Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Founders Packs Range from $20 to $50 & Are Packed with In-Game Goodies - Defiance 2050 - MMORPG.com

Comments

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403

Replace destiny & Bungie with defiance or trion lol

As someone who played Destiny 1 for many many hours and got all trophies on PSN this video made my day very funny.
  • AzarealAzareal Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Not all that surprised. When I tried out the 2050 beta and saw that there was really nothing new (that includes the bugs :D ), I was kinda expecting this to happen. Any bets on Trion coming out with lock boxes on all the weapons/gear that were released in the original for purchase in 2050 ?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2018
    Rhoklaw said:
    Oh Trion, you need to fire every single one of your executives. There isn't one ounce of intelligence in the entire lot.
    If they did that, there wouldn't be a company left. I do feel like they could do the gaming community a service and just sell off their IPs/publishing rights. They do have good games, they just can't bring out their potential anymore.
    BruceYee
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I vote for no more news about 2050 on this site.
    BruceYeeAgent_JosephAsheramTacticalZombehinfomatz
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    just played for like 15 min. and uninstalled. I'm pretty pissed cause i lost 15 min. of my life to this shit.
  • virgommovirgommo Member UncommonPosts: 43
    I vote for no more news about 2050 on this site.
    No need to go that far...just change "news" when talking about Defiance to "dark comedy". I mean, everyone needs a good laugh.
    Str8Hell
  • Saint_HerbieSaint_Herbie Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Let me get this straight Trion. So I pre ordered this game back when it first launched, did my time and dropped it. So now you’ve re-skinned some things and want me to buy it again? Nice try. Fool me once, Trion. You’ll not get me twice. Wow......just.......just wow.
    TacticalZombeh
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited April 2018

Let me get this straight Trion. So I pre ordered this game back when it first launched, did my time and dropped it. So now you’ve re-skinned some things and want me to buy it again? Nice try. Fool me once, Trion. You’ll not get me twice. Wow......just.......just wow.

Don't have to buy it the game is going free to play, but does really suck a lot stuff people played for in the pass are not getting most any of it other then valor points. I hate it when they do this lock stuff behind a pay wall like the class. If I am seeing this right with the packs.
    Post edited by zaberfangx on
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    I played for about an hour tonight and the biggest flaw from the original game is still present. 3-4 30 round clips of ammo, fired in short bursts, at the head, to kill a trash mob. Emptying a shotgun at close range and seeing your target lose only half it's HP bar. The level of bullet sponging staggers belief.

They may have refined the EGO system and defined a class system, they may have tweaked the graphics to make it look a bit better but the core shooter mechanics are still FUBAR.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited April 2018
    Albatroes said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Oh Trion, you need to fire every single one of your executives. There isn't one ounce of intelligence in the entire lot.
    If they did that, there wouldn't be a company left. I do feel like they could do the gaming community a service and just sell off their IPs/publishing rights. They do have good games, they just can't bring out their potential anymore.
    Another disgraceful California company like Gazillion that suffers from the same exact problem of not being able to get rid of the people who need to go and the rest of the employees suffer for it.

At least the World War Z guys put in the effort to create a whole new game to try and scam you. Trion is so scummy they try to resell you the same game. They did it with Rift Prime in a sly way that some people praised but make no mistake it is the same as this just packaged differently. Wouldn't be surprised if their success with that led them to do this.

Cheapest Founder pack for Defience 2050 - $20
    One month sub for Rift Prime - $15

Expensive Founder pack for Defiance 2050 - $50
    Three month sub for Rift Prime - $45
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    They will sell to some degree, and obviously more so than the posted estimates here. It may be a harder sell to PC users than it could have been if there were greater differences displayed between the two than has so far been the case.

Then again, a similarly negative evaluation occurred when Secret World Legends was released, and still oozes out every so often, yet it did better than many expected, and what many of the diehard naysayers will admit to.

It will be interesting to see how things work out with in this case.
     If you consider the short term cash grab as success. Currently its a ghost town, people logged in for the new story, played the 4 hours it took to finish the new content and logged off.

I doubt there will be anything more for SWL.
    As your claim is contrary to my experience I'll not be putting much credence in it, and consequently your related doubts regarding SWL's future.

What might be a legitimate cause for concern  is that the current update is less than stellar compared to content of the past. If this continues as a pattern the future of SWL could very well be in a state of jeopardy that amounts to more than the pipe-dreams of the malcontent.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    The 2050 beta was actual fucking garbage. Its ridiculous. Nothing new, worse gameplay and worse graphics. Like WTF.
  • ElethonElethon Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Caveat emptor
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Though I agree with many comments posted here, I would be remiss if I did not point out that y'all didn't think loot boxes would sell either.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    BruceYee said:
    Albatroes said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Another disgraceful California company like Gazillion that suffers from the same exact problem of not being able to get rid of the people who need to go and the rest of the employees suffer for it.

At least the World War Z guys put in the effort to create a whole new game to try and scam you. Trion is so scummy they try to resell you the same game. They did it with Rift Prime in a sly way that some people praised but make no mistake it is the same as this just packaged differently. Wouldn't be surprised if their success with that led them to do this.

Honestly, I dont even think Trion has any real devs left, just white knights who run around posting on sites/forums that try to dispel the "effort" they put into their projects. If you look at Rift's latest expansion, half the advertised features of it STILL haven't been delivered or were broken/poorly implemented after a year and half of its release. It honestly wouldn't surprise me at this point if the entire company only has 10 people working on all of their games at this point. Its like watching a fish trying to survive on dry land at this point just as the sun is beginning to rise. Only Archeage and Trove seem to be bringing in some substantial gains for them at this point and people can talk about how "good" Rift Prime is for now, even though its only like a month old? What about in 4-5 months? Personally, with all the money I've thrown at Rift in the past, I wouldn't want to see them go under but they are honestly a completely different company now compared to then and sometimes that "favoritism" or whatever you want to call it starts to fade once you notice it.
    BruceYee
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Albatroes said:
    BruceYee said:
    Albatroes said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Honestly, I dont even think Trion has any real devs left, just white knights who run around posting on sites/forums that try to dispel the "effort" they put into their projects. If you look at Rift's latest expansion, half the advertised features of it STILL haven't been delivered or were broken/poorly implemented after a year and half of its release. It honestly wouldn't surprise me at this point if the entire company only has 10 people working on all of their games at this point. Its like watching a fish trying to survive on dry land at this point just as the sun is beginning to rise. Only Archeage and Trove seem to be bringing in some substantial gains for them at this point and people can talk about how "good" Rift Prime is for now, even though its only like a month old? What about in 4-5 months? Personally, with all the money I've thrown at Rift in the past, I wouldn't want to see them go under but they are honestly a completely different company now compared to then and sometimes that "favoritism" or whatever you want to call it starts to fade once you notice it.
    I can name a few bad fish but won't cause it'll summon those people you mentioned.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122

I played for about an hour tonight and the biggest flaw from the original game is still present. 3-4 30 round clips of ammo, fired in short bursts, at the head, to kill a trash mob. Emptying a shotgun at close range and seeing your target lose only half it's HP bar. The level of bullet sponging staggers belief.

This is indeed tiresome and somewhat off putting.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Only $20 to $50, what a bargain!
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• nemoboynemoboy Member CommonPosts: 2
    Not bad
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    "Relaunching" the exact same old game with tiny updates, no new content at all, all the same bugs and pretending it's something new, got to sell the founder packs too. Now they're selling the classes on top, and they've taken out the vehicle reward from the existing game and are selling it in their packs.

People who bought packs in this game with the original name get nothing. Basically another unethical cash grab from Trion, like everything they do.
    Kyleran
  • zanzarothzanzaroth Member UncommonPosts: 40
    what is so special about that Demolitionist that it has its own package and is so expensive?
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Trino really is one of the worst con-companies in the gaming industry, REALLY!

Joke, selling the same game but tagging 2050 on to it LOL. No doubt there will be suckers that buy it.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132
    I am confused . Did they just rename the game . I had played Defiance years ago and now I played 2050 beta its the same , same tutorials , same missions , even I suck at driving like same

How is this new game . I don't remember the graphics of 1st one but this beta graphics are just meh nothing special

so what the new game get our $$$ is that the corporate game

Once I had such respect for Trion but from Archeage it has been downhill
    Kyleran
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I feel bad for the people who originally bought this game. To be treated this way is degrading.
    Chamber of Chains
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Bought the original, entered all 100 codes by hand to unlock stuff.

And now this? I feel dirty.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer