Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Level of Interest in Chronicles of Elyria

mystichazemystichaze Member UncommonPosts: 378
edited April 2018 in Chronicles of Elyria
Since we are always hearing from the same posters, debating the same things over and over, one can't really get a feel for the general interest in Chronicles of Elyria. I have created the attached poll because I am genuinely curious what the demographics of interest looks like on the MMORPG forums. 

Please take a moment to vote on your personal choice.

Thanks in Advance.

PS: The poll has been deleted, thanks to those who took the time to vote but I am done with the drama that came with it. 

Post edited by mystichaze on
MikehaWylfJamesGoblinSlapshot1188Kyleran[Deleted User]OrangeBoy

Comments

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Although I am no longer a KS backer of the game, I still leave open the possibility of playing it after launch if it looks like fun. So, I voted the "needs more information" option.
    mystichaze
    --------------------------------------------
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I am still very interested in this game. I really like how it will have a huge focus on politics. 

mystichazedeniter
  • mystichazemystichaze Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Unfortunately, I can't vote in my own poll, but I think everyone knows I support the game in its development. :)
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    I can see how this could be skewed by a certain whale or a developer with cantt charts asking their followers to sign up and saturate the survey with faulty readings.

But still worth the survey none-the-less
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited April 2018
    it had wall to wall coverage about 1-2 years ago, but once other games with artwork and sketches came out, it got replaced as the new cool game supposed to come out in pre pre pre alpha.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
    edited April 2018
    OrangeBoy said:
    I can see how this could be skewed by a certain whale or a developer with cantt charts asking their followers to sign up and saturate the survey with faulty readings.

But still worth the survey none-the-less
    It could be yes, but it is not. That would totally defeat my purpose in creating it. And clearly, if a whale or developer got all their backers over here to vote there would be far more votes and the results would look vastly different.
    I would like to thank all those who voted. It would have been nice to acquire more votes but even with this small sample, it has confirmed to me what I expected the demographic to be.  

Thanks again. :)
    Dleatherus
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Since we are always hearing from the same posters, debating the same things over and over, one can't really get a feel for the general interest ...

@mystichaze that is the best and truest comment I have seen on these forums in a while.  +10 for extremely insightful!
    Slapshot1188mystichazeKyleran
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    Where is "Is a game I know it will fail" option ?
    Slapshot1188

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    First week 100% interested
    second week skeptical
    third week onwards,not very much anymore,don't like any form of p2w or buy yoru way in for head starts or anything of that nature.

So seeing that really nothing is coming from the mmorpg genre,i just went back to playing Hearthstone a TCG that i really have a lot of distaste for but i just like card games.

When somebody has a HQ mmorpg with depth  and it is finished with no cash shops and built with their own money,let me know.
    BruceYeeKyleran

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Only 1/4 negative option, as expected.

PS The option "CoE is NOT a game and it'll never become one - rendering the whole poll pointless" should be added, in my humble opinion =)
    Slapshot1188IceAge[Deleted User]GeezerGamer
     W...aaagh?
    edited April 2018

PS The option "CoE is NOT a game and it'll never become one - rendering the whole poll pointless" should be added, in my humble opinion

Not to sound rude, but in my opinion,  these comments fit very nicely under "Not interested in the game" Since none of us have a crystal ball that foresees the future. :)
    Dleatherus[Deleted User]
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    edited April 2018
    Nevermind 
    BruceYeeJamesGoblin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    No macOS or Linux client, no interest.

I only support cross-platform games.

Only 1/4 negative option, as expected.

PS The option "CoE is NOT a game and it'll never become one - rendering the whole poll pointless" should be added, in my humble opinion =)
    Negative option? Hmm, I didn't realize there was a negative, nor positive option. It is simply the degree of one's interest in the game. As I have stated many times, the type of game that CoE is intended to be isn't going to be to everyone's taste. That doesn't make it negative or positive, but simply personal preference. 

What I find sad is those that aren't interested in the game, or find fault in it, feel the need to attack those that are. Which in turn makes it very difficult to have a decent debate in these forums. In addition, it prevents a lot of people from even bothering to get involved in the conversation.  I have seen some very diplomatic people disappear rather quickly from these forums because to try to have a mature conversation is next to impossible. 

And the fact that you feel CoE will never become a game (which of course is just your assumption) is irrelevant to my poll considering it is about peoples -Interest-.
    MikehaJamesGoblinAnOldFartFangrim
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

What I find sad is those that aren't interested in the game, or find fault in it, feel the need to attack those that are. Which in turn makes it very difficult to have a decent debate in these forums. In addition, it prevents a lot of people from even bothering to get involved in the conversation.  I have seen some very diplomatic people disappear rather quickly from these forums because to try to have a mature conversation is next to impossible. 
    Well, to be fair, it's equally annoying to listen to someone gush all over a game and then proceed to argue with anyone who doesn't share their enthusiasm. That doesn't foster healthy debate either.
    mystichazeSlapshot1188JamesGoblinMendel

Well, to be fair, it's equally annoying to listen to someone gush all over a game and then proceed to argue with anyone who doesn't share their enthusiasm. That doesn't foster healthy debate either.
    I agree, and perhaps I come across as though I do this at times. I have to admit that Dleatherus is far better at being diplomatic than I am. However, I have more than once agreed with the opposing opinions. But I get frustrated when trying to have a debate on a particular subject and those same irrelevant topics (That I have already agreed with in the past) are brought into nearly every conversation. 

AnOldFart
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118

PS The option "CoE is NOT a game and it'll never become one - rendering the whole poll pointless" should be added, in my humble opinion

Not to sound rude, but in my opinion,  these comments fit very nicely under "Not interested in the game" Since none of us have a crystal ball that foresees the future. :)
    I have something better then a crystal ball to know that this will fail. 17 years of MMO experience. I have seen plenty, I have played plenty and yes, Crow(fall) is not a game and it will never become one.
    Dagon13mystichaze[Deleted User]AnOldFart

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

edited April 2018
    IceAge said:

I have something better then a crystal ball to know that this will fail. 17 years of MMO experience. I have seen plenty, I have played plenty and yes, Crow(fall) is not a game and it will never become one.
    And it still remains irrelevant to this poll.

Edited to add: Plus we are talking about CoE, not Crowfall so I think your 17-year-old crystal ball might be broke. heh
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Sample size is so small, I doubt you can find any conclusive data from this poll. Also the options are odd and aren't fair

Also I like this part
    What I find sad is those that aren't interested in the game, or find fault in it, feel the need to attack those that are. Which in turn makes it very difficult to have a decent debate in these forums.
    Its hard to be a "diplomat" or unbiased when you have these prejudices, seeing as how mentioning practicality or criticism is considered an attack for you.
    JamesGoblinmystichazeSlapshot1188Linif
  • DleatherusDleatherus Member UncommonPosts: 168
    edited April 2018
    IceAge said:

i have 20 years of mmo experience - started with Ultima Online in 1998 (Baja Shard)

so effing what? - does that make my 'knowing' better than your 'knowing'

NOBODY "knows" whether it is going to succeed or fail

you can only, with varying degrees of conviction, believe/hope that it will succeed, or believe/hope that it will fail

an idiot claiming they "know" it will fail is just as misguided and full of shit as the idiot who "knows" it will succeed

the only difference is, i haven't seen any idiots asking for "where is the 'I know it will succeed' option?"

Post edited by Dleatherus on
    mystichazeAnOldFartJamesGoblin
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited April 2018

No crystal ball needed. In the end the developers will blame the players and haters for their failure, pack up what dignity they have left and vanish like farts in the wind. It's not easy to convince the regular MMO gamer public, much less outsiders to the genera that this is how you do an MMO.
    Linif
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Sedryn Tyros:

Trying to gauge the level of interest from people who may be looking for a game like Chronicles of Elyria means trying to filter out all the other extraneous noise of those folks relentlessly hammering a game that even isn't even out yet.  Not an easy task.

Oddly that is the exact reason I created this poll. I get the impression that many that are interested in CoE don't bother to post in any of the other threads because they have been witness to what goes on there. And I wanted to know if there were others out there that -are- interested in the game, and to what degree. 

I do find it amusing though how it is all the Naysayers whining about how the poll is not fair.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    I would vote but my option isn't there...

Interested in this game but don't believe it will come out as advertised if it comes out at all.
    VrikamystichazeJamesGoblinMendel

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Asm0deus said:
    I would vote but my option isn't there...

Interested in this game but don't believe it will come out as advertised if it comes out at all.
    Actually, it is there "Is a game I need to learn more about before making a decision" fits perfectly but for some reason, you had to get on the don't believe boat. 

This Poll isn't about whether or not the game will come out, I am not sure what is so hard to understand about that.