Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Consortya Development Continues - Idea Fame Pitch

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Consortya Development Continues - Idea Fame Pitch

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Good luck, but this seems like a bad game wrapped around an even worse idea. At least it says it's an MMO though AMIRITE?

Sincerely,
    Former Minion of Evil Record Empire
    gandalf458
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • gandalf458gandalf458 Member CommonPosts: 6
    edited April 2018

Good luck, but this seems like a bad game wrapped around an even worse idea. At least it says it's an MMO though AMIRITE?

Sincerely,

If I can do this without any funding, imagine what could be done with some actual money. I'm a one man studio pouring my heart and soul into this. I'd love to hear some of your ideas and hear how we can make sure that, as we build this, we hit the mark with what you would like to see in this game. You can be a part of the community. Discord group coming soon.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited April 2018

Sincerely,

If I can do this without any funding, imagine what could be done with some actual money. I'm a one man studio pouring my heart and soul into this. I'd love to hear some of your ideas and hear how we can make sure that, as we build this, we hit the mark with what you would like to see in this game. You can be a part of the community. Discord group coming soon.

Live music performance is still pretty popular in Second Life and there are venues for it. Some of the performers I have heard when I checked it out are pretty good, and most perform in the real world to some extent. SL is kinda of like a hobby for them where they can make tips ect.

They have set dates and times so they aren't always active when you randomly pop in. It may sound strange but I would look there if you haven't to see if anyone is willing to pitch in any ideas or help. That particular community within SL is actually pretty decent and helpful. http://secondlife.com/destinations/music/livemusic

Good luck.

Check out these videos if you are interested. They discuss why they enjoy performing on a virtual platform. One of the things that keeps most folks out of is is the complexity, and strangeness of it. If you can create a better and easier to use platform than SL then it might actually work.

gandalf458
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Thanks @Tiller. I'm going to look through those videos and the second life portals. It looks like Second Life's music has grown a lot since the last time I checked in on it around 2012. We did have a group called "They Stole My Crayon" perform a test concert in Consortya a while back, and one of their members has performed in Second Life multiple times. You're reminding me that I need to reach back out and talk to him. Have you participated in some of these shows too?
    @FlyByKnight Of course the Qualmish Empire never wants the good guys to win. Love the signature. :)
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Thanks @Tiller. I'm going to look through those videos and the second life portals. It looks like Second Life's music has grown a lot since the last time I checked in on it around 2012. We did have a group called "They Stole My Crayon" perform a test concert in Consortya a while back, and one of their members has performed in Second Life multiple times. You're reminding me that I need to reach back out and talk to him. Have you participated in some of these shows too?
    I haven't kept up much on those live music venues in a while myself, and it looks like there are plenty of new ones so I may check a few out again. Most times I just go to the various clubs and idle, listen to a live DJ stream some type of house or EDM on my laptop while I play other games. There are a lot of skilled DJs there too, in fact I really only log into SL is for the music. I think the idea of an interactive music experience you can share with others, chat ect is why it's still so popular in SL and for most (beyond building), is the most common activity.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited April 2018
    @Tiller That's pretty cool to hear how you use it. I've imagined people might want to idle there on the job or while playing another game. I have a lot of ideas and plans for how this can be so different from SL that most people won't make a comparison. For that reason, I've never really played SL. I just watched a friend when we found that amphitheater. I'm trying to craft this whole world from my own thoughts and ideas, but my thoughts are influenced by games like WOW, ESO, and Diablo 3.
    Tiller