Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arcane Waters - What Is Arcane Waters? (Sponsored) - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcane Waters - What Is Arcane Waters? (Sponsored) - MMORPG.com

Arcane Waters is an upcoming F2P fantasy sea-faring MMORPG from the one-man studio known as Final Forge. Mike --- has been working on the game, with the help of some freelance artists, composers, and the like for several years now. A hybrid blend of action RPG on water and turn-based combat on land, with classic pixel art, you’ve probably never seen anything quite like Arcane Waters.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    edited April 2018
    Why am I seeing the SNES Game Uncharted Waters New Horizons here?
    Quizzical
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    Always looking to help out a 1 man studio, wish him the best of luck and signed up for the Beta...
    WellspringmgilbrtsnqomaManasu
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

danwest58 said:

Why am I seeing the SNES Game Uncharted Waters New Horizons here?

Wow that does look incredibly similar.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Looks interesting. I will at least give it a shake in beta.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    If this was around 20 years ago i'd play it but not in 2018.I have a few hours a day to game,i am not wasting it on Indie gaming when i have a hundred better options.
    ZenJelly

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

Wizardry said:

If this was around 20 years ago i'd play it but not in 2018.I have a few hours a day to game,i am not wasting it on Indie gaming when i have a hundred better options.

That's a good way to miss out on a ton of innovative games with good stories and fun game play.
    [Deleted User]qomaManasu
  • odiasudaodiasuda Member UncommonPosts: 162

Wizardry said:

Yeah, save those few hours for AAA games that take no design risks, use wholly recycled game play mechanics, and push loot boxes that are integrated into the progression, so you end up spending $100 or more. Gotta love 2018!

What's so innovative about yet another retro game?
    ZenJelly
  • tremererertremererer Member UncommonPosts: 10
    edited April 2018
    solo dev doing mmorpg, he has some balls yyy
    ZenJelly
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Wizardry said:

What are those "hundred better options" anyway? You seem to think that everything that has happened after the release of FFXI is garbage.
    [Deleted User]
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Saw this awhile back. If it sees the light of day would be one of those small community slow updates type of games. Looks interesting enough to have a quick look.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Wizardry said:
    Yet you spend your time here trolling  :*
    ManasuZenJellyTacticalZombeh
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242

Wizardry said:

Yet you spend your time here trolling  :*

He really isn't trolling... I've come here for years, he's always everywhere doing the same thing he always does :p

This game looks cosy, I'm a sucker for pixel games :) Signed up for myself & friends