Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WWO Leaving Early Access & Ready for Steam Launch on May 10th - Wild West Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageWWO Leaving Early Access & Ready for Steam Launch on May 10th - Wild West Online - MMORPG.com

Wild West Online News - The Wild West Online team has announced that players should "get ready to tame the West" with the full retail release on Steam on May 10th. According to the press announcement, the WWO launch will include a slew of new features, most implemented and tuned thanks to community feedback.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    May 10th 2018? So early? I thought this title was in need of a lot of work.
    TnTizzAlbatroes[Deleted User]PhryAgent_Josephmgilbrtsn
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    JamesGoblin

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    What?

How is this even real. This screams that they are either hurting for money or trying to move onto another game. 

Don't they have issues already implementing patches, which requires a 24+ hours of downtime just to put a patch into the server? That last big patch took like a week to put onto the servers.

Also watching gameplay it is still extremely buggy and has a multitude of issues. 

This is really sketchy to me. It seriously is giving Sergey Titov vibes, even if he isn't directly associated with development. 
    [Deleted User]DrunkWolfValdheimPhry
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Something tells me it's going to be WarZ/Infestation in the Wild West
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    The last time I played this game, it was nowhere near ready. Something feels off about this.
    Signex[Deleted User]Alpiusysn888KyleranSamhaelValdheimPhryAsheram
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Seems like every other game these days, lets see how much we can promise to get money and how little we can produce and then charge even more.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

The last time I played this game, it was nowhere near ready. Something feels off about this.

Feels like they just gave up tbh and just want to get what they can before something like Bless picks up people.
  • zigalucardzigalucard Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Here we go....
    *grabs popcorn*
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Wasn't than an hour ago?!?!?!?
    Phry
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    Sovrath said:
    Wasn't than an hour ago?!?!?!?
    It definitely wasn't "We've had enough time to work out all the bugs and have finished the game now" ago...
    Panther2103SovrathWellspringJemAs666tinoberserkSamhaelinfomatzValdheimPhryAsheram
  • PartieplayinPartieplayin Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Was hoping this would be a fun open world mmo . But after reading the comments above I'm going to berry cautious before spending any money. Best to wait for steam reviews I guess at this point.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Most people expected this would happen.
    KyleranPhry
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    this is an april fool, ah...no... this is not serious...
    JamesGoblin
  • bigcrackerbigcracker Member UncommonPosts: 87
    If it looks like Sergey Titov
    If it sounds like Sergey Titov
    If it plays like a game made by Sergey Titov
    Its most likely Sergey Titov.
    Slapshot1188zigalucardKyleranSamhaelPhry
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Just reading the article headline, I thought the exact same thing as everyone else -- It seems much too soon to be launching.
    --------------------------------------------
  • CapodecinaCapodecina Member UncommonPosts: 30
    This Game clearly exploits two vulnerabilities. 1) Read Dead Redemtion 2 No PC release 2) Westworld HBO Hype
    It will be a buggy disaster and a fast money grab.
    Of course i bought it anyway but i have bought worst (De2tiny and Battlefron 2 ) at least this time i know what i waa getting into. :)
    zigalucard
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Sounds like they're trying to get a foothold in before RDR2. Sadly this isn't the way to do it. If it's a mess, people will just write it off and once Red Dead comes out, there won't be a second chance.
    That it's a PC title might help a little... but if it's bad...
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    It always sounded like a scam.  Coming out of no where last year with a promised delivery date before years end. 

Adding female characters at a later point, slipping of dates,  tricks around the alpha refund promises and ties to Sergy of course.

pantaroJamesGoblinAsheramIselininfomatzPhry

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Kyleran said:
    It always sounded like a scam.  Coming out of no where last year with a promised delivery date before years end. 

Adding female characters at a later point, slipping of dates,  tricks around the alpha refund promises and ties to Sergy of course.

It looks like an exit strategy, think SotA: They took all the money then they launched the game something, so they can say "OK we did what we could" and start hyping the next thing.

The funny part is that they'll be able to get away with it, and then do it again.
    Kyleran
     W...aaagh?
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Wild West means ain't no rules pardner.

If those bandits feel like moseying into town and pullin one over on the townsfolk, then they'll damn well get away with it unless there's a gunslinger feeling like a hero.

It's called fools gold fer a reason.

JamesGoblinPanserbjorne39PhryAsheram
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    JamesGoblininfomatzPhrycheyane
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Just replace the "I'm calling with Microsoft" with "I am definitely not Sergey Titov. In fact I am anyone except Sergey Titov"

JamesGoblinBruceYeePhryAsheram
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176

Might be a good market since the success of Westwood on HBO :)

Don't forget Deadwood, also.
    [Deleted User]
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Already wah that was fast.
    Chamber of Chains
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I haven't heard too much positive for this one.  That is saying something, since the genre could use something out of the normal sci-fi/fantasy realm.  I'd much rather they put up with the delay complaint than the too early complaint.

I self identify as a monkey.