Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gear Snobs And Guilds In This Game

Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430

First off I have had fun playing this game. I enjoyed the story and the Asian setting. I played 9Dragons for many years and had fun there also. 

My guild was a bit inactive and I asked in the faction chat today on the Zulia server if there were any guilds recruiting that weren't gear snobs? Every response I got was you need to be max level (I am at 45). You need to have an attack power at such and such a number. 

When I began playing multiplayer games guilds formed for friendship and comradeship. A place to group together and talk and help each other and experience this online game in friendship. Now we are at the point of I need you a guild friend to have such and such an attack power for you to help me in this raid? Otherwise you have no use for me and my friendship?

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Usually I look for and post something to the effect of looking for a casual guild that's interested in having fun and making friends, no pressure.  It sometimes takes awhile or I come across one while reading guild invites in the forums and join.  I don't belong in a guild in this game but the approach has worked well for a lot of games when being in a guild is an advantage for xp gains, buffs, and such things.
    Sal1

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    From my experience playing on an EU server, I'd say this game has one of the less socially approachable player bases.  Slightly shortened description - awful.
    Sal1
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Usually I look for and post something to the effect of looking for a casual guild that's interested in having fun and making friends, no pressure.  It sometimes takes awhile or I come across one while reading guild invites in the forums and join.  I don't belong in a guild in this game but the approach has worked well for a lot of games when being in a guild is an advantage for xp gains, buffs, and such things.
    When I began playing Star Trek Online I was totally spoiled and had great luck in encountering the Access Denied guild there. They didn't ask me how powerful my character was and things of this nature. They asked have you enjoyed the game and will you continue to play it with your guild friends?
    Octagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    The last guild I joined was for Destiny 2.  I read a post in the forum that pretty much said they were very casual and just created to get the benefits of being in a guild.  I joined right away and have been happy with the results.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• k4tek4te Member CommonPosts: 11
    It's a matter of finding players with the same gaming time as you. If you don't play for very long, then obviously you can't expect to join a guild of whales. 

Don't take the AP and level matter seriously. Look for a "friendly" guild, one that lets newbies in. Often times those bloated requirements are due to these guilds running Skybreak Spire and Vortex Temple for the entire guild and because of that, they don't let just anyone in. Another point is cause some extremely active guilds are trying to avoid inviting inactive people or alts.
    Mikeha
  • LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Sounds like you need a better game. Gear snobs ruin every MMO. Their OP gear crazy ego is nothing more than compensating for things they lack in RL. Like popularity and confidence. Plus most F2P and B2P games are full of scrubs who don't care much about the game and once they've driven the population down, they just move to the next one. You're better off playing subbed games because a majority of their community are a little less likely to be toxic and snobby.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    When you are a priest class and you have more hit points than the warrior who is offering to tank, why would you take him?  Gear snobbery is just common sense if you have uber stuff.
    Sal1
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Blade & Soul is straight P2W perpetual gear treadmill foolery. What else are they going to be snobs about? Skills?  :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Starting out by asking for guilds that weren't gear snobs was inviting disaster. Octogon presented wording that would have a better chance of success, or at least not have as much chance to pointlessly ruffle feathers.

Checking out the guild recruitment forums on their site may also help you find a guild that has the qualities you seek.
    Kyleran
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    You can thank Blizzard for gear score nonsense but you can still blame the BnS team for adhering to such stupid game designs.

YOU the player should matter 90% and your gear 10% IF at all.Gear should just be the fun part not THE part of the game.

This why FFXi up until level 75 ruled the roost for mmorpg design,your gear didn't matter ,sure it could add a bit but was never a factor in weather you win or lose.What gear actually did if you attained all the best items per slot was allow players to solo but no matter what the design made sure that friendship and grouping was still far superior.

What i find sad is that it took to this guild problem for you to realize how bad BnS really is in it's design.
    The new generation of gamer seems hell bent on flashy action combat,to me it is not even good but that is what the new gen gamer's seem to be brainwashed with.Same reason why Diablo was a popular game with it's fast ADD type speed gaming.

Me i look for solid design not speed or flashy,i actually call speedy flashy action games SPAM games.
    The same reason i QUIT playing FFXi was what you are seeing in BnS,i can't stand gear oriented game design and that was how FFXI changed.I can't imagine the brain fart devs have when they THINK a game that revolves around YOU the character should be more  about gear and NOT YOU.

Long story short,this is what devs cater to now,the new mentality of gamer,so i quit playing rpg's altogether and play one survival game that so happens has more rpg elements than rpg's do.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.