Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CIG Buying PCs For Their Streamers

13»

Comments

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    I generally assume someone streaming a game is more or less a fan rather than an impartial reviewer.
    I've seen streamers give up on a game because they don't like it or think it is bad and give their reasons why.
    There are always streamers that just give their opinion if it is a bad one (but are probably not given a lot of free stuff from developers because of that :p )

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited April 2018
    When a company constantly begs for money, constantly pushes back its deliverable date, and then starts using that money to give gifts then some may be concerned. Just not you, or any of the fans. 
    Hah seems @Erillion was right, dodge any countering my argumentation so the propaganda shall continue, then blame us for now seeing this "bigger truths" we should be concerned about, hmmm  ;)
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    edited April 2018
    Hashbrick said:
    You guys can argue about anything can't you?  At the end of the brass tax, who gives a shit? How does any of this matter for the game, it's just some douchebags bragging about getting some shit for free from sponsors.  What's new?
    When a company constantly begs for money, constantly pushes back its deliverable date, and then starts using that money to give gifts then some may be concerned. Just not you, or any of the fans. 

I wasn't aware they were begging for money I was under the impression that their money waterfall never stops as fans pour more and more for each ship release to be the best in the suppose galaxy that some day might see the light of day...

I don't advocate for the game, I reserve my judgement of how this is all going to play out.  However the same 4-5 guys just argue about the stupidest shit in this forum.

When there is sponsored giveaways or payaways as I like to call them.  Especially to streamers, it usually works by a bunch of companies getting together to donate their part. I doubt CIG had a huge part financially in this if any at all. Intel wants to be mentioned and imaged to the game and the pc builder just wants to be mentioned regardless of what it is. CIG want's to be tied to both.  It's called marketing and it works. 
    MaxBaconBabuinix
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
    edited April 2018
    Hashbrick said:
     Especially to streamers, it usually works by a bunch of companies getting together to donate their part. I doubt CIG had a huge part financially in this if any at all. Intel wants to be mentioned and imaged to the game and the pc builder just wants to be mentioned regardless of what it is. CIG want's to be tied to both.  It's called marketing and it works. 
    Exactly, it ain't hard to understand, this is Intel promoting its last products, the i9, and the Octane as shown in the sponsored tweets, it gets quite easy to figure out where is the sponsorship coming from.

Hint: Intel.

In fact Intel is giving away high-end PCs themselves: https://rigchallenge.intel.com/
    If it wasn't obvious enough for some, the store the streamer tweet mentions is there listed.
    HashbrickErillion
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Hashbrick said:
    I don't advocate for the game, I reserve my judgement of how this is all going to play out.  However the same 4-5 guys just argue about the stupidest shit in this forum.
    It's a coping mechanics to deal with the frustration of seeing Star Citizen being continuously developed and funded.

We are dealing with a mix of Angry Gamers and envious Elite Fanboys mostly.

CIG success and Star Citizen ongoing development is an ongoing thorn in their side and every milestone reached, every update, every ship, every feature, every $million backed prolongs the agony.

And it's early days really, best is yet to come lol
    HashbrickaugustgraceErillionrpmcmurphyOrinori
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    MaxBacon said:
    Vrika said:
    The streamers just told you so. CIG, Intel and a PC company together are gifting away new PCs to them.

It's unlikely that we'd ever get to know which company pitched in how much of the new PC, something like this is a joint marketing effort where they share the costs and share the media attention they'll gain.
    Intel is running a new campaign, CIG and Intel are partners, the same way Intel has given CIG Octanes (and I think CIG has given away Octanes as well last Citcon), so if CIG pitched with the Octanes to be part of the campaign, it's quite ridiculous to go there claiming the company is buying PCs for streamers.
    What makes you think that CIG pitched with Optanes for the campaign?

This is the picture used by one of the streamers. Does this look like RSI was a minor sponsor giving only an Optane to the rig with I9 processor and GTX 1080 Ti?

edited April 2018
    Vrika said:

This is the picture used by one of the streamers. Does this look like RSI was a minor sponsor giving only an Optane to the rig with I9 processor and GTX 1080 Ti?

Actually I don't, I think they got involved as they are partners with Intel, not by being the sponsors, as shown on this page:

https://rigchallenge.intel.com/

As I said in my previous post, if it isn't obvious enough, see that both the SC streamers sponsored tweet mentions 2 different shops PART of that Intel Campaign where Intel is giving away high-end PCs.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Shit. And all this time I've been sneering at the whole streaming phenomenon. I wonder if its too late to jump on the bandwagon and get free stuff.
    It is never too late to jump onto the METOO bandwagon.

Have fun
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Babuinix said:
    Hashbrick said:
    It's a coping mechanics to deal with the frustration of seeing Star Citizen being continuously developed and funded.

We are dealing with a mix of Angry Gamers and envious Elite Fanboys mostly.

CIG success and Star Citizen ongoing development is an ongoing thorn in their side and every milestone reached, every update, every ship, every feature, every $million backed prolongs the agony.

And it's early days really, best is yet to come lol
    LOL, Baby Trump is back.

Going for the low reaching divisive tribalism this time.

Babuinix
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    edited April 2018
    A little version of the leader of the free world you say? Is this the best insult(?) you could come up with or are we in a rush today!

Pretty sure politics is against forum rules btw!
    rpmcmurphyBabuinix
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Orinori said:
    A little version of the leader of the free world you say? Is this the best insult(?) you could come up with or are we in a rush today!

Not even meant to be an insult, just an observation with his style of postings and #FAKENEWS hash tagging. It makes me laugh because of how absurd it is.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited April 2018
    Orinori said:

Not even meant to be an insult, just an observation with his style of postings and #FAKENEWS hash tagging. It makes me laugh because of how absurd it is.
    I didin't use a #fakenews hash tag for a reason... :wink:

I guess that the irony like most of Star Citizen development it flew right over your head. :smiley:
    Post edited by Babuinix on
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    The thing is, whether or not CIG paid for the full computer, a single part, or bottled Chris Robert's farts and then released them inside the case and then slapped a CIG sticker on it, this is a marketing move.

Companies don't just give crap away for free for no reason. If they are plastering their name on a streamer's computer it's so the Streamer will do exactly what they did. Talk about their game and company and get the name out there.

Marketing takes money. If they didn't feel the exposure was worth the price they wouldn't have done it. If you don't trust that CIG is making good decisions with the money given you don't give it to them. But nobody has the right to tell them what they can and can't do as marketing ploys because they gave them money, and certainly nobody has the right when they haven't given them a dime like half the people white knighting for the idiots who want refunds here.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    MaxBacon said:
    Vrika said:

Actually I don't, I think they got involved as they are partners with Intel, not by being the sponsors, as shown on this page:

https://rigchallenge.intel.com/

As I said in my previous post, if it isn't obvious enough, see that both the SC streamers sponsored tweet mentions 2 different shops PART of that Intel Campaign where Intel is giving away high-end PCs.
    True, it's also possible that CIG did not pay money for those streamer's PCs because they paid with free copies of Star Citizen that are being distributed with Optanes.

edited April 2018
    Vrika said:
    True, it's also possible that CIG did not pay money for those streamer's PCs because they paid with free copies of Star Citizen that are being distributed with Optanes.
    As seen their recent tweet it gets clear Intel and the Shop were the sponsors, likely the shop directly tied to Intel there seeing the rig challenge promo.

And over that they're doing now giving away one Octane, sponsored by Intel:

So if ya ask me CIG is making use of the perks of being a partner with Intel, they sponsor stuff in return for this sort of advertising. Now sad me no chance of competing when it comes to screenshots, :expressionless: