Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Executive Producer Addresses Class Balance, PvP, Progression & the Vision of Change

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageExecutive Producer Addresses Class Balance, PvP, Progression & the Vision of Change - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Online News - The latest Black Desert Online community producer's letter has been published that contains a wide variety of information about recent missteps by the development team with regard to communication with the player base, as well as information about how development will be moving forward. Several key issues of concern from the community are addressed including PvP, progression, class balance and upcoming changes to the Node/Conquest system.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    um good? Make it so.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    hmm .. how about making PVE have even the tiniest inkling of challenge to it .. Not the current easy-mode faceroll system we have now that even Hellen Keller could navigate with a brail keyboard .. Just put her in a spot and repeat this sequence till your fingers bleed ..
    ElethonEclypseLife2v
  • Rudedawg007Rudedawg007 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I stopped playing this game last year when I hit level 56 on 4 different characters.

For me after level 56 any fun in the game became like a second job.

Brutal.
    RadooAlomarEclypsechojin2kdarkopexOzmodan
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    This game has two combat modes, powerful or weak. Nothing in between.

You either facemelt everything you touch or you get facemelted.
    You either kill everything in one hit, or you wack at it like you are beating something with a water noodle.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    DMKano said:

I stopped playing this game last year when I hit level 56 on 4 different characters.

For me after level 56 any fun in the game became like a second job.

Brutal.

The soft cap has been raised to 60. Leveling from 56-60 is a lot easier now.
    To be fair, getting to 58 was actually fairly easy particularly with the new crystals, the amount of xp you get from grinding at Bashims was fairly respectable. :)
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    I still enjoy the game once in a whlie but the feeling of some achievement is long gone. I just do my daily grinding and afk fish. Theres just really nothing to look forward to for me. Not to mention its hard to play with the constant 1/2 to 1 second frame rate drops. Hell ill have drops sometime where the sound even cuts. Fighting, fishing at the trader makes no difference.
    Alomarchojin2k

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    How about lowering your damn cash shop prices a bit. 30 bucks for an outfit is a bit rediculouse
    setsua28chojin2kmarganculosLife2vUNH0LYEV1L

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    these devs are so completely out of touch and incompetent to the point of becoming comical.
    "we widened the gear gap between players to reduce the gear gap between players" is how you would translate the renown system. this is just ludicrous and mindblowing.
    and all of these gear disparity issues have been added while the balance between classes is still in shambles since awakening was implemented years ago.
    truly (and sadly) hopeless.
    chojin2k
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    pvp in a rpg ...lol
    Balanced ...lol

Who are they trying to fool?
    When i saw that one hole left open to incorporate rmt ,i knew right away not to trust this developer or at least some of it's employees.
    "fingers bleed" no thanks,that combat system is the dumbest one i have ever seen,i have never looked back and only wish i had never bought the game knowing that KR game design has always been bad and until i see changes or a sing of,they will continue to be bad.
    IDK how it all started,maybe they got the idea of spammy ARPG type gaming from Blizzard,maybe from the early Diablo days,idk where or why but it is really bad game designs.
    chojin2kLife2v

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    After tears of waiting on fix this fucking game is finally uninstalled.
    chojin2k
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    What makes this game so popular? Boredom?
    chojin2kLife2v
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    edited April 2018

What makes this game so popular? Boredom?

it is the best 'what if' mmorpg ever.
    what if the devs weren't completely dumb ?
    what if classes were balanced ?
    what if the cash shop wasn't so horribly pay to win and expensive ?
    what if all these layers of stupid RNG progression weren't there ?

you'd have an amazing game if all of these things were fixed.

at the end of the day, it is a decent game in a sea of terrible to average games but it's got some pretty damn glaring issues. if you've never played it though, grab it for 5 bucks on steam and give it a month. it is worth experiencing despite all the issues.
    Post edited by ananit on
    Life2vdarkopex
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    I just want my Xbox One X version to play honestly

No signature, I don't have a pen

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I just want Airships and from what I understand they are already being added to the game.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Mikeha said:
    I just want Airships and from what I understand they are already being added to the game.
    Yeah it's called A:IR
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Tiller said:
    Mikeha said:
    Yeah it's called A:IR

Yeah its in my SIG. ;)
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Is it still open pvp late game?
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    I'm just tired of the enhancement system. I uninstalled after getting to the end game and being expected to spend hours grinding, only to have it all become irrelevant because RNG was feeling sassy that day.

If that ever changes, I'll give it another go.
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    DMKano said:
    Linif said:
    I'm just tired of the enhancement system. I uninstalled after getting to the end game and being expected to spend hours grinding, only to have it all become irrelevant because RNG was feeling sassy that day.

If that ever changes, I'll give it another go.

For this to change they will need to figure out another way of making money.

Because artisian memories is the real cash cow of BDO and it goes hand in hand with horrible RNG and losing enhancment on gear.

The entire system is designed to beat a player up until they give into the cash shop

Then it looks like it shant ever see the light of day through my computer.

It's the kind of RNG system that makes Lootboxes seem more appealing... and even then BDO has those too! 
    Ozmodan
  • AelinAelin Member CommonPosts: 1
    The changes they've been making have ruined the game for me and all I played with. Every single one of us has quit. They are turning everything on it's head that we have been working with the past two years and also plan on making all classes the same. We have one cookie cutter build and soon we will have characters that look different but are the exact same in how they play. GG Pearl Abyss I'm not playing your game anymore.