Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Stream Incomming

KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
VR has announced that there will be a new stream coming tomorrow April 19th at 5pm pst. The stream will feature streamer Lassiz and will show off the new zone of Black Rose Keep. 

Gyva02delete5230AmatheKilsinDyanu

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
    If you missed the stream it has been posted on youtube. 

Gyva02AmatheKilsinDyanu
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    @Kumapon, Thanks for posting the stream, 

I love it, First time in a long time I could say I'll spend years playing this mmorpg. 

My only concern is the s-l-o-w pace of the crawl.  About 45 minuet's to move across a few rooms, and keeping a group interested..... However its pre alpha.  

I'll padlock myself in the computer room and hope the wife doesn't take all my shit and leave me :(
    Cendharia
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    Its a guy who doesn't look like a teen, so big plus for that, now all we need is his sort doing a review. :)
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499

I love it, First time in a long time I could say I'll spend years playing this mmorpg. 

My only concern is the s-l-o-w pace of the crawl.  About 45 minuet's to move across a few rooms, and keeping a group interested..... However its pre alpha.  

I'll padlock myself in the computer room and hope the wife doesn't take all my shit and leave me :(
    In classic EQ you'd spend numerous hours maybe all day in just a single room grinding xp or hoping for named to pop, or some special loot to drop... 
    AmatheCendharia
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Gyva02 said:

In classic EQ you'd spend numerous hours maybe all day in just a single room grinding xp or hoping for named to pop, or some special loot to drop... 
    @Gyva02:  That's one of the things that fascinates me about this game.  The developers seem to believe that the slow combat pace is going to be a selling point.  However, the bulk of the current players appear to be playing games with much faster paced combat.  It will be very interesting to see if there is actually room for a slower paced MMORPG again.   That's probably going to be a topic of discussion in 2 or 3 years time, though.

@delete5230:  Yes, it's pre-alpha.  Does that mean that the pace of the game is going to speed up as development continues?  The pace seems deliberate, and development will simply add more features and mechanics as the make progress.  There might be a bit of tuning, but we've seen streams for awhile now and the pacing appears totally unchanged between the earliest and the most recent.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    RANGER DOWN!   :)
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

@least you will still have the PC :wink:
    Deathtognomes
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Those combat animations still look SO bad.  Here's hoping they get a pass soon.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Anyone got a summary of the new info that come out of the stream? 
    --------------------------------------------
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    edited April 2018
    Gyva02 said:

Key point there though is that those people CHOSE to camp those rooms, it didn't actually take that long to work further in if you wanted to, while still being dangerous...  Pantheon is taking the combat slowdown a bit too far imo.  And is it just me or are the people they show playing just really bad players or are they putting on a show to make it look more tense?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    looks like EQ with slightly better graphics....While it was fun in its day im jsut not sure im up for hours of play at a time anymore.
    Mendel
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Still looks bland. :/
  • DeathtognomesDeathtognomes Member UncommonPosts: 155
    looks like EQ with slightly better graphics....While it was fun in its day im jsut not sure im up for hours of play at a time anymore.
    maybe a touch of Vanguard in it as well. Damn I miss Vanguard.
    CendhariaSovrathAdamantineKiori001
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Looks like good times are back again to me. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Bumping a thread with a title like this from April? Come onnnn you got my hopes up that a new Pantheon stream was coming now.  :'(
    Octagon7711
    --------------------------------------------
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Bumping a thread with a title like this from April? Come onnnn you got my hopes up that a new Pantheon stream was coming now.  :'(
    lol, I had initially thought the same thing.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
     Damn I miss Vanguard.
    Yep. Me too.