Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Founders Packs Range from $20 to $50 & Are Packed with In-Game Goodies - Defiance 2050 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageFounders Packs Range from $20 to $50 & Are Packed with In-Game Goodies - Defiance 2050 - MMORPG.com

Defiance 2050 News - The Defiance 2050f beta weekend has officially started with new updates to the game as well as a much larger player pool. In addition, Trion has announced a trio of Founder's Packs, two of which are $20 and one for $50. Each comes with a variety of unique in-game goodies that will give aspiring players something to look forward to on launch.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• tannim78tannim78 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Wow....just wow.....lol
    Lazarus71AsheramTacticalZombehNephethAsmodeuXElethonPhloomJeroKaneqoma
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Wonder how many packs they'll sell? I'm thinking about.......7
    Lazarus71CryolitycalPhloomJeroKane
  • tannim78tannim78 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    yeah 7's abo

epoq said:

Wonder how many packs they'll sell? I'm thinking about.......7

yeah sounds rt, all the ones in the office get 1 each...lol
    Phloom
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2018
    that seems to be the next new trend, re-releasing failed games to make the money out of founder packs instead of actual game sales. It's not a new thing, but the trend seems to be getting more common than before.
    Octagon7711ZoeMcCloskeyPhloomThupliJeroKaneinfomatz

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Are they offering anything to people who had the last iteration of the game? As it's pretty much the same game?
    Phloom
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    So if you paid $60 to buy Defiance when it first launched you are not considered a founder and dont get a pack?
    Considering how you cant transfer the stuff you got from the first purchase this is sounding really lame.
    Someone in one of the other Defiance 2050 thread said this sounds like a cash grab and I replied how when its f2p, I guess they were right.
    I also said that I didn't regret buying the first one for $60 at release, this is making me now regret it.
    StjerneoddTacticalZombehAsm0deusZoeMcCloskeyPhloomAgent_JosephThupliJeroKaneinfomatz
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    This is how I picture Trion

tannim78itchmonAsheramTacticalZombehNephethPhloomJeroKaneStr8Hell

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
    SCAM!!!!!
    tannim78GregorMcgregorAsmodeuXPhloomJeroKane

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2018
    Are they offering anything to people who had the last iteration of the game? As it's pretty much the same game?
    they were trying to make you grind the first game and farm some special currency to buy stuff on the new game (or something like that). Somewhat similar to what The Division is doing.

I think that's a hot excuse to not give anything of value to people who purchased the original Defiance.
    ElendengelPhloom

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    This is repugnant stuff.

Anybody who would white knight for Trino at this point, is a nozzle.
    GregorMcgregorTacticalZombehPhloomcheyane
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 542
    I purchased the founders pack for the original game. Got the crate, messenger bag, soundtrack, etc. Now they wanna do another founders pack for the same game years later because their introducing their little patch with classes and new gun customization layout...??? Oh please....
    StjerneoddAsm0deusTacticalZombehNephethPhloomJeroKane

• PartieplayinPartieplayin Member UncommonPosts: 93
    edited April 2018
    Replace destiny & Bungie with defiance or trion lol
    GregorMcgregorLucienReneDeadSpockBruceYeePhloomThuplimastergom
  • kaedian66kaedian66 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Yeah, I'll pass on that whole hot mess thanks. It takes more than an infusion of color to the video palette to entice this guy. The disappointment is real.
    NyteWytchPhloom
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    like i said in another thread...........

Same Shit .. New Cash Shop ....

Go fuck yourself Trion ...
    CryomatrixAsm0deusTacticalZombehNephethPhloomcheyaneJeroKanemastergominfomatz
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    No they are hoping people are naive and will buy the same game twice.
    I still don't think any developer will ever top what DBG did when they took ONE game ..H1Z1 and tried to divide it into 2 parts to sell that one game twice.
    The shallow effort i am seeing time and time again is very sad,developers must see a lot of easy targets to go after,they see a lot of easy money to be made from little effort.It is the same reason i believe so many execs left Blizzard,they saw how easy it was and all want a piece of the pie.
    90% of the game i see going through the news here are not worth a single penny because i would feel bad if i wasted my time playing them.

As to Defiance,i only lasted about 20 minutes and never looked back,i highly doubt Trion would improve the game at all seeing what they have been trying to sell of late,AR and Trove,i see nothing good coming out of Trion.
    Solancer

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    edited April 2018
    What no 200 dollar founders pack..... very surprised
  • GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263
    After what Trion did to Rift, I wouldn't take the game if it was free with bells on!

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Yea i bought the orignal Defiance at Launch to....I really think this is pathetic to sell a package to a game they practically already own...Make a whole new game and sell Founders packs Trion!!!!...The ones who bought the game in the first place are the founders fools!!!!!!!!
    ScorchienAsm0deusLucienRenecheyane
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    They will sell to some degree, and obviously more so than the posted estimates here. It may be a harder sell to PC users than it could have been if there were greater differences displayed between the two than has so far been the case.

Then again, a similarly negative evaluation occurred when Secret World Legends was released, and still oozes out every so often, yet it did better than many expected, and what many of the diehard naysayers will admit to.

It will be interesting to see how things work out with in this case.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Hopefully I wasn't the only one laughing uncontrollably from reading just the title of this article alone. The game is pretty much just a patch to the current game yet these....lol....I can't even finish commenting on this without laughing....oh Trion.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    They will sell to some degree, and obviously more so than the posted estimates here. It may be a harder sell to PC users than it could have been if there were greater differences displayed between the two than has so far been the case.

Then again, a similarly negative evaluation occurred when Secret World Legends was released, and still oozes out every so often, yet it did better than many expected, and what many of the diehard naysayers will admit to.

It will be interesting to see how things work out with in this case.
     If you consider the short term cash grab as success. Currently its a ghost town, people logged in for the new story, played the 4 hours it took to finish the new content and logged off.

I doubt there will be anything more for SWL.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    As someone who payed BEFORE Defiance went f2p I can safely say they can suck it.
    AsheramTacticalZombehLasterbaPhloomcheyaneScorchieninfomatz

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited April 2018
    And what about those who own the previous version or rather the collectors edition?

I Don't believe the game was fully re-made on a new game engine and everything.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771
    I never played the original, however, I can only imagine.

The production quality is horrible compared to other F2p games.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • oriya9oriya9 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    You have got to be kidding me. Wow.
    Haha this is so low it's actually funny.