Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Fractured MMO Pre-Alpha Gameplay Features 'Hike & Slash' Action

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Fractured MMO Pre-Alpha Gameplay Features 'Hike & Slash' Action

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

jatz3000

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    This looks like it could be fun. I like the fact that friendly players can accidentally hit each other.

I'd really like to play a Diablo-style hack-n-slash, but in a full-blown MMO world with housing / World PvP etc.
    BillMurphyAlomar
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Cute, love the art & fancy concept! Just, I am afraid they'll need much more money than that - much, MUCH more. Like, a couple orders of magnitude up.
    jatz3000
     W...aaagh?
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Definitely keen to see this one.
    Tokken

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Dauzqul said:

This looks like it could be fun. I like the fact that friendly players can accidentally hit each other.

I'd really like to play a Diablo-style hack-n-slash, but in a full-blown MMO world with housing / World PvP etc.

I remember how the communities in Diablo 1-2 weren't as toxic as games are these days. Open world PvP was fun, even if it was just a competition between who had the best trainer. No one complained, no one threatened to kill you family, things were relatively normal. Either society has taken a nose dive, or it's a generational issue. Either way this game looks fun, but when you add players to the mix I imagine it will become just as toxic as the rest.
    DauzqulqomaRemyVorender
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Art style kind of looks like top down Guild Wars 1, which is intriguing as GW was my first mmo I ever played and loved it. Played it a ton more than GW 2.
    Thupli
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Cute, love the art & fancy concept! Just, I am afraid they'll need much more money than that - much, MUCH more. Like, a couple orders of magnitude up.

They are using the unity engine. There are COUNTLESS environment model packs and assets. Thousands. No idea why they would need more than 10k to launch this. The only real reason could be that they want to quit their day jobs and pursue this full-time, which is certainly fair, IMO.
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    this looks like it could be really good!
  • Rockinw311Rockinw311 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    was kind of interested until they released info about their pvp system. it's not for me.

Link to their info so you can decide for yourself:
    https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-6-pvp-alignment-crime/
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Dauzqul said:

I'm pretty sure Lost Ark is going to be doing all of that, Also Project TL.

Ages away from those games coming out but nonetheless.
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited April 2018
    Fractured team is what used to be "The Repopulation"?
    Asking cause I remember they did a "fractured" survival game and also because I supported The Repopulation early in development, so I would assume if these are the same guys I suppose I should be counted as a supporter and should have an account for future testing.

Edit: So The Repopulation is still being developed, so I got my answer. Not the same guys.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited April 2018
    Fractured team is what used to be "the repopulation"?
    Asking cause I remember they did a "fractured" survival game and also because I supported The Repopulation early in development, so I would assume if these are the same guys I suppose I should be counted as a supporter and should have an account for future testing.
    No that was Fragmented, this is a totally different team. You still should have fragmented in your steam account that you supported The Repopulation on, but I am pretty sure it is as dead in the water as TR is.
    Xingbairong
  • evolgrinzevolgrinz Member UncommonPosts: 151
    All the games I seen that try to mix PvE in an open world PvP environment have failed.
    That is why most games have different servers to split them.
    The ideas to mix them together in Fractured sounds promising, but I am sure players will find loopholes in the mechanics.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    To echo some other posters comments, this does look interesting.
    Kind of early though so I'll wait until I see more or get to try it before I get too excited.

..Cake..

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

Asheram said:

Fractured team is what used to be "the repopulation"?

No that was Fragmented, this is a totally different team. You still should have fragmented in your steam account that you supported The Repopulation on, but I am pretty sure it is as dead in the water as TR is.

Yeah you are right it's fragmented lol, fractured, fragmented talk about lack of ideas for names :P.

Also when I checked TR earlier there was an april update post, but didn't read it. Still from what I see they are working on it and I think they might've started from scratch, so it's going to be a while before any playable game is available.
    Asheram
  • EsobaEsoba Member UncommonPosts: 16
    If anything else I'll say that the video grabbed my attention. I'll definitely be paying closer attention to this as it moves forward.
  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    Glad to see it progressing However there asking amount for Kickstarter is way too high and hope their monsters are a bit more interesting then wolves.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing