Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELP!

qtaqqtaq Member UncommonPosts: 75
My first video game ever was pong so by all means that tells you my age and my love for gaming period. Honestly have to say I was a late MMORPG computer gamer for the simple fact I just had no use for a computer until I was forty years old and found myself going back to college raising my hand in class asking what the hell is a email. With that being said, yes my first mmorpg was WOW right after Burning Crusade was released ( still the best expansion Blizzard has ever done ) still playing off and on bought ever expansion they have released. The point here is why they hell doesn't someone anyone for that matter make a mmorpg that has an engaging combat system other than tab target and please save me your comments about tab target its boring plan and simple after 10 years of tab target it BORING.  MMO's these days are a sandbox, moba, or first person or people going back to the days of old school type mmo's that honestly from what I have experienced just plain suck. Anything and everything being released in the western hemisphere is a sandbox or moba or some other Korean grindfest  without translation. For gawd sakes can someone create a third person mmo with great graphics, active combat system and great story with realm vs realm, open world pvp, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds and don't give a crap about housing or mindless sandbox bull crap. Is there any one who can do that ? Please if your a tab target moron then please keep your comments to yourself!
KyleranScotanemo

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    edited April 2018
    The longer your list of requirements, the harder it is to get it all into a single game.  If you want good combat, for example, there are some options:

https://www.spiralknights.com
    https://kritika.enmasse.com

Or for good graphics, there is a different set of options:

https://www.finalfantasyxiv.com
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/
    https://www.blackdesertonline.com

Or similarly for every other thing you want.  But getting a single game that checks every single box isn't likely to happen because different players have different combinations of things that they want and don't want.  You have to either prioritize one or two things or else learn to enjoy games that meet some but not all of your desired features.
    Panther2103Octagon7711KyleranvirgommoScotSovrath
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I like some tab targeting games so I guess that's makes me a moron so I'll keep further comments to myself.
    [Deleted User]AegiriskitaradScot

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• virgommovirgommo Member UncommonPosts: 43
    edited April 2018
    Congradulations, you started with Pong, so you're an old shit just like me. This tells me 2 things...the afore mentioned, and the fact that you're old enough to know better than to sling shit in a tantrum.

You're a die hard gamer...yet had no use for a computer...not so die hard after all i guess. 

Tab target is for morons...yet you played them for years..your OPINION changed, now everyone who disagree's is a moron.

You have a huge list of demands, yet seem to have no room to compromise..

Maybe..just maybe..in the 45 years (assuming you started pong at the ripe age of 5 months old)..just maybe, it's time to grow the heck up and pull that spoon outa your rear.

Big world of games out there, learn to enjoy what you have...
    Kylerananemo
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    ...and a partridge in a pear tree....

Good luck in finding such a game, I hear the Oasis should be in beta around 2025.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• virgommovirgommo Member UncommonPosts: 43
    edited April 2018
    Kyleran said:
    ...and a partridge in a pear tree....

He wouldn't like that either...the pears are only able to be landed on by tab targeting, and I hear it's a sandbox jumping puzzle. PVP is pretty harsh, full loot and the Bird, Worm, Cat dynamic isn't balanced at all.
  • AegirisAegiris Member UncommonPosts: 49
    So basically you want WoW with action combat.

I guess just wait around and see if Blizzard ever does WoW2.  Otherwise you're up shit creek.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    The fact that you're clamoring for open world dungeons and raids is so funny. Do you want zergfest? That's how you get zergfest.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    qtaq said:
    My first video game ever was pong so by all means that tells you my age and my love for gaming period. Honestly have to say I was a late MMORPG computer gamer for the simple fact I just had no use for a computer until I was forty years old and found myself going back to college raising my hand in class asking what the hell is a email. With that being said, yes my first mmorpg was WOW right after Burning Crusade was released ( still the best expansion Blizzard has ever done ) still playing off and on bought ever expansion they have released. The point here is why they hell doesn't someone anyone for that matter make a mmorpg that has an engaging combat system other than tab target and please save me your comments about tab target its boring plan and simple after 10 years of tab target it BORING.  MMO's these days are a sandbox, moba, or first person or people going back to the days of old school type mmo's that honestly from what I have experienced just plain suck. Anything and everything being released in the western hemisphere is a sandbox or moba or some other Korean grindfest  without translation. For gawd sakes can someone create a third person mmo with great graphics, active combat system and great story with realm vs realm, open world pvp, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds and don't give a crap about housing or mindless sandbox bull crap. Is there any one who can do that ? Please if your a tab target moron then please keep your comments to yourself!
    paragraphs are your friend. 

AegiriskitaradKyleran
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    When I have a child that comes of video game playing age I'm going to make him play pong first so he can tell everyone he started with pong too and it will show his age. 
    Kyleran[Deleted User]Quizzical

• Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 286
    Except of open world PvP ESO offers everything you demand.

I like to play it on and off, but somehow there is something I'm missing there to keep me interested all the time like e.g. Vanguard did. (Maybe its just me)

Kyleran

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Any number of companies could. However, they tend to focus on what they expect to be most profitable, and right now it isn't that.
    Kyleran
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    qtaq said:
    ...For gawd sakes can someone create a third person mmo with great graphics, active combat system and great story with realm vs realm, open world pvp, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds and don't give a crap about housing or mindless sandbox bull crap. Is there any one who can do that ? Please if your a tab target moron then please keep your comments to yourself!
    If enough people wanted all that, the game would already have been made.  Companies go where the money is.
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    edited April 2018
    Not sure why you keep mentioning MOBAs: they aren't tab-targeted, the combat is engaging, and they are not MMORPGs...lmao
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited April 2018
    qtaq said:
    (...)
    * a third person mmo 
    * with great graphics, 
    * active combat system and 
    * great story 
    * with realm vs realm, 
    * open world pvp, 
    * dungeons, 
    * raids, 
    * battlegrounds 
    * and don't give a crap about housing or mindless sandbox bull crap. 
    well, your prob is you want a pvp game with pve.
    nothing that actually combines too good, as the past has showen.

your closest bets would be WoW on a pvp shard, or maybe gw2.
    as said, WoW wont have "active combat" (twitch based i guess?) and gw2 won't have open world pvp.

those 2 just don't go together. 
    it worked when your audience size was about 10 or maybe 100k, nowadays, with every game having less than 10 million users being concidered a fail... yea. devs turned out to be more careful lately :)

usualy you either focus your energy on pvp balance, or pve balance, balancing both is just no fun. at. all.

if you want pvp, wait for camelot unchained (or back em if you are into that)
    if you want pve.. well... there are plenty of fish in the ocean, a few actually taste quite good too.

if you want both... well... gl =]

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,959
    Err...Welcome to the boards? :)
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    I think the coming games are mostly action combat. I don't tab target I can aim with my mouse fine but twitch combat hurts my poor old lady tendons and I pray not all games will go this way.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    All of that unbroken word soup looks to me like active twitch combat games play.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    Amathe said:
    All of that unbroken word soup looks to me like active twitch combat games play.
    LOL I actually did not read the OP's post (lack of paragraphs) just read the responses.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    qtaq said:
     and don't give a crap about housing or mindless sandbox bull crap. Is there any one who can do that ? Please if your a tab target moron then please keep your comments to yourself!
    I think you started out ok but you then went off the rails.

So did you really want a response or did you just want to rant?

Scot
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo