Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Word or Phrase Do You Think People Should Start Using?

EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
Ok so here are the rules. You're creating a word or short phrase to simply capture an idea for which no simple word or phrase currently exists. This can be a word you came up with yourself or something you've heard people say that isn't commonly used yet.

These can or can't be gaming related.

So here is one I came up with.

"Anti-Fanboy/Fangirl" - An individual who is as committed to hating something as a fanboy is to loving it. Essentially the equal but opposite of a fanboy.

Examples:
"Man I don't like Justin Bieber's music but you hate that kid so much you come off as an anti-fanboy of his."
"You post as much on the Star Citizen section as much as the actual fans of the game do yet you hate it. Get a life and stop being such an anti-fanboy."

An here is an idea that I think needs one.

If you are married your spouse's family become your "in-laws." "Brother-in-law", "sister-in-law", "mother-in-law", "father-in-law" etc. But if you are simply in a relationship with someone, particularly a long term relationship there is no word to describe their family other than "My girlfriend's brother" etc.

It would be cool to see an "in-law" type phrase arise that describes the family of a significant other you are not yet married to.

Asheram

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    I want to say "Holy fuck knuckles" but Rosspool already created it.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    I kind of miss the phrase, "Thank You." It'd be cool if it came back into style :)
    dougha1Gorwe

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• dougha1dougha1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    edited April 2018
    People need to go back to saying "problem."  Until recently, when someone had a problem, they said "problem."  Now they say "issue" when they mean problem.

Remember, kids: only the publisher or collector of periodicals has issues. ;)

This forum is broken. It is time to move to proboards, because they're broken.