Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers can't handle player load

Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247
Keep getting booted from server during prime time when i play in off times when server has few players works perfect any time there are multiple instances running POOF lag city and disconnects i play 6 other mmo no issues on any of them.

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    If this is the case, they have perhaps reduced the number of servers.  The game has handled the load since middle earth was young and Sauran was a little tike.
    Sovrath[Deleted User]Waan

I self identify as a monkey.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    LoTRO doesnt have anywhere near the amount of players they used to have.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I have not played for a bit but this never happened with multiple phases.  Maybe something has been changed on their end.  That would be too bad.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    There were hiccups in the last couple weeks (since they've added new stuff at the start of April), and I guess the increased player count -and server load- for the Anniversary magnified those issues. Yesterday there were unannounced short restarts on multiple servers, but apparently that's just a quick band-aid...

Tomorrow there will be a 4 hours long maintenance for the performance problems. Until then, I'd suggest to skip the race tracks :wink:  nothing's more frustrating than making the jump on the plank, riding forward, then a stutter, and the game loads you back - into the mire...
    angerbeaver[Deleted User]
  • cormachcormach Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I've played over the last couple weeks, during morning, afternoons, and evenings, and not had any of the problems you are talking about. 

I've been getting a little more lag in Bree than normal, but there's a lot more people there right now than normal. Even with a little more lag, I've never been disconnected.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Likewise I haven't noticed any problems.. maybe some lag here and there but no disconnects.

..Cake..

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Bree of course always sucks, but I've never had any of the problems the OP seems to.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    LoTRO doesnt have anywhere near the amount of players they used to have.

Especially not now that they've made the maintenance mode announcement.
    NeblessSevenwindSovrath
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Maintenance mode? Where? :smiley:
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Not getting disconnected, but lag in Bree is very heavy. Fireworks area is almost a nightmare, fountain area (letters picking) - too. If you avoid those areas - you should be fine.
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Especially not now that they've made the maintenance mode announcement.
    Interesting Maintenance Mode when they keep putting out new content.
    GR3NDELSevenwind

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Any changes alongside bad coding implementing changes can occur,i notice it big time with Blizzard and Hearthstone, the game often becomes a crawl after an update.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ThanatosXRSThanatosXRS Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    its not the server, go to your pref file in my documents change connection speed ,its in kbps, just set it at 5000.