Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Vespucci Job Event Lets You Play Cops & Robbers - Grand Theft Auto Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Vespucci Job Event Lets You Play Cops & Robbers - Grand Theft Auto Online - MMORPG.com

The Grand Theft Auto Online team has sent word that a new event is underway that will end on April 23rd called The Vespucci Job. During the event, two teams "take to the streets", one in the Issi Classic and one in a squad car in an epic battle of cops and robbers. The chased is trying to hit all of the checkpoints in time, while the chaser is trying to stop them from doing so. The event will also yield Double GTA$ and RP.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205
    Correction on this article. The Vespucci Job has already started as of Tuesday this week. The event ends on April 23rd.
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    I doubt there is many people left playing GTA Online, as Rockstar is on a banning spree.

For a game that heavy supported all kind of modding, the EULA changes may have suprised MANY players due to they got obviously banned for modding.

That would not be a problem if the players would be told, what they have done to get this punishment, but by looking at all those reports, nobody has a real clue, why Rockstar banned more then 30.000 GTA Online players allone in this year.

The most used terms are "i think", "i belive", "i know this" and "i know that" but nobody seems to have a real clue because Rockstar is absolut silent.
    The Support is only bots and closes tickets automatic with prewritten answers.

Rockstar has become the new North Korea of the gaming industry, clap or get reset.

The time that players spend to come forward just gets deleted, the complete players ingame existance gets void and the support is non existant.

Looking by the players stories in the GTA support forums compared to the very loud speaking community, we may have a conspirathy here.
    https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200063373-Grand-Theft-Auto-Online

First, the Steam Charts dont show the online players, just all the GTA5 players.
    Second, why should they do that, ruining their players trust to handle the players time spent by resetting their accounts ?!?

The hacking problem is out of Rockstar's hands and it cost them not only a lot of players.
    At all the T2 shares will fall and fall and fall, Investors will not be very amused about such a customer handling beside of their inhouse company Rockstar.

The three months performance is already at -16,66% !!!
    https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/ttwo

The shares will futher lose value as the sales of the new upcoming Red Redemption 2 will be affected as well as the sales of the new GTA6.

What we see here is, that players dont like investing time into virtual worlds from companies that can not handle it.
    Rockstar spreads fear instead of building a strong and trustful relationship between them and their playerbase.

That ship has obviously sailed ..
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205
    rawfox said:
    I doubt there is many people left playing GTA Online, as Rockstar is on a banning spree.

For a game that heavy supported all kind of modding, the EULA changes may have suprised MANY players due to they got obviously banned for modding.

That would not be a problem if the players would be told, what they have done to get this punishment, but by looking at all those reports, nobody has a real clue, why Rockstar banned more then 30.000 GTA Online players allone in this year.

The most used terms are "i think", "i belive", "i know this" and "i know that" but nobody seems to have a real clue because Rockstar is absolut silent.
    The Support is only bots and closes tickets automatic with prewritten answers.

Rockstar has become the new North Korea of the gaming industry, clap or get reset.

The time that players spend to come forward just gets deleted, the complete players ingame existance gets void and the support is non existant.

Looking by the players stories in the GTA support forums compared to the very loud speaking community, we may have a conspirathy here.
    https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200063373-Grand-Theft-Auto-Online

First, the Steam Charts dont show the online players, just all the GTA5 players.
    Second, why should they do that, ruining their players trust to handle the players time spent by resetting their accounts ?!?

The hacking problem is out of Rockstar's hands and it cost them not only a lot of players.
    At all the T2 shares will fall and fall and fall, Investors will not be very amused about such a customer handling beside of their inhouse company Rockstar.

The three months performance is already at -16,66% !!!
    https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/ttwo

The shares will futher lose value as the sales of the new upcoming Red Redemption 2 will be affected as well as the sales of the new GTA6.

What we see here is, that players dont like investing time into virtual worlds from companies that can not handle it.
    Rockstar spreads fear instead of building a strong and trustful relationship between them and their playerbase.

That ship has obviously sailed ..
    Lol, first things first. Rockstar has no control over steam charts. That is a Valve product and of course it doesn't show online players, because steam charts doesn't support such a feature. All it does is scrub the steam user list for who's running what game and then adds all that together to throw it on a chart. Unless Rockstar specifically split the GTA5 client into two separate clients "GTA5: Singleplayer" & "GTA5 Online", then steam charts won't show who's playing what.

Not only that, Rockstar has stated multiple times that mods are OK in the singleplayer, but bannable in multiplayer. T2 are the ones that tried to stop modding outright and Rockstar managed to reverse that decision. As for hacking, hacking is extremely expensive to try and combat. I'll give you this; Rockstar made the poor decision to make a lot of the systems in GTA client side so it is super easy to hack things in the game. However, to stop most of it, Rockstar would have to recode most of the client to make things such as money server sided.

It is far too late for that unfortunately has Rockstar has other games in development they need to prioritize such as Red Dead Redemption 2, so not a lot of focus is being pushed for GTA 5. 

Of course shares are going to be down, because T2 owns Rockstar, and T2 has a very shady history. They've said some stupid stuff. 

That being said, I am not a rockstar fanboy, nor do I really enjoy the Grand Theft Auto series much anymore these days. Vice City was really the last good one for me. I occasionally hop on GTA5 to play with a real life friend. However, since the last time I was one; which was last week, there were quite a few players still actively online. I've also had a decent experience with customer support when my account was compromised by some kid.

You say this line "The most used terms are "i think", "i belive", "i know this" and "i know that" but nobody seems to have a real clue because Rockstar is absolut silent." but your entire post is pretty much the same thing. Using words such as "I doubt" and making a bunch of bold claims and predictions.