Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interview with ArcheAge Creator Jake Song - ArcheAge Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageInterview with ArcheAge Creator Jake Song - ArcheAge Videos - MMORPG.com

Trion Worlds has produced a brief video with ArcheAge creator Jake Song to discuss his history with the game and what the future may hold for him now that he has returned as the Executive Producer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• virgommovirgommo Member UncommonPosts: 43
    "and be the team our players can trust" I am so glad that I swallowed my tea right before this translation came up or it would have been all over my monitor.

Not going to split hairs between Trion vs XLGAMES, but just having "trust" in the same sentence as Archeage is hilarious...unless that sentence is "Trust us to eventually screw you"
    alkarionlogHidekiNomuraThuplishinkanNevereverlandRadoo
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    so still trying to get some hype for this game huh? and ask for trust lol
    Thupli
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Don't worry...

You can trust me...

That's my hand in your pocket...

I'm just taking your money

But you can trust me...

AngryElfThupliwingoodiixviiiixWhiteshade92itchmondjnj2000Shaihuby
  • makevalimakevali Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Tell him his combat sucks
    gunklackerRemyVorender
  • bennylongbennylong Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Can't trust money grabbers
  • WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Torval said:
    Dear Jake Song,

Here's is where I'd like to see you take the game in the future. Lot's more like Lineage and much less of everything not like Lineage. Subscription only. Oh, and more like Lineage and less like Not Lineage.

Thanks. Bai.
    But you mean the westernized version of Lineage 1. The Korean version became like every other garbage f2p game.
    PhryInebriatedSkunk
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    someone has to say it "crdit card powa"
    AngryElfThupli

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Ma man Jake , much love for what you've done in the past ( Lineage ) , but man! Who the fuck told you that Trion is a good choice to publish ArcheAge in EU/NA ?

Anyway, didn't even watched the interview. I mean "enable cc subtitles" ? Are you fucking kidding me ? I was watching for about 2 minutes, waiting for some short of text on-screen to translate everything he said , then I Alt F4 .

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I think the general question that anyone who has left the game wants to ask this guy is: "Why do yall gotta be greedy fks and not have a sub only server? Since Trion says that it ultimately comes down to yall (because we know Trion doesn't lie or pass the buck)." Btw Jahlon, I just wanted to say your vids helped me a lot get back into the game last year (although not really playing as much cause Trion is Trion so yea), so just wanted say thanks.
    jahlon
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

DMKano said:

So what would it take for XL to say yes to P2P servers in NA/EU?

I mean the progression servers are a step in the right direction for sure.

I want to know this as well. Will not play archeage unless I can do p2p with no bait and switch after a month or two.
    [Deleted User]
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Huge fan of Jake Song. He is one of the most influential developers in the industry. But Archeage is a mess. It's nothing but a huge P2W fest, where you can just swipe your cc in order to win.

He would have to make some fundamental changes in order to turn the game around.
    [Deleted User]Thupli
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    DMKano said:
    So what would it take for XL to say yes to P2P servers in NA/EU? I mean the progression servers are a step in the right direction for sure.
    How?

[Deleted User]
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    So what would it take for XL to say yes to P2P servers in NA/EU? I mean the progression servers are a step in the right direction for sure.
    How?

- No labor from old accounts nor apex from old accounts - so only new accounts allowed
    - Only 1 character per account allowed
    - Land plots locked for the first 48 hours

Those are some examples of steps in the right direction

well ... steps yes .................... but ..

Image result for baby steps images
    [Deleted User]wingoodThupliStrizzy12winghaven1
    edited April 2018
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    How?

- No labor from old accounts nor apex from old accounts - so only new accounts allowed

Those are 2 insignificant changes to up-sell another "fresh start" and a feature the other fresh starts already had.

There's already a subscription and they've made a business of robbing and stripping patrons ass naked for it (hey you can recover labor faster, own land... but still P2W. ENJOY!)

The game is fundamentally rotten. Archeage Prime would require a complete overhaul of the game and by the time Korea agrees to that other games will be there.

How many chances does Trino and XL get?
    Gdemamialkarionlog
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I loved farming in this game, hated everything else about it.  Have any new MMO's come out with farming in this much detail?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Trion makes a video of a guy in partnership with Trion lol.
    This would not and should not be construed as an "interview"when it is basically an in house PR video.

It would be entirely different if a third party was conducting the interview without ANY bias or financial gains.
    So basically Trion and the Archeage team are trying to stir up some new hype since the game is not doing so well.

Although i did not like the very first day i heard Trion was the publisher for NA,i still can't fully blame Trion for the game,it is way too much like the games i DON'T like top play and way too much of that KR influence which again i don't like those designs.

Man oh man i wish somebody would make a mmorpg that doesn't instill the same old stereotypes and hand holding ,boring linear fetch me errands design.Oh and keep the immersion,quit putting arrows in the screen or sparkles or markers over npc heads,let's make a world that at least mildly appears realistic and not like a bunch of computer code.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623

DMKano said:

DMKano said:

So what would it take for XL to say yes to P2P servers in NA/EU?

I mean the progression servers are a step in the right direction for sure.

How?

^this plz
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Its a bit late and i am not sure that XLGames can even fix ArcheAge to make it the game that more players would be interested in, if anything XLGames seem like they can't be trusted not to focus on the players wallets rather than focusing on improving gameplay, i think the biggest hurdle that ArcheAge faces is that XLGames are still in denial on what the root of the problem is :/
    itchmon
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Everyone have different opinion of MMO, graphic, combat, p2w definition. For me MMO's that have no ending of gearing are not p2w. How you can win in MMO without ending? The common problem of MMO is gear disparity and this is the main issue of Archeage. You can make the best graphic with good combat but this MMO with best graphic can't handle with large scale pvp or no good in oceanic naval because bad in physics. For me just pick your MMO you want just stop complaining. If you want a real challenge or pro gaming with small gear progression with ending just play fornite, PUBG, Moba or RTS. I don't heard any word of p2w in Asian country PC cafe. No WoW and other subs only MMO, most in Asian country. They hit subs games. They laugh at you if you swipe or pay a lot in the game.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    When you get people playing together online, there's always going to be some kind of winning.
    Always.

Games were simpler where beating the end boss and getting to The End used to be what we defined as winning.
    Gaming has evolved way past that.

..Cake..

• lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Jake Song is bad to be a CEO of xlgame but he is a good developer of a game. He is a founder of Nexon and NCSoft. He made first MMO in Korea.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Trion ruined the game many times with "Fresh Start Servers" and everything if it happened once it can't be trusted again Trion basically backstabbed by adding the ability to grief others with forced PVP in non pvp-zones, the Hero system made the game feel like a dictatorship when one person attacks others on same alliance should not be allowed.

The Voting system is rigged for heroes and stuff, and the thing I enjoyed the most about the game was the crafting system, but the whole Cash Shop was totally Pay 2 Win for chances to regrade items, and even Pay 2 Enjoy spending over $100 real dollars on chests but never getting the cosmetic items you wanted.

^ Arche Age is unique with the crafting system that is the biggest thing I liked about it I love the control I once had over the Archem Market before Trion ruined that lol.

But Black Desert beats Arche Age in so many other ways, and even other games do too.
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    It sound like the game going to screwed more ... screw it .

Honestly , the more they try to fix the problem , the more the game is unplayable for most people .
    Renoaku said:
    Trion ruined the game many times with "Fresh Start Servers" and everything if it happened once it can't be trusted again Trion basically backstabbed by adding the ability to grief others with forced PVP in non pvp-zones, the Hero system made the game feel like a dictatorship when one person attacks others on same alliance should not be allowed.

The Voting system is rigged for heroes and stuff, and the thing I enjoyed the most about the game was the crafting system, but the whole Cash Shop was totally Pay 2 Win for chances to regrade items, and even Pay 2 Enjoy spending over $100 real dollars on chests but never getting the cosmetic items you wanted.

^ Arche Age is unique with the crafting system that is the biggest thing I liked about it I love the control I once had over the Archem Market before Trion ruined that lol.

But Black Desert beats Arche Age in so many other ways, and even other games do too.
    You play Archeage and use the words "grief" & "forced PVP"? You shouldn't have started playing in the first place. It wasn't for you.
    Sovrath

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Renoaku said:

You play Archeage and use the words "grief" & "forced PVP"? You shouldn't have started playing in the first place. It wasn't for you.
    I dont know about that, I played both Eve and Archeage the latter being the most recent and although i will never touch either again because im a giant pussy who avoids pvp i did enjoy my time there. I knew what i was getting into. MMO's for the most part have become themeparks to me in the sense that i visit them have a great time and then leave. The days of playing a MMO like i did with vanilla wow for several years straight are over.

Alot of times even if i know the game has features which i wont enjoy i still play them because this is my favorite genre of gaming. Its like a Wine collector, He may prefer Reds but that doesnt mean he wont try a highly rated white even though its not his "thing".
    • Aloha Mr Hand !