Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard is now removing wow items bought from third party site

lootdudelootdude Member UncommonPosts: 14
edited April 2018 in World of Warcraft

I have been using a third party wow items site for a long time, never any problems. But my last order got removed by Gamemaster today when I was doing restoration some items on my alt character, the order was placed and delivered 1 month ago.

They said the items were stolen from another players and have been returned to them. I m very confused that why they didn’t removed the items at first when I received the order, but took them when I restored my items, I trust the third party site, I have at least 80 orders from them.

Have you guys ever had this issue? Can you guys give me any advice.

What are the chances of them checking all my characters now?

What do you think made them all of a sudden tonight?

Below is the blizzard’s email

-----------------------------------------

Date: April 17, 2018 at 1:20:20 AM AST

To: <[email protected]>

Subject: World of Warcraft - Account Action Notification

Greetings,

Account Name: WOW1

We are writing to notify you that a character on the above World of Warcraft account has received items from another player known to be associated with exploitive activities, such as in-game scams or account theft. After a thorough investigation, we have determined that the items provided to this account was originally stolen from one or more other players. These items have been removed from this account and returned to the rightful character(s).

Account Action: Notification

Items Removed: Vial of the Sands*1, Mottled Drake*1

Our policies on stolen virtual goods such as gold or items apply to any player who either knowingly or unknowingly received in-game currency or other items that were originally acquired through scams, account theft, or other fraudulent activities.

Third-party companies that sell World of Warcraft gold or other virtual currency for real-world money operate in direct violation of the game’s Terms of Use (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html). These companies frequently employ exploitive practices in order to acquire the gold they sell, and players who choose to buy gold and support these companies can be subject to account action, including the removal of the purchased gold or other goods.

Additional information on the negative impact of purchasing gold and items, as well as some important information on how you can protect your account from theft, can be found at: http://us.battle.net/wow/services/anti/buy wow items.

Any appeals concerning the above account action can only be addressed by Account Administration. To learn more about how Account Administration is able to assist you, please visit us at http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/account-administration-overview. To contact Account Administration directly, please submit an online ticket through Battle.net: https://us.battle.net/support/ticket/submit.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment

http://www.blizzard.com/support

Occupy VoT, Occupy ORG, GO GO GO

Post edited by lootdude on

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    What I'm assuming based off of you saying Third Party Site, is a gold farming site. Gold farming sites tend to steal players accounts and sell the items off of them, so don't be surprised when Blizzard revokes the items. It's just like buying gold. Technically any form of third party purchasing is against Blizzards TOS (and almost every single MMORPG's TOS at that). Just avoid using third party sites, buy the items in game off other players. 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited April 2018
    Nevermind, sounds like the site you bought them from are 'honestly' selling the things they steal from other accounts.

Blizzard haven't removed them because you bought them from someone else. They have removed them because the person you bought them from is scamming and stealing from other players.

Restoration clearly triggered an investigation. They need to trace everything that happened with those items for every report before restoring them.
    Scot
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • lootdudelootdude Member UncommonPosts: 14
    What I'm assuming based off of you saying Third Party Site, is a gold farming site. Gold farming sites tend to steal players accounts and sell the items off of them, so don't be surprised when Blizzard revokes the items. It's just like buying gold. Technically any form of third party purchasing is against Blizzards TOS (and almost every single MMORPG's TOS at that). Just avoid using third party sites, buy the items in game off other players. 
    but gamemaster removed my orders after it's been delivered 1 month later, it's the time i try to restore some items in my alt, weird, i never have this issue before

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    It sounds like the person who sold you the items, stole them from another players account.

So, if you bought all 80 items from the same person on that 3rd party website, then you may want to be concerned.

I would start with contacting the 3rd party website to get a refund. If that doesn't work, you may want to initiate a charge back through your credit card, since the company sold you stolen items.
    --------------------------------------------
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    lootdude said:
    but gamemaster removed my orders after it's been delivered 1 month later, it's the time i try to restore some items in my alt, weird, i never have this issue before
    I would assume that the account that was stolen, probably figured it out or had blizzard give them their account back, they reported the items stolen, Blizzard researched it, looked at the account activity and it took a month to verify. 

Just be glad that WoW doesn't ban for that type of thing.  
    JeleenaPhry
    lootdude said:
    I would assume that the account that was stolen, probably figured it out or had blizzard give them their account back, they reported the items stolen, Blizzard researched it, looked at the account activity and it took a month to verify. 

Just be glad that WoW doesn't ban for that type of thing.  
    make sense, it takes time for blizzard to find out stolen items, i m thinking about issuing chargeback if the site didnt give my money back, i tried to contact webchat service, but no answer, a little nervous now.....

i m a casual player and dont have much time to play, thats why i spend a lot money on third party site, i guess my account is flagged now, i ll just sell tokens for gold and buy staff from ah, it should work

Nevermind, sounds like the site you bought them from are 'honestly' selling the things they steal from other accounts.

Blizzard haven't removed them because you bought them from someone else. They have removed them because the person you bought them from is scamming and stealing from other players.

Restoration clearly triggered an investigation. They need to trace everything that happened with those items for every report before restoring them.
    yeah, i think if i didnt do restoration, probably blizzard wouldnt look into my account, really bad luck

It sounds like the person who sold you the items, stole them from another players account.

So, if you bought all 80 items from the same person on that 3rd party website, then you may want to be concerned.

I would start with contacting the 3rd party website to get a refund. If that doesn't work, you may want to initiate a charge back through your credit card, since the company sold you stolen items.
    i will chargeback if they dont give my money back

DMKano said:
    Yep - that's what other studios do as well.

Bottom line  - don't give money to piece of shit business like gold sellers/3rd party sites that use stolen accounts and stolen credit cards to run their scam operation.

Good lesson learned for you I hope
    i will stop buying from the site and find another reliable site, i think
    corvasTheScavengerDakeru

• corvascorvas Member UncommonPosts: 151
    lootdude said:
    DMKano said:

Bottom line  - don't give money to piece of shit business like gold sellers/3rd party sites that use stolen accounts and stolen credit cards to run their scam operation.

just stop buying from those sites and just play the game, hope people who support those websites get banned for life.
    TheScavengersacredcow4KyleranDakeruAegirisJeleenaWaan
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited June 2018
    corvas said:
    lootdude said:
    DMKano said:

just stop buying from those sites and just play the game, hope people who support those websites get banned for life.
    This is what all forced endgame content comes down to. Why spend tons of time and drama on the hardcore content, when you can just buy it instead and avoid all the drama? If MMOs designed content for EVERYONE, no one would then need to buy endgame items.

Since I don't want to get involved in drama, when I did WoW back in MoP and WoD...I bought all the endgame items from the hardcore raids, and was able to have a ton of fun playing. I got to play the way I wanted, avoid guild drama, avoid crappy pickup groups and enjoy the game. The site that sold the items won, and blizzard got to enjoy my 15 usd a month.

If blizzard doesn't want people buying end game items, then they should have a way EVERYONE can get them. Same with any other MMO company. 

Personally, force me to do something in a certain way, I'm going to do any method necessary to play my own way and not be forced by the game designers to play a certain way.
    KyleranDakeruNepheth

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    corvas said:
    lootdude said:
    DMKano said:

This is what all forced endgame content comes down to. Why spend tons of time and drama on the hardcore content, when you can just buy it instead and avoid all the drama? If MMOs designed content for EVERYONE, no one would then need to buy endgame items.

Since I don't want to get involved in drama, when I did WoW back in MoP and WoD...I bought all the endgame items from the hardcore raids, and was able to have a ton of fun playing. I got to play the way I wanted, avoid guild drama, avoid crappy pickup groups and enjoy the game. The site that sold the items won, and blizzard got to enjoy my 15 usd a month.

If blizzard doesn't want people buying end game items, then they should have a way EVERYONE can get them. Same with any other MMO company. 

Personally, force me to do something in a certain way, I'm going to do any method necessary to play my own way and not be forced by the game designers to play a certain way.
    For EVERYONE? You do release there's always going to be SOMEONE looking for the easy way regardless, right? This has always existed, regardless of how you design something.
    edited June 2018
    Albatroes said:
    corvas said:
    lootdude said:
    DMKano said:

For EVERYONE? You do release there's always going to be SOMEONE looking for the easy way regardless, right? This has always existed, regardless of how you design something.
    Well, in that case, why not let WoW be an optional singleplayer game and the people looking for the easy way can do whatever without it affecting anyone else? There isn't much a reason any MMO needs to actually be online. Even EVE Online as an example I'm sure many people would play in singleplayer mode, and it wouldn't effect the actual MMO players.

This could actually fix a lot of the oldschool MMOers complaints too about MMOs being too solo friendly. Devs can have an offline version that requires little support, and have the actual online version be MMO only with a TON more focus on groups and making it super hard to solo. Then everyone does actually win. If people want to bot or macro in the singleplayer version, only they themselves are affected by it.

Plus there isn't a singleplayer open world Warcraft RPG. So no one currently has the choice to play Warcraft as a singleplayer RPG.

If blizzard was the first ones to offer an offline mode (which many survival games already provide, like Ark and Conan Exiles), it could pave the way to remove "soloers/singleplayer fans" from the actual MMOs that dominate the genre and people who hate soloers can then play with like minded people and not be affected by solo content. The genre can then move back to a more social and group oriented genre like it used to be.

Which then goes back to...then the person looking for an easy way to get items without needing shady second hand shops wouldn't be damaging WoW anymore, since they can then just get it themselves without a group like they already do now by going to a shady site. 
    Cazriel

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Or the original seller had buyer remorse and took his stuff back.

• sacredcow4sacredcow4 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    You broke the rules. I honestly hope they permanently ban your account for supporting companies that hurt the game experience for other players. I'm sure every players who has been hacked, scammed, or spammed would agree with me. 
    KyleranDakeruAegirisPhry
     I've been here a while...
  • ash667ash667 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    its worse than u think these ppl they take asian children from schools n pay them 200 a month to sit all day n steal n sell this shit they feed them rice n starve them n make them poor education n threaten them u ever try n google translate talk to a gold seller in wow its a girl most likely 15 yrs old n poor n in danger she has some cigar smoking boss demand her get so many a day or shes fired n its rly hard to get them naked on webcam its total oppress society 
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    lootdude said:
    There are no reliable 3rd Party sites, gold scammers are gold scammers and you're looking at a ban down the road if you keep using them.
    KyleranDakeru

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    ash667 said:
    its worse than u think these ppl they take asian children from schools n pay them 200 a month to sit all day n steal n sell this shit they feed them rice n starve them n make them poor education n threaten them u ever try n google translate talk to a gold seller in wow its a girl most likely 15 yrs old n poor n in danger she has some cigar smoking boss demand her get so many a day or shes fired n its rly hard to get them naked on webcam its total oppress society 
    So in short you are admitting to being a Pedophile? I would be careful what you joke about.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    corvas said:
    lootdude said:
    DMKano said:

You have a "right" to play a game the way its creator's intended you to.

Anything other justifications you make to circumvent the system is cheating, plain and simple, and you deserve whatever punishment comes your way.

Man up boyo....
    Phry

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    corvas said:
    lootdude said:
    DMKano said:

You have a "right" to play a game the way its creator's intended you to.

Anything other justifications you make to circumvent the system is cheating, plain and simple, and you deserve whatever punishment comes your way.

Man up boyo....
    Well if I play BoA and they still don't offer a way to get items (and flying) for everyone, then I'll still go third party. If I get banned, I'll just get a new account and start again with a new IP lol. But I have no interest in BoA, so that is a bit moot.

Thats why games that let you buy items in the cash shop are far superior. LOTRO I can buy high end (but not endgame, as far when I last looked) equipment. Archeage I can do the same. Far superior method, since it allows players to earn it the old way or allow players who want to "skip ahead" or want to avoid guild drama have a way to still get items through the in-game cash shop.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited June 2018
    If you purchased from a 3rd party site and it was removed recently (File a charge back) on the 3rd party transaction, my banks allow (90 days) to file a charge-back so I would do this and claim that the purchase was removed from your account, and save a copy of the email from Blizzard as evidence and take it into your bank (If you used PayPal it will be harder but would have to go through them or you could maybe lose your PayPal account.

Most illicit 3rd party sites do scam, if there are other sites that are more legitimate such as G2A, or Player Auctions they usually sell game keys then I would contact their support because players using scams or 3rd party sites to sell illegal items shouldn't be using the service to begin with.

Also you likely won't get banned on a first offense from (Blizzards games) just the items removed and warning issued, I would again file the charge-back against the 3rd party site and no longer use 3rd party sites.

If you need in game currency, you can now buy (WOW Tokens Legally) do not buy (WOW TOKENS) from 3rd party sites because these are often done with charge-back fraud.

There is an except of RMT though, although not officially supported by any game, you can find people who are willing to sell in game items illegally for real money, although they can still scam you and stuff so its best not to I've met a few players who have given me stuff on other games cheap and legitimate.
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

Avoid guilds and avoid pick-up groups, how does that work? playing 100% solo and wanting the end game gear... why? Open world content doesn't require it and any group content requires... well... a group.

Just out of curiosity, what "end game items" did you buy? The gear from mythic raids is mainly bound. I think Blizzard does enough by providing "soft" versions of endgame raids to everyone, in the form of Raid Finder (which was a brilliant addition to the game, no matter how much hardcore snowflakes hate it). You are able to experience the endgame as a super-casual, and get end game gear practically, just toned down versions of what "real" raiders get.
    Kyleran
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited June 2018
    lootdude said:
    DMKano said:

Is this guy trolling us?
    Dakeru
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    What the hell this guy is certainly trolling us. Blizzard should have banned his ass right on the spot.
    Phry
    Chamber of Chains