Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELP!

qtaqqtaq Member UncommonPosts: 39
My first video game ever was pong so by all means that tells you my age and my love for gaming period. Honestly have to say I was a late MMORPG computer gamer for the simple fact I just had no use for a computer until I was forty years old and found myself going back to college raising my hand in class asking what the hell is a email. With that being said, yes my first mmorpg was WOW right after Burning Crusade was released ( still the best expansion Blizzard has ever done ) still playing off and on bought ever expansion they have released. The point here is why they hell doesn't someone anyone for that matter make a mmorpg that has an engaging combat system other than tab target and please save me your comments about tab target its boring plan and simple after 10 years of tab target it BORING.  MMO's these days are a sandbox, moba, or first person or people going back to the days of old school type mmo's that honestly from what I have experienced just plain suck. Anything and everything being released in the western hemisphere is a sandbox or moba or some other Korean grindfest  without translation. For gawd sakes can someone create a third person mmo with great graphics, active combat system and great story with realm vs realm, open world pvp, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds and don't give a crap about housing or mindless sandbox bull crap. Is there any one who can do that ? Please if your a tab target moron then please keep your comments to yourself!
KyleranScotanemo

Comments

  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 22,092
    edited April 2018
    The longer your list of requirements, the harder it is to get it all into a single game.  If you want good combat, for example, there are some options:

    https://www.spiralknights.com
    https://kritika.enmasse.com

    Or for good graphics, there is a different set of options:

    https://www.finalfantasyxiv.com
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/
    https://www.blackdesertonline.com

    Or similarly for every other thing you want.  But getting a single game that checks every single box isn't likely to happen because different players have different combinations of things that they want and don't want.  You have to either prioritize one or two things or else learn to enjoy games that meet some but not all of your desired features.
    Panther2103Octagon7711KyleranvirgommoScotSovrath
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,967
    I like some tab targeting games so I guess that's makes me a moron so I'll keep further comments to myself.
    XodicAegiriskitaradScot

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • virgommovirgommo Member UncommonPosts: 41
    edited April 2018
    Congradulations, you started with Pong, so you're an old shit just like me. This tells me 2 things...the afore mentioned, and the fact that you're old enough to know better than to sling shit in a tantrum.

    You're a die hard gamer...yet had no use for a computer...not so die hard after all i guess. 

    Tab target is for morons...yet you played them for years..your OPINION changed, now everyone who disagree's is a moron.

    You have a huge list of demands, yet seem to have no room to compromise..

    Maybe..just maybe..in the 45 years (assuming you started pong at the ripe age of 5 months old)..just maybe, it's time to grow the heck up and pull that spoon outa your rear.

    Big world of games out there, learn to enjoy what you have...
    Kylerananemo
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,348
    ...and a partridge in a pear tree....

    Good luck in finding such a game, I hear the Oasis should be in beta around 2025.

    ;)

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • virgommovirgommo Member UncommonPosts: 41
    edited April 2018
    Kyleran said:
    ...and a partridge in a pear tree....

    He wouldn't like that either...the pears are only able to be landed on by tab targeting, and I hear it's a sandbox jumping puzzle. PVP is pretty harsh, full loot and the Bird, Worm, Cat dynamic isn't balanced at all.
  • AegirisAegiris Member UncommonPosts: 49
    So basically you want WoW with action combat.

    I guess just wait around and see if Blizzard ever does WoW2.  Otherwise you're up shit creek.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,019
    The fact that you're clamoring for open world dungeons and raids is so funny. Do you want zergfest? That's how you get zergfest.

    image
    Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,958
    qtaq said:
    My first video game ever was pong so by all means that tells you my age and my love for gaming period. Honestly have to say I was a late MMORPG computer gamer for the simple fact I just had no use for a computer until I was forty years old and found myself going back to college raising my hand in class asking what the hell is a email. With that being said, yes my first mmorpg was WOW right after Burning Crusade was released ( still the best expansion Blizzard has ever done ) still playing off and on bought ever expansion they have released. The point here is why they hell doesn't someone anyone for that matter make a mmorpg that has an engaging combat system other than tab target and please save me your comments about tab target its boring plan and simple after 10 years of tab target it BORING.  MMO's these days are a sandbox, moba, or first person or people going back to the days of old school type mmo's that honestly from what I have experienced just plain suck. Anything and everything being released in the western hemisphere is a sandbox or moba or some other Korean grindfest  without translation. For gawd sakes can someone create a third person mmo with great graphics, active combat system and great story with realm vs realm, open world pvp, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds and don't give a crap about housing or mindless sandbox bull crap. Is there any one who can do that ? Please if your a tab target moron then please keep your comments to yourself!
    paragraphs are your friend. 

    AegiriskitaradKyleran
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 10,639
    When I have a child that comes of video game playing age I'm going to make him play pong first so he can tell everyone he started with pong too and it will show his age. 
    KyleranJean-Luc_PicardQuizzical



  • Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Except of open world PvP ESO offers everything you demand.

    I like to play it on and off, but somehow there is something I'm missing there to keep me interested all the time like e.g. Vanguard did. (Maybe its just me)

    Kyleran

    1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

    Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon

  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Any number of companies could. However, they tend to focus on what they expect to be most profitable, and right now it isn't that.
    Kyleran
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 2,929
    qtaq said:
    ...For gawd sakes can someone create a third person mmo with great graphics, active combat system and great story with realm vs realm, open world pvp, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds and don't give a crap about housing or mindless sandbox bull crap. Is there any one who can do that ? Please if your a tab target moron then please keep your comments to yourself!
    If enough people wanted all that, the game would already have been made.  Companies go where the money is.
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    edited April 2018
    Not sure why you keep mentioning MOBAs: they aren't tab-targeted, the combat is engaging, and they are not MMORPGs...lmao
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,298
    edited April 2018
    Insulting "Tab targetting morons", when he's been one for 13 years, makes me wonder who the moron really is...

    That was definitely not needed in that post. Paragraphs, though, would have been nice.
    AmatheJamesGoblin
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Intel Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER EVO 8GB DDR6 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Samsung U32J590 32" 4K monitor - Second display: Philips 273v 27" monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset - Sound: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.


  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,505
    edited April 2018
    qtaq said:
    (...)
    * a third person mmo 
    * with great graphics, 
    * active combat system and 
    * great story 
    * with realm vs realm, 
    * open world pvp, 
    * dungeons, 
    * raids, 
    * battlegrounds 
    * and don't give a crap about housing or mindless sandbox bull crap. 
    well, your prob is you want a pvp game with pve.
    nothing that actually combines too good, as the past has showen.

    your closest bets would be WoW on a pvp shard, or maybe gw2.
    as said, WoW wont have "active combat" (twitch based i guess?) and gw2 won't have open world pvp.

    those 2 just don't go together. 
    it worked when your audience size was about 10 or maybe 100k, nowadays, with every game having less than 10 million users being concidered a fail... yea. devs turned out to be more careful lately :)

    usualy you either focus your energy on pvp balance, or pve balance, balancing both is just no fun. at. all.

    if you want pvp, wait for camelot unchained (or back em if you are into that)
    if you want pve.. well... there are plenty of fish in the ocean, a few actually taste quite good too.

    if you want both... well... gl =]

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,298
    Thane said:
    qtaq said:
    (...)
    * a third person mmo 
    * with great graphics, 
    * active combat system and 
    * great story 
    * with realm vs realm, 
    * open world pvp, 
    * dungeons, 
    * raids, 
    * battlegrounds 
    * and don't give a crap about housing or mindless sandbox bull crap. 
    well, your prob is you want a pvp game with pve.
    nothing that actually combines too good, as the past has showen.

    your closest bets would be WoW on a pvp shard, or maybe gw2.
    as said, WoW wont have "active combat" (twitch based i guess?) and gw2 won't have open world pvp.

    those 2 just don't go together. 
    it worked when your audience size was about 10 or maybe 100k, nowadays, with every game having less than 10 million users being concidered a fail... yea. devs turned out to be more careful lately :)

    usualy you either focus your energy on pvp balance, or pve balance, balancing both is just no fun. at. all.

    if you want pvp, wait for camelot unchained (or back em if you are into that)
    if you want pve.. well... there are plenty of fish in the ocean, a few actually taste quite good too.

    if you want both... well... gl =]
    Or play ESO, and spend most your time in Cyrodiil as soon as you can go there. There you go, no tab targeting, great story, open world PvP, dungeons, raids, etc...
    JamesGoblin
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Intel Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER EVO 8GB DDR6 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Samsung U32J590 32" 4K monitor - Second display: Philips 273v 27" monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset - Sound: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.


  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 13,301
    Err...Welcome to the boards? :)

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,211
    I do not think the OP understands the word "sandbox", because it means an open world game. Faction combat is not open world. So WoW style themepark game with action combat - BDO, GW2, ESO and so many others. If the OP does not like them, he should be clear what he dislikes and what exactly wants.
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,941
    I think the coming games are mostly action combat. I don't tab target I can aim with my mouse fine but twitch combat hurts my poor old lady tendons and I pray not all games will go this way.

  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,364
    All of that unbroken word soup looks to me like active twitch combat games play.

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,941
    Amathe said:
    All of that unbroken word soup looks to me like active twitch combat games play.
    LOL I actually did not read the OP's post (lack of paragraphs) just read the responses.

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,603
    qtaq said:
     and don't give a crap about housing or mindless sandbox bull crap. Is there any one who can do that ? Please if your a tab target moron then please keep your comments to yourself!
    I think you started out ok but you then went off the rails.

    So did you really want a response or did you just want to rant?


    Scot
Sign In or Register to comment.