Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Noob question about the game and pvp

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
Hi, im desperately looking for a good mmorpg to keep me busy.

I admit I never tried ff, but I keep seeing its good reviews

How is the state of the game? high population? are there multiple severs or how do they manage the playerbase?

Also I need my dose of pvp, how is the pvp in the game if any? can I level up by doing pvp?

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    The games population is great but I would look at the population status on the servers when you select one as some are more populated than others, there are multiple servers and they are grouped together in different server groups for Duty Finder and PvP (to make queues faster). 

The PvP is there, and there are a couple of modes, unfortunately the game is still majorly a PvE focused game, so PvP may be a little neglected in patches, but it is getting better and getting more PvP modes. It used to actually be the fastest way to level up, but I think that got nerfed a little in previous updates. 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Population is very high. You don't even need to worry about population. Just find out which server best suits you though because the playerbases tend to be quite specific.. such as on EU, Odin is a raid server, Phoenix is a community/crafting server. Obviously there's raiding and crafting on all servers but people tend to move to the one where their greatest interest is.

New players can't go wrong with the recommended servers though, as long you are aware that you will probably want to move servers eventually if you play long term, which you can do for free on rotation depending on server population.

PvP is a strong development focus at the moment, they've been adding a lot to it, and it plays quite differently to the PvE game, at least in terms of the skills you have available. 

The PvP is above average and, because of the longer global cooldown in the game, you don't feel like you ran into a crowd and got destroyed. You have time to react.

The best thing about the game is the PvE story, mainly starting at the expansion content. The expansions are so vast that they could have probably been released at their own Final Fantasy games.

It is definitely a good MMO but you need to remember that the base game, while generally being 'ok', is no where near as good as the expansions.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    PvP is total crap, PvE is WoW with some FF flare.