Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Humble Beginnings: A Sea of Thieves Cinematic/Machinima [4K]

AdunAdun Member UncommonPosts: 70

Watch in 4K. Enjoy, feedback always welcome! 

Comments

• RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Rhoklaw said:
    I didn't but this game cause of the Win 10 / XBox exclusive title and after watching that player at the 2:20 mark jump 50 feet off a ship at the player recording this video, I'm kind of glad I didn't have the option to buy, lol. I know it's not a serious game, but maybe that's part of the reason people view it as a shallow game.
    When you have a sword equipped you can do a sword lunge attack, it doesn't work like that on land. 

If you do it into water, you will glide quite long distance, quite fast. It's actually a bug, similar to skiing in Starsiege: Tribes. It's a fun feature so Rare left it in.
  • AdunAdun Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Haha, that was a lunge attack, the only thing in the game that lets you move like that. But yeah it is rather on the "exaggerated" side of plausibility, I think intentionally, to give melee more of a presence.  

To be fair to the game though, the sailing mechanics are the best I've ever seen in any game ever made, IMHO, and it has a lot of cool stuff to experience.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    The game is outstanding, still can t get enough. Can t wait to log in later.
  • helllordkbhelllordkb Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I've been looking for FUN in online games again for several to many years now since the days of EQ 1 and Star Wars galaxies. I played multiple games, WoW, GW2, DAoC, BDO,  SWL and TSW, ESO. I got excited about a number of games that just failed to live up, ArchAge, EQN and more.

Alot of these games have had many much much more in content and quest and classes, and game mechanics and "choices". They felt amazing for a while but lacked consistent fun, real fun.

I finally found the fun, in Sea of Thieves. I can't put my finger on why, maybe its the complexity of sailing and voyages and the open world PvP at the same time. But this is a ton of fun.

The core of the game is fun and the possibities for feature and story and enhancement in this game are boundless.