Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netflix Series Producer Confirms 8-Episode Season to Possibly Debut in 2020 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hu

2»

Comments

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 16,875
    Nothing is as simple as news articles and forum blurbs make them out to be. So in the spirit of keeping it simple. We wouldn't even be having this discussion without the contribution from CD Projeckt Red. End of story.

A lot of authors will never get this opportunity let alone those who remain informally published.
    silent protagonist, dirty mmo gamer, filthy casual
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 24,624
    Torval said:
    Nothing is as simple as news articles and forum blurbs make them out to be. So in the spirit of keeping it simple. We wouldn't even be having this discussion without the contribution from CD Projeckt Red. End of story.

A lot of authors will never get this opportunity let alone those who remain informally published.
    I have to admit, I never heard of the stories outside the video game.

• ScotScot Member EpicPosts: 8,183
    Avarix said:

Scot said:

Xasapis said:

Complaining about Witcher being gender locked makes as much sense as complaining about Lara Croft being gender locked.

On topic, I find it a bit disappointed that they ended up with just 8 episodes two years from now. I was hoping for more.

There was a time twenty years ago when a series was 20+ episodes, now its 10+ episodes I do wonder how many years before a series is 5+ episodes?

I find myself preferring the shorter episode seasons. Take something like Sherlock. It's able to tell amazing stories start to finish with only 3 episodes, in under 6hrs. Now take something like Castle. It's 95% stand alone story that has no continuation with the rest of the season. With Castle you get 1 episode, the first of the season, one in the middle to keep you going, and the finale that contains actual story and character development. The rest of those 15+hrs each season is formulaic and forgettable. I wouldn't mind the long 20+ episode seasons if they were actually worth watching. Most episodes though contain less than 30secs of carrot each episode to keep you going until winter break and then the finale.

Looking forward to The Witcher series. Just wish it was here sooner. I thought it was already in production and making it's way to the platform soon.
    Some fair points about series becoming shorter not being a concern, I take the point of quality over quantity, that's bound to be good. But what it shows is studios have become less confident they can make a success. When you do something new, something original a series needs time to breath to catch on, ten episodes can be too short of that.

We are in what has been called a golden era for TV, but it also creates an environment were the first episode must grab you, a slow burner is a hard sell.
    Avarix

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P