Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maelstrom - Battle Royale on the High Seas - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageMaelstrom - Battle Royale on the High Seas - MMORPG.com

Do you love Fortnite? Can’t scratch that itch for Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds? Ever wish it was more… pirate-y? Well here comes Maelstrom with its unique naval warfare system where you play against other players as well as monsters. You are pitted against other enemy players and the zone shrinks on you as you play, however, in this game when you get caught outside the zone you are at risk of a giant leviathan destroying your ship.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Is there anyway to try this game before purchasing?
    I saw someone playing it the other day and it looked pretty awesome... but I'd like a first hand experience before I buy.

Bring back demos plz! :(

..Cake..

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    The game is fun, but there is only one problem this game has (Cheaters) basically early during the day its usually great fun, get to night time you got people who start teleporting around basically after u fire ur cannons someone has already teleported like a couple of feet ahead and things miss either its cheating, or people with really shitty ISP's in the game but still cheating and messing with legitimate players in the game.

The game needs Region Locks, and Ping Limits not above 150 at max in order to play on release because its annoying.
    kinkyJalepeno
  • KaliGoldKaliGold Member UncommonPosts: 130
    Reminds me of the MOBA craze a few years back. I cant wait to see what other battle royale games come out in the future. Most of them will fail of course.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

KaliGold said:

Reminds me of the MOBA craze a few years back. I cant wait to see what other battle royale games come out in the future. Most of them will fail of course.

It's the same thing as the MOBA crazy, and the MMO craze before that, and the WW2 game craze before that. It will happen when any game gets huge, every developer wants a piece of the cake.

The kind of BR I really want is a super hero BR. I don't think it would work, but I can't even fathom how much fun I would have swinging around on webs as a spider man type hero while taking out other superheroes in a FFA.
    BillMurphy
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    I will always find it funny when these companies make their own version of "insert genre craze here" and yet have the balls to slap a price on it when their main competition is either cheaper or free.
  • KlaelDemonKlaelDemon Member UncommonPosts: 2

Asch126 said:

I will always find it funny when these companies make their own version of "insert genre craze here" and yet have the balls to slap a price on it when their main competition is either cheaper or free.

Haha, yeah, isn't it crazy when someone creates a game in the same genre with a different monetization model? How dare they not also make their game free.
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Archeage is the first MMO introduce maelstrom naval arena I guess.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    edited April 2018

Asch126 said:

Haha, yeah, isn't it crazy when someone creates a game in the same genre with a different monetization model? How dare they not also make their game free.

The point was that barely anyone would buy this when they can buy the far more popular and populated PUBG or play Fortnite for free. Seems that point flew riiiiiiiiiiiiight pass you in an attempt to look cool online.