Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Founders Packs Range from $20 to $50 & Are Packed with In-Game Goodies - Defiance 2050 - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    With the whole controversy regarding loot boxes basically proving to the most naive that game companies in the end don't care about gamers, this should prove Trion is no different.

How do people keep falling for this stuff.
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    edited April 2018
    I was in the original alpha, went through the whole "It's only a vertical slice and there'll be more content at release!!!" arguments (Yeah, right...), stupidly bought the game only to watch it quickly go F2P, and now this?

It's literally the same game, right down to the pathetic attempts to tie it into a TV show that's long dead, buried, and, thankfully, forgotten.

May as well title it "Defiance: One Last Cash Grab!".

I didn't think my opinion of Trion could sink any lower.

Clearly I was wrong.
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    I'm waiting for a certain Trion fanboi to defend A: The game, and B: Cash Grab.
    [Deleted User]
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Disgusting , shame on you Trion
    [Deleted User]
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    dont fall for it, scammy thing with old recipe
    [Deleted User]
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    We are going to see these ridiculous "founders packs" in everything until we as a group refuse to pay for them anymore.
    [Deleted User]
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Let the game die to make room for an actual new title.

At least Rift Prime had a focus to make it uniquely different from Rift Live.  This relaunch is a primo example of the trend of companies flogging the shit outta the corpse of their games to squeeze just an ounce more blood out.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

founder's packs" what are we foundering?
    The purchasers are founding this business..lmao geesus so much just wrong in gaming right now.
    Let's wait a month,see this gimmick won't work then try plan B,we will start a Defiance BATTLE ROYALE !!.

Kyleran

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    http://deliddedtech.com/2017/08/30/trion-worlds-might-be-in-dire-financial-condition/

Reading this it is hard for me to believe anything i believe was Scott Hartsman responding since he works or worked for Trion.

None the less i always find it funny a person representing a business will make claims but "oh we can't let anyone actually see the numbers" lmao.
    Trion was sailing high when Rift released,soon after got another lump sum of investment money and i am certain more after that.

I believe the happy ship lasted to about 2014 then talks of selling shares and so on and layoffs gives a true indication of where the business is going.Hartsman pointing to other businesses with high bond % does not mean anything when comes to Trion,especially since we have heard nothing positive about the business.

Bottom line is these businesses hide their true financials because they want to give a misleading perception that they are doing really well,it encourages blind investors,stocks and THEIR pocket books.
    IMO Trion had a lot of money to play with,how much was invested into Rift,hmm my hunch 30 million and anotehr 10-20 lost with failed ideas and maybe some decent revenue up until 2015,but last 2+ years,they are bleeding money,investors don't like that,stock holders don't like that,this is a sinking ship that will have to pull off a miracle to recover and i don't see it recovering.

BruceYee

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805
    Trion can go fu*k themselves. Their stable of games are growing old and the one game (Archeage) that would have pulled them up from the muck saw them ran over by the developer so badly that now they're taking the hit for the failure. Should have had a better contact or ensured that they had more control over the product before agreeing to bring it over to the states.

Now they're left with Trove which is okay if you like that sort of thing. Defiance and now this 'new' Defiance game that they're trying to charge for again. I bought in the first time with a collectors edition, pre-order, and gave an additional 50 for currency for outfits and the like. Now they want to add in a new shader, basically put out a big patch and call it a new game while releasing founders packs and expecting me to grind in the old game so I can hope to reclaim some of the stuff in the new one? One more time. Trion can go fu*k themselves.
    I like to complain about games.
  • mikeb0817mikeb0817 Member UncommonPosts: 79
    RIFT Prime kicks ass, soooo.... maybe worth checking out at the lowest price point, unless you are a super fan and want to dish out big bucks for the extras
  • chocchoc Member UncommonPosts: 27
    edited April 2018
    Even in the official OG Defiance forum are talking trash about Defiance 2050, that should be a patch in the OG rather than announced as a new game.
  • MrG8MrG8 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    What is bits? P2W-credits?
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Wow. I hope NO ONE buys any of it.

It's the same 2013 game!
  • aCi11i3saCi11i3s Member UncommonPosts: 54
    lol...poor Trion. Rift was awesome. "was". Archeage has more problems than a math book. The original Defiance is fun, but I don't see paying for one of these. Subscription based games or "buy to play" is the only way to go. Even Anet seems to mess up the "btp" model with showers of loot boxes and a cash shop. Maybe one day they'll learn.
  • officialfiveofficialfive Member UncommonPosts: 55

I vote for no more news about 2050 on this site.

I second that vote!
  • officialfiveofficialfive Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited April 2018
    I went to Defiance forum players are really buying into this scam. LOL

There's a sucker born every minute is a true phrase.
  • RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829
    edited April 2018
    I enjoyed the TV series when it came out and enjoyed the original game for a bit, but it wore thin quickly. When they first announced Defiance 2050 it got my attention thought it was going to be a game sequel of some sort, at least I hoped it was. I can see that it is exactly what I feared, just a cheap reskin and attempt to sell some loot--errr-- I mean Founder's boxes. Nope, gonna pass on this. Pretty lame Trion, pretty lame.
  • insanefred69insanefred69 Member CommonPosts: 3

This was posted on the Defiance forums. Trions way of dealing with it was to delete the post and ban the user.. Ask yourself Do you really want to deal with a company like this? Personally i think he hit the nail right on the head.

Its quiet obvious to me that the long standing loyal players (customers) no longer matter to Trion where Defiance is concerned.

The servers have been unplayable for so long now its pathetic. For a gaming company to have problems like this and not fix them is unbelievable. I would say they dont know how to fix the problem, but i dont think that is the case ( Any company worth its salt would fix the problem so if Trion cant fix i suggest they hire someone that actually knows what they are doing for a change). I personally think they are reluctant to fix the problem in the hope this will push more people who would otherwise be reluctant to play 2050 onto 2050. This is where the lets create a problem on defiance servers so we have a good excuse to close it down starts

I have given 2050 a good go but it is just not Defiance! It is hugely lacking for a "new" Game its the same old thing with a few (in my opinion bad) changes (They could have just done a major patch And advertising campaign for the old defiance and saved themselves time and money)

I have bought 3 different versions of the games and spent in the cash shop but understandably i know thats done and dusted but what happens to the fact i have a 12 month patron with a fair few months still left on it? I have a feeling it will be brushed under the rug along with all the other problems that get blatantly ignored.

Trion i am disgusted with you and the whole way you have handled this fiasco you have lost so many loyal players (customers) You clearly have little or no people skills and could have handled this so much better You have proven once again you are truely incompetent, it beggars belief you have made it this far.

Sorry for the rant loyal players (customers) its not something i normally do and it is just based on my opinion of which i am entitled to. I feel the need to get this off my chest. There is plenty more to say but i wont drag it out too much.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    As an owner of the original Collector's Edition.  F'them.  I'm not paying again.  This isn't Skryim.  They've earned no goodwill from me.  I've already been boned by them multiple times.
    Scorchieninsanefred69
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Thats funny i paid i think was 100$ for my Founders pack 5 years ago .....And you want us to pay again

Fucking Scumbags
    insanefred69