Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ACE Q&A Live! for April - Check Out the Fae in Action - Crowfall Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageACE Q&A Live! for April - Check Out the Fae in Action - Crowfall Videos - MMORPG.com

The latest Crowfall Q&A Live is now out and about for your viewing pleasure. In this episode Thomas Blair and Mark Halash show off the Fae in action in the game as well as gives viewers a peek at the Male High- and Wood-Elves. Oh...and the Guinecean double-jump is awesomely cool.

Read the full story here

Comments

• NeffxunitedNeffxunited Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Dear Crowfall,

Thanks for the video, but your hype train has ran long enough. Time to S*** or get off the pot. Thank you.

Sincerley,
    A once interested fan.
    Mouloxtos85YaevinduskmakevaliJamesGoblinqomaMensur
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    edited April 2018

Dear Crowfall,

Thanks for the video, but your hype train has ran long enough. Time to S*** or get off the pot. Thank you.

Sincerley,

A once interested fan.

Implies that hype is the only thing about a game. In fact, hype is what makes games with potential get shat on by people with low patience and unfettered expectations. It also sets unneeded pressure on developers to release when a game isn't vetted by its testing population with their feedback acted on. As well as poor features that they don't want to fix for fear of the time it will take, just so that people that rely on "hype" won't get pissy about time, only to then get pissy that they didn't take their time. They could have released with the first iteration of everything over a year ago to satisfy people with no patience or understanding, but that'd be a disservice to gamers and gaming as a whole. The "I need it now" crowd is better left out -- as are the "hype train" people. Soft launch wouldn't suit them, anyway, and they'd just think they're smart while talking about things they know nothing about.

We've seen it all way too many times. They decided to take the extra costs (likely 300-500k a month judging from their team size) and time to make a game they're proud to release. Which will impact their lasting, long term revenue more than a small sudden burst of "hypers" that drop games after a couple of days, especially if it is rushed. Good games get good reputations and increase in player base over time. Even if slowly in the case of niche genres. In my opinion, if you've ever once hated on a game for the reasons above, you're a hypocrite. They could've released, taken the hype money, and just work on something else. But that's short term thinking and all to realistic in today's day and age thank to people who share the same opinion as you.

This is doubly wrong since this is just a third party reporting on the massive amounts of updates they provide. They interact on their forums a lot as well. It's like you're saying you don't respect developers keeping people in the loop and are telling them to be quiet by "getting off the pot" and shutting up.
    ValdheimJamesGoblin
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • NeffxunitedNeffxunited Member UncommonPosts: 17

Dear Crowfall,

Sincerley,

A once interested fan.

Implies that hype is the only thing about a game. In fact, hype is what makes games with potential get shat on by people with low patience and unfettered expectations. It also sets unneeded pressure on developers to release when a game isn't vetted by its testing population with their feedback acted on. As well as poor features that they don't want to fix for fear of the time it will take, just so that people that rely on "hype" won't get pissy about time, only to then get pissy that they didn't take their time. They could have released with the first iteration of everything over a year ago to satisfy people with no patience or understanding, but that'd be a disservice to gamers and gaming as a whole. The "I need it now" crowd is better left out -- as are the "hype train" people. Soft launch wouldn't suit them, anyway, and they'd just think they're smart while talking about things they know nothing about.

We've seen it all way too many times. They decided to take the extra costs (likely 300-500k a month judging from their team size) and time to make a game they're proud to release. Which will impact their lasting, long term revenue more than a small sudden burst of "hypers" that drop games after a couple of days, especially if it is rushed. Good games get good reputations and increase in player base over time. Even if slowly in the case of niche genres. In my opinion, if you've ever once hated on a game for the reasons above, you're a hypocrite. They could've released, taken the hype money, and just work on something else. But that's short term thinking and all to realistic in today's day and age thank to people who share the same opinion as you.

This is doubly wrong since this is just a third party reporting on the massive amounts of updates they provide. They interact on their forums a lot as well. It's like you're saying you don't respect developers keeping people in the loop and are telling them to be quiet by "getting off the pot" and shutting up.

I thank you for fulling expressing how you feel on the mater, but my one simple statement does not define the type of individual I am. Crowfall has been posting video of development for years with very slow progress and pushing back release dates left and right. While I agree with you that great games take time, there is a certain level of excitement that will pass if they don't deliver. You can't keep dragging on your audience, just because you feel its not ready. But hey man, you rage on and express those feelings. You have your opinion and I have mine.
    JamesGoblinFrykka
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Playing this game, if its only 10% better then shadowbane will make me a happy camper, 4TW. Keep up the good work.
    JamesGoblin
  • Rudedawg007Rudedawg007 Member UncommonPosts: 11

I see a developer being very careful in the way they are developing the game.

I'd rather wait another year than get a bad game.

Impatient people ruin games.

JamesGoblinpantarospeedylegs8
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    I have no interest in this game, but I do like the updates and constant flow of information. You can see progress in the updates I don't know if they are behind as far as release goes but they look strong
    JamesGoblinobii
  • SevalaSevala Member UncommonPosts: 220
    They do make good updates and good information, and there is a ton about this game that is "almost" good...but at the end of the day this game is boring AF, just an opinion. Its something to keep an eye on and pop in every once in awhile to look, but I doubt it will take an interesting direction now.

~I am Many~

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Dear Crowfall,

Sincerley,

A once interested fan.

I thank you for fulling expressing how you feel on the mater, but my one simple statement does not define the type of individual I am. Crowfall has been posting video of development for years with very slow progress and pushing back release dates left and right. While I agree with you that great games take time, there is a certain level of excitement that will pass if they don't deliver. You can't keep dragging on your audience, just because you feel its not ready. But hey man, you rage on and express those feelings. You have your opinion and I have mine.

I think you have to take into account the fact they went from the archetype system to a race/sex/class system. With that in mind they are making pretty good headway. And I'm not even sure if I'll like the game much at this point, but I give them credit where it's due.
    JamesGoblin
  • FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154
    edited April 2018
    I have backed this game from mid 2015 just after the kickstart and have not once seen a release date mentioned, implied, or advertised... MMO sites seem to take their own stab at estimating release. A solid AAA RPG game takes 5-6 years of development. Crowfall, having no questing or PvE content as an open world sandbox, and worked on by a smallish team of 30, should take around 4 years... we are going into the 4th year and the devs have been pinned down on a soft launch/final skill reset at the end of this year... about as I expected 3 years ago. The only pushback was for the race/class split, version 5.3, announced as a known delay last May and pushed to testing in late October. We are now approaching the 5.6 content add so we get a big chuck of content about every 45 days... we are playing the releases and having very responsive feedback... the latest builds have had much more lag issues due to adding 100s of mobiles and that puts a damper on PvP, 5.6 is said to have significant network and AI improvements, we shall see, actually see first hand soon.
    JamesGoblin