyone who's flagged that way will be ready for combat.
    Nepheth[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited April 2018
     Yeah, the thumbnail is literally clickbait lol.  But the system is really good.
    SBFord[Deleted User]
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    The forced enemy faction system will keep the pvp in wow terrible, no  matter what.
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    edited April 2018
    these changes are actually interesting
  • angrydruid0413angrydruid0413 Member CommonPosts: 3
    you guys be careful, never buy anything from the damn chinese scam site raiditem, they took my money and never deliver my order, mmorpg wont let me post here as my rank is not qualified, so check this out, http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/179/20180413/Stay_away_from_wow_gold_farmers_they_are_all_scammers-5ad059b0654ebd413-1.html#p5ad059b0654ebd
    edited April 2018
    you guys be careful, never buy anything from the damn chinese scam site raiditem, they took my money and never deliver my order, mmorpg wont let me post here as my rank is not qualified, so check this out, http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/179/20180413/Stay_away_from_wow_gold_farmers_they_are_all_scammers-5ad059b0654ebd413-1.html#p5ad059b0654ebd
    I think everyone knows gold farmers will scam you. Why on earth didn't you buy a WoW token and sell it on the Auction House for in-game gold? A token is $20 and you can sell it in the US for 200,000 gold or in the EU for 350,000 or for much more in other regions.  

People never learn.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• angrydruid0413angrydruid0413 Member CommonPosts: 3
    SBFord said:
    I think everyone knows gold farmers will scam you. Why on earth didn't you buy a WoW token and sell it on the Auction House for in-game gold? A token is $20 and you can sell it in the US for 200,000 gold or in the EU for 350,000 or for much more in other regions.  

People never learn.
    no, there's a rare mount on BMAH, i wanted it so much and didnt have enough gold, it took a lot time to sell wow tokens for gold, buddy, when i had gold, the mount might not be there, so i took risk buyin gold from farmers....I m filing a chargeback and you guys better not buy anythign from this scam site unless you enjoy pain
    edited April 2018
    SBFord said:

People never learn.
    no, there's a rare mount on BMAH, i wanted it so much and didnt have enough gold, it took a lot time to sell wow tokens for gold, buddy, when i had gold, the mount might not be there, so i took risk buyin gold from farmers....I m filing a chargeback and you guys better not buy anythign from this scam site unless you enjoy pain
    All I can say is that I hope you learned a lesson. For me, no pixel ride on the BMAH is worth risking a scam (at best) and my bank account (at worst) by using some shady gold farm site. 

Maybe the better thing is to proactively sell some tokens while you don't "need" the gold so you have it stockpiled for when you "need" something on the BMAH. Better get 10,000,000 worth, however, since rare mounts on BMAH tend to zoom straight to the cap.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Interesting video.. I didn't know about War Mode.. sounds like a good addition for WoW PvPers.
    I'm not sure if he's a Blizzard fanboy or something but he does mention Overwatch has deep gameplay because of the classes?... Overwatch does not have deep gameplay at all.
    It's a fun casual shooter but deep it is not.

It's also astonishing that Blizz has taken so long to add PvP content points.
    It's a very basic idea PvP games have been doing for decades.

I'm still not sure it's enough for me to get back into the game but I might give BfA a try sometime in the future.

..Cake..

edited April 2018
    sgel said:
    Interesting video.. I didn't know about War Mode.. sounds like a good addition for WoW PvPers.
    I'm not sure if he's a Blizzard fanboy or something but he does mention Overwatch has deep gameplay because of the classes?... Overwatch does not have deep gameplay at all.
    It's a fun casual shooter but deep it is not.

It's also astonishing that Blizz has taken so long to add PvP content points.
    It's a very basic idea PvP games have been doing for decades.

I'm still not sure it's enough for me to get back into the game but I might give BfA a try sometime in the future.
    WoW has had a Conquest / Honor points system forever.....until Legion when they removed it. I think they've seen how disastrous that was and are reimplementing a variation on what once was. 

In the past, you accrued Conquest and could build it up to a cap then spend it at special vendors to purchase gear that you needed to upgrade or to purchase stuff with better stats.

The problem with the system they're returning, from the way it sounds so far, is that you accrue Conquest but once you hit a weekly cap, you're "given" a piece of PvP gear that you cannot choose either for the slot it fills or the stats it represents.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    edited April 2018
    OMG ( I don't use that often).  This is perfect.  I get the sandbox thing.  They have basically made the entire world a battleground.  I suppose you could still quest :)  I started on a PvP server and really enjoyed it.  Attacking towns etc. of the other factions and holding it as long as you could was great.  I did get tired of the random ganks but it made me play more carefully.  There was also something awesome about someone attacking you while you played and beating them.  It balanced out for me.

I think this is awesome.  basically you have the choice when you want it and I expect a lot more PvP focus if I decide to go this route.  Super happy about this as the game lags for me at times (interest not frame rate)  and this is way better to me than farming rep or something.

The fact that there is the XP boost to take care of the extra time it took to level makes this likely my playstyle of choice.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!