Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What To Expect in This Weekend's Closed Beta Test - Defiance 2050 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageWhat To Expect in This Weekend's Closed Beta Test - Defiance 2050 - MMORPG.com

Defiance 2050 News - When the Defiance 2050 closed beta test begins this weekend, players will have a chance for a first-look at a number of features coming with the game when it launches later in 2018. There will be opportunities to create squads, participate in cooperative events, the ability to complete story quests and much more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Ah, they have classes now! One useful bit of info on the changes.
    I will wish I could kick off some downloads remotely for this and Conan Exiles so they are ready when I get home :)
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited April 2018
    I will wish I could kick off some downloads remotely for this and Conan Exiles so they are ready when I get home :)
    As I understand it you can have all four classes on a single avatar but only one active class.  That class limits you to which main active skill and its subsequent passive skills that you can choose from. 

You can no longer pick any of all those passive skills from the entire selection that are available in the current game. All of those passive skills are still available but only 1/4 can be selected from at any time.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    I'd settle for having the TV series back, I f***g loved it !
    Possum6381Mensur
  • Possum6381Possum6381 Member CommonPosts: 8

I'd settle for having the TV series back, I f***g loved it !

The series was excellent, I agree. In fact, my wife and I are planning to re-watch it soon.
    Mensur
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Did anyone get an invite yet?

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512

Moodsor said:

Did anyone get an invite yet?

Nope- maybe I won’t get one! Anyone got a spare key?

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• Expl0rerExpl0rer Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I'm in the Beta now, but the "tutorial" is too difficult. I am expected to kill 75 enemies all by myself, in a massed battle. I must admit I would prefer exploring the updated virtual San Francisco area at my own pace. Unless there is some mistake, or a reason for this particular test, it just seems crazy. There seems to be no other way out than perhaps sniping for hours. I did the original, and it was not this hard.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    So I guess if you purchased Defiance when it released doesn't warrant an invite.  :(
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Server is down :(
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Server fall down go.......BOOOOOOM!... Not a good start. :)
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    After 30 minutes I was out of the game and uninstalled. Yuck!
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited April 2018
    After 30 minutes I was out of the game and uninstalled. Yuck!
    Your forum name must be how you felt about it lol. I kinda figured it was gonna be meh. The only hope they have is that console players will enjoy it, cause as a PC gamer there are many better options available.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    games no different from the first one, i might play it on xbox one, if they wanted to wipe, just wipe, this is defiance prime, like rift prime, wtg Trion
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The sub class idea is really a good idea but this rebuild sounds mostly like cheap easy implementation not a real effort,this could have simply been slowly worked in over time with no disruptions.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Differences from the original are so minute as to be meaningless, as far as I could tell -- and I say that as someone who was in the original alpha.

I've no idea what the hell Trion is thinking with this. At first blush the whole "rebranding" thing is nothing more than a cynical cash grab with minimal, if any, meaningful work or improvement going into it.
    [Deleted User]laserit
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    How is it a cash grab, its still f2p right?
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    I don't know where Trion is going with this, I played the beta for couple of hours and I don't think they have have done enough for this game to make a come back.
    [Deleted User]
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited April 2018
    Yea .. alot of us saw this coming with the first annoncement and then video..

Its just another example of Trion , Trying to find new cheap ways with little effort  into your wallet...It seems to be there focus anymore ..
  • AzarealAzareal Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Played in 2015; installed 2050 and logged in for about an hour. Nothing really new. Starting area is re-done a bit. Server crashes (did a hellbug hellion and it crashed upon completion). Same missions. tiled skills are now skill trees.

Only thing really new is that you no longer have all those nice weapons/shields you collected over the years although I'm sure that lock-boxes will be following on formal launch so you can have a 'chance' to re-purchase all those nice weapons and shields you currently have on the original Defiance. Hmmm maybe that's what Trion meant by following up on new content after the launch.
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited April 2018
    I'm giggling at the absurdity of this.

The ironic thing is when I first saw the headline announcement (before reading anything), this is what I expected. A relaunched tweaked game. I would have been ok with that. I like Defiance, so yeah I could live with that. Better than it going away. Keeping it alive. That's good.

But no, I read they are creating a new game. The next chapter, re-imagined, built from the ground up they said. So a new game set in the same universe, with the spirit of the first, but with some of the issues addressed, hell yeah. I couldn't believe they had the resources to do it, but they must have been recruiting on the quiet and invested for a new game. 

As soon as I start up the 'new game', with a sinking feeling I immediately notice it's the same client, with the same options menu. I genuinely double checked I'd actually opened the correct game. The same character creater, the same opening cinematic, the same dialogue, the same missions. It's the same game. Oh except you changed that tutorial mission to use a heavy weapon. But then the original cinematic plays with you using a normal weapon. Great work.

I have to laugh otherwise I'd cry. It's about setting expectations. This is basic stuff. I'd have been ok with what Trion has done, as I said better than the game shutting down, but instead I'm incredibly disappointed. I'll probably still play the new game from time to time, because I like Defiance, so why wouldn't I play the same game, but this isn't what you sold people. My fear now, as it's not a new game, is the only reason for the reset is to turn the game into an RMT hellhole. Bit like The Secret World did. 

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Grunty said:
    As I understand it you can have all four classes on a single avatar but only one active class.  That class limits you to which main active skill and its subsequent passive skills that you can choose from. 

You can no longer pick any of all those passive skills from the entire selection that are available in the current game. All of those passive skills are still available but only 1/4 can be selected from at any time.
    Gotcha. Thank you! I don't know if that is a rework worthy change for the game.

I tried the beta a bit, and nothing changed that would make me want to play again. The character creator was annoying, the only class you could select for this beta was in a pose looking down.