Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which one you prefer? (4 massive games coming at 2019)

badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
edited April 2018 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
i just found all the good sandbox pvp mmo are coming at 2019  or later (2020) here is the list
 Camelot unchained - Daoc game from 2001 making another great return as a new game
Chornicles of elyria- pure sandbox game with many intersting feature
Crowfall - from shadowbane ultima online dev 
Ashes of creation - another good sandbox game

so after i spent time seeing each of the title i came to decision each has some little problems
CU- realm vs realm pvp game so your forced to ally/enemy based on the realm no freedom
Coe- players saying its little pay to win though
Crowfall - too cartoonish and non peristent world
ashes of creation - looks more like a pve game than pvp and most of the people only going to play it for dungeon raids and boses? 

but anyway all of these game have same concept on pvp 
 got siege (village town city castle)
 open world pvp
building 
territory war 
so if anyone knows  is there is any difference between these 4? (except realm vs realm) and which one you going to try ?
 and which one will fail like life is feudal and which will be one of the best sandbox mmo?

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    In 2019 the answer is simple: Crowfall.

It's the only one with a decent chance to actually come out in 2019. 
    KyleranPanther2103MikehaMadFrenchieJamesGoblinDakeru[Deleted User]Slapshot1188ArglebargleMrMelGibsonand 2 others.

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Agree on the OP's Crowfall comment its looks are a turn off,  its art direction is not my cup of tea, to garish and toonesque.

Camalot going to give that a go, missed the first one as was an EQ-traqic for years.

For me I think Ashes holds the most allure, plus they seem fairly discipline business wise so hoping it makes the 2019 slot.

There are a few titles I am hoping make 2019, after a bit of a drought over the last few years next yeah is showing some faint glimmer of hope.

• 45074507 Member UncommonPosts: 351
    I'm most excited for AoC and to a lesser extent CU.

Crowfall might be fun for a few months but I can't see making a long-term commitment to a game with so little actual progression.

CoE is pay to win trash.
  • badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
    @kruler Yes think that camelot will be good and why do prefer cu and aoc out of these 4 can you explain pls and thanks

@4507 yes crowfall seems it fun only for few months and why do you prefer aoc than coe and cu can you explain too? : ) 
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    edited April 2018
    Only CU and Crowfall have a chance of coming out in 2019 or 2020, so that narrows down the field quite a bit. Also those are the only two games on your list that are built from the ground up to revolve around pvp.

JamesGoblinSlapshot1188MrMelGibsoncraftseeker
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Im really hoping that Trion relaunches Rift as Rift 2088 , i would tear open my wallet to throw all my credit cards at that one ............
    KyleranCryomatrixKumaponMrMelGibson
    edited April 2018
    @Scorchien Fuck rift and other themepark games :P only sandbox we prefer

@Yasha coe planned to release in late 2019 or atleast will be playable in beta with content and same with aoe

KyleranSlapshot1188pantaroMrMelGibsonYashaX
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    badermal said:
    i just found all the good sandbox pvp mmo are coming at 2019  or later (2020) here is the list
     Camelot unchained - Daoc game from 2001 making another great return as a new game
    Chornicles of elyria- pure sandbox game with many intersting feature
    Crowfall - from shadowbane ultima online dev 
    Ashes of creation - another good sandbox game

so after i spent time seeing each of the title i came to decision each has some little problems
    CU- realm vs realm pvp game so your forced to ally/enemy based on the realm no freedom
    Coe- players saying its little pay to win though
    Crowfall - too cartoonish and non peristent world
    ashes of creation - looks more like a pve game than pvp and most of the people only going to play it for dungeon raids and boses? 

but anyway all of these game have same concept on pvp 
     got siege (village town city castle)
     open world pvp
    building 
    territory war 
    so if anyone knows  is there is any difference between these 4? (except realm vs realm) and which one you going to try ?
     and which one will fail like life is feudal and which will be one of the best sandbox mmo?

well, camoelot unchained. only one to actuallly pull off open world pvp is mark.

uh and those other?  meh:

one is a lobby game,
    one is "little pay to win" (sorry, if that is an argument, nuff said, CU has no p2w at all..)
    and the last one is a pve game having pvp in it, we all know how that ends.

BruceYeepantaroAgent_Joseph

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    badermal said:

@Yasha coe planned to release in late 2019 or atleast will be playable in beta with content and same with aoe

I think you are underestimating Trions development prowess, they can reimagine Rift as a full sandbox , slap a new Label on it , new Founders Packs, New Cash Shop and have it ready for consumption in under 3 months .........
    KyleranBruceYeeJamesGoblinKumaponMrMelGibson
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited April 2018
    Got my eye on Crowfall as its the only one that looks like it might be good.

2019 I am really waiting for Age Of Wushu 2, Peria Chronicles and Accent Infinite Realm.
    MrMelGibson
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Scorchien said:
    badermal said:

I think you are underestimating Trions development prowess, they can reimagine Rift as a full sandbox , slap a new Label on it , new Founders Packs, New Cash Shop and have it ready for consumption in under 3 months .........
    You shouldn't do that,  he won't get it.

;)
    ScorchienBruceYeeJamesGoblinSlapshot1188KumaponMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    The one I will pick is the one I can handle with my 12 button mouse . If it is too twitchy I will pass on the game. These days my concern is not so much the game but rather my ability to play. I don't want to play poorly. Do well or not play at all I guess. Especially in games where other people are relying on me to heal or play a supportive role.
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]JamesGoblinMrMelGibson
    Chamber of Chains
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    None.

I'll go back to entropia where my land deeds are a accruing in-game currency for me.

Cryomatrix
    Phry[Deleted User]
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    edited April 2018
    Crowfall looks so dumb. Not even an MMORPG. Also unity engine is just so bad. Basic bitch as fuck.

Chronicles of Elyria hasn't even really shown what the game will be like. Just tech demo's and graphic videos. Still waiting for some meaningful gameplay. 

CU looks promising but has a lot of question marks. The graphics blow. The extremely complicated "make your own skill system" just begs the question WHY? Little to no PvE and no vertical progression. I just feel like this game has a lot of potential to get boring fast.

Ashes of Creation, looks beautiful, has extremely cool ideas, but again like CoE we havent actually seen anything. Cautiously optimistic this game will deliver on its promises.

Pantheon is another one that should be coming out in the next few years. The focus on grouping is a welcome change of pace, but the graphics/animations already look terrible and need a lot of work.

All of these games have a lot of time to improve and I hope they all do massively. We are due for a MMORPG that isnt a cash grab.
    JamesGoblinCaffynated
    @Scorchien just another  low effort troll smudge which is is not even close to funny 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Keeping my fingers crossed for CU honestly, though whether its out in the next 2 or 3 years isn't as important as whether its done right, i can wait for a good game  ;)
    As for the others, really not sure about them at all, maybe they will be okay? but nothing about them at the moment sparks my interest all that much, maybe once they have been released i will check them out?  :/
    [Deleted User]
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    right now, none of them.
    Will wait till they release or have a free open weekend to take a look. But after the recent flops, failures on this genre i am just not getting any hopes up at all. Right now i am just jumping through the old mmo's of Secret World, Elder Scrolls Online and Defiance (with a probably return at some point to WoW).
    [Deleted User]
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    badermal said:

coe planned to release in late 2019 or atleast will be playable in beta with content and same with aoe
    If we go by what they've planned, then we can see that Camelot Unchained, Chronicles of Elyria, Crowfall, Greed Monger, Pathfinder Online, Project: Gorgon, Shards and Star Citizen have already made full release.
    JamesGoblinSlapshot1188KyleranYashaX

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I prefer games I can play now over what might be in the future.
    PhaserlightQuizzicalDakeru[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    I prefer games I can play now over what might be in the future.
    But you can't dream magic features with games you can play now!
    MadFrenchieJamesGoblinDakeruMrMelGibson
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    I prefer to wait until games launch, and then I'll have a look.  If they launch.
    PhryPanther2103Dakeru[Deleted User]RueTheWhirlKylerangervaise1CecropiaMrMelGibson
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    First off, I really don't care about Theme Park vs Sandbox.  I prefer games with good combat mechanics and a decent story.  What I do care about is no persistent PvP.  I like PvP, but I want to pick when I am PvPing.  Of the games on your list, Ashes of Creation is the closest to this ideal. 

I am most interested in Pantheon: ROTF and Ship of Heroes.  Neither is releasing with PvP, but when they do introduce it they will do it correctly, or at least correctly IMO.

I will play Bless when it releases, at least to check it out.  But if open world PvP becomes a real problem, where I can't even harvest stuff for crafting, I'll go back to waiting for the two games I mentioned.
    [Deleted User]

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711
    Theme Park is a big turn off for me nowadays, but I can tolerate it if the character advancement/customization is robust.  I want to be able to build an awesome character or a complete crap one.

Graphics wise, who really cares, at least from the standpoint of stylized/cartoonish vs. realistic looking.  I'm good with either as long as it is done well.

What I want:
    Decent Combat
    Robust Character advancement/customization (not looks)
    Good crafting

I'm looking forward to Crowfall simply because I loved Shadowbane.  We'll see if it delivers as I hope.

As for the other games, I'm following Pantheon and Camelot Unchained.  Haven't made a decision.

Until then, I'm playing whatever perks my interest.  Currently, I'm back with Dungeons and Dragons Online.

[Deleted User]MrMelGibson

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I'm looking forward to Crowfall the most out of those. It just looks like fun to me.
    [Deleted User]
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I'm looking at Pantheon and AoC. CoE was enticing at first and then fell flat on it's face. I think it will be another Life is Feudal where you basically hear nothing out of it....if it launches.