Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft - Big Changes Coming in BfA to GCD, Realm Firsts & Much More - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Maybe they will add RNG to GCD!
    SBFordRockinw311[Deleted User]CryolitycalMrMelGibson
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Albatroes said:
    Viper482 said:
    WoW needs to do what FFXIV did with pvp and create pvp specific specs and ability bars.
    I dont know about the skill homogenization but taking levels out of the equation did make it more "interested" in FFXIV's pvp. In wow and other games (since maybe MoP?) pvp got funneled into a level cap only thing instead of brackets being populated all throughout leveling. It definitely would speed up queues if the levels were non-existent and gear absolutely did not matter in like bgs, but it definitely wouldn't work well outside of that.
    The issue with PVP in WoW is that there was a separation between PVP and PVE.  Different talents, different gear, et al.  Their constant rework of the talent system made a shambles of the balance across specs across levels.  Hence the death of low level PVP brackets.  

Then there was this constant need to change specs just to PVP.  Change gear, just to PVP.  They made it so that PVP talents would be available to you without changing up your talent tree.  They made it so that PVE gear was viable in PVP and PVP gear was viable in PVE.  They made it so that non-max level players could PVP with max level players through boosting.  These things didn't draw players back into PVP like they had hoped.

The reality is, PVP never worked right from the beginning and it has constantly gotten worse since then.  This expansion may have a PVP theme, but in reality it is just another PVE ride with the opposing faction as foes.  Instead of some big bad dragon, it's the leader of the opposing faction.  It won't do anything for PVP because their track record with PVP has been complete shit.

All they care about is eSports when it comes to PVP.  And that's arena... basically cage fighting.  Not the kind of PVP the masses are looking for. 
    SBFord[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    btdt said:
    Albatroes said:
    Viper482 said:
    WoW needs to do what FFXIV did with pvp and create pvp specific specs and ability bars.
    I dont know about the skill homogenization but taking levels out of the equation did make it more "interested" in FFXIV's pvp. In wow and other games (since maybe MoP?) pvp got funneled into a level cap only thing instead of brackets being populated all throughout leveling. It definitely would speed up queues if the levels were non-existent and gear absolutely did not matter in like bgs, but it definitely wouldn't work well outside of that.
    The issue with PVP in WoW is that there was a separation between PVP and PVE.  Different talents, different gear, et al.  Their constant rework of the talent system made a shambles of the balance across specs across levels.  Hence the death of low level PVP brackets.  

Then there was this constant need to change specs just to PVP.  Change gear, just to PVP.  They made it so that PVP talents would be available to you without changing up your talent tree.  They made it so that PVE gear was viable in PVP and PVP gear was viable in PVE.  They made it so that non-max level players could PVP with max level players through boosting.  These things didn't draw players back into PVP like they had hoped.

The reality is, PVP never worked right from the beginning and it has constantly gotten worse since then.  This expansion may have a PVP theme, but in reality it is just another PVE ride with the opposing faction as foes.  Instead of some big bad dragon, it's the leader of the opposing faction.  It won't do anything for PVP because their track record with PVP has been complete shit.

All they care about is eSports when it comes to PVP.  And that's arena... basically cage fighting.  Not the kind of PVP the masses are looking for. 
    The "Masses" seem to like limited fighting like MOBA's.
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    edited April 2018
    GCD related to PvP. This tells you exactly where Blizzard thinks the future of WoW is: Esports.

Nothing else to really say about it. If PvE players had any doubts about it, this should dissuade them. Not touching this expansion until it's on sale for 99 cents.
    MrMelGibson
  • kjohiokjohio Member UncommonPosts: 35
    I tried getting into WoW 3 times but left after 3-4 months. Not sure if BoA will be any different.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited April 2018
    This article is literally all filler. All of this stuff they are adding to the game is just fluff, no substance, and more of the same. Why are games so afraid to add new content that hasn't been done already?
    Cryolitycal[Deleted User]
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited April 2018
    Horusra said:
    btdt said:
    Albatroes said:
    Viper482 said:

And, since MOBAs don't have to deal with anything other than arena fighting, they'll always do it better than an MMORPG, which is why it makes sense those that enjoy that would be playing a MOBA instead of an MMORPG.  None of that means Blizzard should be chasing that pie with WoW.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited April 2018

mike32927 said:

SBFord said:

Honestly, it's good for PvP arenas and battlegrounds, but I am pretty sure it's terrible for everywhere else. The problem is that they're blending a lot of PvP and PvE into the war mode system that they can't reasonably apply GCD changes to PvP only. 

I'm a skeptic when it comes to WoW devs saying "we're listening" because in my experience, they rarely if EVER do.

I'm with you, it seems they get more arrogant with every expansion.

I think almost any developer would become arrogant if they could release half baked expansions for the price of a full game and have it sell in the millions for a decade+.

Next expansion or sooner GCD will be removed followed by a "we're listening" announcement.

People used to say "video games rot your brain". Blizzard is doing a good job of that by changing shit around for no reason other than to distract and confuse. Even people who played a couple expansions ago can't remember the details. If they keep changing things and you can't remember it's like something new but guess what it's the same 10+ year old game with a re-skin. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if 50 years from now it's revealed that WoW was a social experiment used to determine tolerance and awareness. How much BS can you tolerate and how aware are you of that BS.
    Post edited by BruceYee on
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Horusra said:
    btdt said:
    Albatroes said:
    Viper482 said:

Not MMO players.  I like the change on paper.  However, I haven't tried it so I can't be 100% sure.  Damn it takes them a long time to release an expansion.  WoW combat in general sucks compared to the newer MMO's imo.  Lame macros, full on tab targeting with set "rotations".  I'll go back for the community/guild but it is getting more archaic with each expansion.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    kjohio said:
    I tried getting into WoW 3 times but left after 3-4 months. Not sure if BoA will be any different.
    You know, it's ok to enjoy Wow for a few months at a time, with every new expansion.  Hell, you're doing what probably 50%+ of that new expansion population does every time.  You're doing it right.  Play it while you are having fun.  Then shuffle your next games/mmos till the next expansion.  I've been doing that since Pandaria.
    [Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2018
    Yeah, I literally just got done watching that lol. All I see this doing is making bad players even worse and good players slightly worse as well given the degree of forethought you're going to need with your defensives. Lol I watched preach the other day wipe trying to spam AD on his pally in alpha when dps (aka hunter barrage) kept pulling mobs. I see the logic from a PVP perspective but the thing I dont get is this: they have the ability to set which ones get on and which aren't, so couldn't they just have this auto-apply when you trigger war mode and/or enter a bg/arena and have it disabled for pve entirely?
  • illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343
    The issue I have with burst CDs being on GCD is you're cheated out of 1.5 seconds of duration...thanks to not being able to use an attack ability right after activating the CD.

I'd really like it if ALL MMOs would make their CDs activate on the next attack (offense) or hit (defense). While also having a duration timer of like 30 seconds for the "buff" and when that buff expires (either triggered or 'runs out') then the CD's recast timer is triggered.

That way you could activate your 'Adrenaline Rush' and make full use of it once you start using abilities. But, if you wait too long, then the buff falls off and you'll be waiting that 2.5 minutes to 5 minutes (depending on if you talented for a CD recast timer reduction).

With Defensive CDs, I'd treat them all like Shield Block. Put up a reduction that eats the next attack, only it won't just disappear, it'll trigger the duration timer. This prevents tanks from needs to 'pre-pop' CDs in order to survive a tank buster attack.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    edited April 2018

Mardukk said:

Horusra said:

btdt said:

Albatroes said:

Viper482 said:

Not MMO players.  I like the change on paper.  However, I haven't tried it so I can't be 100% sure.  Damn it takes them a long time to release an expansion.  WoW combat in general sucks compared to the newer MMO's imo.  Lame macros, full on tab targeting with set "rotations".  I'll go back for the community/guild but it is getting more archaic with each expansion.

Ya if only they could go back to not needing tab target to being with (can be removed through macros), have combat slowed down so real player reactions counted, and no set rotations in all areas of the game other than raiding.

Oh wait! The game launched that way!

You stay sassy!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2018
    Why am I seeing an increase in raid clear sale advertisements almost everywhere as of late? (this site included) I'm not risk my comp by visiting one but I'm guessing its clears for real money? If so, didn't blizzard publicly say they were gonna crack down on that? Yet I see more and more advertisement.