Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fun, great graphics, not twitchy?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Hey guys,

I finally got a new desktop PC with decent specs.  I'd like to try something for a change that has great graphics (I've been stuck on ancient MMOs and MUDs for a while now), fun gameplay, but not something like a FPS that is super reflex-based and fast-paced.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
JeffSpicoli

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    FF14
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I got nothing...mmorpgs our currently experiencing something akin to the black plague...
    francis3343

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Oooops, I should have specified:  Looking for any kind of game, not just MMOs!
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    if you like single player games there is lots to choose. Kingdom Come Deliverance is actually very fun.

if you are looking for a multiplayer type game.....can't think of anything. all new mmos are super twitchy, super flashy, super boring. good luck
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited April 2018
    In taht case ill give ya few off the beaten path ..

The Hunter .. great game .. very immersive ..

https://store.steampowered.com/app/518790/theHunter_Call_of_the_Wild/

Battletech ... new and awesome TBS Mech battles..

https://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BATTLETECH/

Mordheim .. very deep squad based TBS set in the Warhammer world ..

https://store.steampowered.com/app/276810/Mordheim_City_of_the_Damned/

Regicide .. another great TBS from Warhammer 40k this time .. beautful gory stragtegy on a chessboard ..

https://store.steampowered.com/app/322910/Warhammer_40000_Regicide/

More from Warhammer universe .. If you like American Football and Warhammer this one should not be missed .. to much fuggin fun ..

https://store.steampowered.com/app/236690/Blood_Bowl_2/

Great, thanks guys!  Awesome, I didn't know Battletech had released.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Try out Star Citizen, should be out in the next 20yrs.
    ceratop001
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I as well think  FF14  would be a good choice if your looking for a good subscription based MMO.
    edited April 2018
    I loved most of FF14 when I played it, but what really got me was the need to repeat the same dungeons and encounters over and over on different difficulties.  Have they done away with that at all?

Hmm, interested in FF14 again, now.  Going to ask this in the forum.
    Post edited by MightyUnclean on
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited April 2018
    @Scorchien Id have to agree Hunter Call of the Wild is a great game if you are looking to push your hardware and enjoy a relaxed chill game . Gorgeous environments and very rewarding gameplay. Its not a arcade hunter, Iv hiked for 20-30 minutes ingame before finally getting a kill but the scenery is so life like and realistic you dont mind, Very relaxing game, Im pretty sure its on sale on steam for 20 bucks right now

@Scorchien Bloodbowl 2 is another one of my favorites although it wont push your hardware its a amazing game. Like football/sports & Xcom gameplay in a Warhammer setting? If you answered yes this is a MUST BUY

Elite Dangerous is another great game if you dont mind the learning curve of learning to fly

I also recommend checking out something like Batman Arkham city, Great action game with some serious Eyecandy especially if you have a Nvidia card , I think from what i remember with Nvidia you can turn on all the bells and whistles graphically 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited April 2018
    I loved most of FF14 when I played it, but what really got me was the need to repeat the same dungeons and encounters over and over on different difficulties.  Have they done away with that at all?

Hmm, interested in FF14 again, now.  Going to ask this in the forum.
    The different difficulties in FFXIV had completely different mobs and mechanics. 

Try Path of Exile.
    Chamber of Chains
  • malikhigh1978malikhigh1978 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    If you are looking for games with wonderful replay value, I would recommend some of the survival multi-player games. Ark - Survival Evolved has multiple maps, and such a large mod community, the mods even outweigh official content. Another is Conan Exiles, which is launching on the 8th. Both games allow you to build massive superstructures, and raid other clans/tribes for either dominance, resources, or, just because you are bored and want to blow stuff up.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Black Desert, and take it slow. Real slow.