Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon at Pax East Info

KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
To start off with, Visionary Realms is offering a new special Pax Pledge Tier worth $1,000. It’s similar to the regular-flavor $1000 tier, with a few extra perks, including pre-alpha access to let you hop into the game in May. 

But if that is too rich for your blood, VR is having a contest. The studio is giving away five such $1000 packages during Pax East. All you have to do is sign up for their newsletter to be entered. I think it's for US residents only. 

If you are interested in the new Pax Pledge Tier, or want to sign up for the contest you can check out the link below. 

https://pantheonmmo.com/pax/

Tonight VR is having a stream with streamer Bazgrim. They will be doing interviews, and talking about new game mechanics. It starts at 9pm est. You can check out Bazgrim's channel here :

https://www.twitch.tv/bazgrimtv

Tomorrow VR will be streaming at 5pm est., with streamer Bazgrim, and they will be showing off the new zone Black Rose Keep. 

https://www.twitch.tv/bazgrimtv

Chris "Joppa" Perkins will be doing an interview that will be posted on Youtube, and the team will be doing an interview with MassivlyOp.

I will post more info about Pax when I get it. 

AmatheKilsin[Deleted User]dcutbi001

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    VR has updated the Sunhunter pledge ($1k USD). It will now include Pre-Alpha, this includes anyone who has purchased it prior. But the deal will end on May 1st. 

If you already have a pledge, and want to upgrade to get into Pre-Alpha. You can upgrade to the Sunhunter pledge.

Amathe

VR had a meet and greet at the Asgard Irish Pub & Restaurant in Boston on April 5th from 8:30pm est to closing. Devs who attended where : 

Brad “Aradune” McQuaid

Chris “ Joppa” Perkins

Tim “Convo” Walthen

Tod “Zippyzee” Curtis

Benjamin “Machial” Dean

David “Roenick” Schlow

Lynn “Henchman9” Ashworth

The streamer Bazgrim had a 30 min stream at the meet and greet that you can check out here : 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/247110098

During the stream Bazgrim talked about the first day @ PAX East and met up with the Community and Developers later in the evening to have a nice cold Dwarven Ale.

The biggest announcement during the Stream came from Joppa himself “Bard`s"might make it to Launch! They are working hard to make this happen, but it's a big MAYBE. Still that news of the Bard was highly received and got a lot of people excited. Bards are definitely one of the most anticipated classes for Pantheon.

Bazgrim also posted a Vlog about the meet and greet, that you can watch if your interested. 

MrMelGibsonAmathe
    On Saturday April 7th, Brad Mcquiad had a panel with other industry vets, including Mmorpg.com's Garrett Fuller to talk about How players shape games. So most of it was non-pantheon related stuff. 

But Brad did announce during the panel the planned time frames for Alpha & Beta. Alpha should start at the end of 2018, with a beta sometime in 2019. These time frames are just a rough estimate. 

Word on the street is that VR is planing to have 30 zones for launch (That includes dungeons), and they will be 2x to 3x the size of a regular zone in WOW. 

Amathe[Deleted User]delete5230
    edited April 2018
    Pictures from Pax East Part 1

Amathe
    Pictures of Pax East Part 2

SovrathAmathe[Deleted User]
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    i only wish I had more "awesomes" to give for sharing all of this cool stuff. 
    Sovrath

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    So many Nerds in one place! I thought it was a star trek convention at first....Also this game wont see the light of day till at least 2020, so that means two more years of mental masturbation here about it.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Pledge's I thought Chris Roberts had the patent on those ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    edited April 2018
    During Pax, the streamer Bazgrim, had an interview with Chris "Joppa" Perkins (Creative Director, Audio Director and Lead Game Designer). 

Together they talked about the different classes that will be in Pantheon. 

Post edited by Kumapon on
    Amathe
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I got some bad vibes listening to that interview,based on knowing how and what devs been doing in these games.
    Druid healing sounds like a goofy idea incoming,something like somersault and heals aoe.

Ranger,yet another pet class whereby the two combine perform about as good as 1 normal class,so nothing exciting there.
    The reason why combat was stale in the EQ series for me,is they tossed around different terms but the combat just felt the same from archetype to archetype and combat felt very handcuffed.

"handcuffed" basically means,you know the outcome of your combat before it even starts.I prefer WANT combat that is like ok very tough but rewarding if i do everything just right and use my abilities wisely.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScummScumm Member UncommonPosts: 78
    That's a lot of info at once, thanks for the interview Baz.  

I'm witholding judgement until the actual class reveals, but I am getting a slight feeling of ptsd from playing a Ranger at EQ launch. The brief description given makes it sound like the original identity-crisis "Master-of-None" Ranger from EQ. But Chris is obviously aware of those problems and I'm eager for the official reveal. 

Not thrilled about the pets, but it sounds like they may be essentially ranger-flavor for specific skills rather than true pets. 

I think I've said this before, but I'm really hoping Rangers get some skills to help pull. Just from an RP-perspective, they seem like they should be the ultimate pullers: Strong ranged attacks, outdoor hide/sneak and increased run speed, traps, etc. But in reality they can't compete with a Monk's FD. 

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    Kumapon said:
    Pictures from Pax East Part 1

Did you get one of those Pantheon booklets on the table in picture 2? Got a scanner??? :) 
    Gyva02 said:
    Kumapon said:
    <snip>

Did you get one of those Pantheon booklets on the table in picture 2? Got a scanner??? :) 
    Those were just flyers, I think, and flyers on Origin PC's. The booklets were pax east info, maps and stuff. But VR did put a full page ad in the booklet. 

Gyva02
    Bazgrim "the Streamer" posted another Vlog on Pax. This one shows off the new zone Black Rose Keep.

Gyva02Amathe
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    edited April 2018
    Wizardry said:
    I got some bad vibes listening to that interview,based on knowing how and what devs been doing in these games.
    Druid healing sounds like a goofy idea incoming,something like somersault and heals aoe.

Ranger,yet another pet class whereby the two combine perform about as good as 1 normal class,so nothing exciting there.
    The reason why combat was stale in the EQ series for me,is they tossed around different terms but the combat just felt the same from archetype to archetype and combat felt very handcuffed.

"handcuffed" basically means,you know the outcome of your combat before it even starts.I prefer WANT combat that is like ok very tough but rewarding if i do everything just right and use my abilities wisely.

I get the feeling that druid healing may end up being similar to the Disciple in Vanguard.  I just hope it won't be melee focused, but it likely will, considering they are going to make the Ranger melee focused with hoakey ranged moves that move them in close and away.  As if this game needs yet another melee focused class ( Warrior, Paladin, Dire Lord, Rogue, Monk, Ranger and possibly Bard).  At the very least, they should implement an Archer class as we have absolutely zero non-magical ranged classes slated for release.
    jimmywolf

Yes it is me again, the annoying one, who keeps pestering about Pantheon...lol

The contest was drawn, and emails have gone out to the lucky winners, who won a VIP package that includes pre-alpha. So check your email to see if you won. 

Amathe
    edited April 2018
    Kumapon said:
    On Saturday April 7th, Brad Mcquiad had a panel with other industry vets, including Mmorpg.com's Garrett Fuller to talk about How players shape games. So most of it was non-pantheon related stuff. 

But Brad did announce during the panel the planned time frames for Alpha & Beta. Alpha should start at the end of 2018, with a beta sometime in 2019. These time frames are just a rough estimate. 

Word on the street is that VR is planing to have 30 zones for launch (That includes dungeons), and they will be 2x to 3x the size of a regular zone in WOW. 

People have been asking for panel related stuff, so here is the video of the panel. Like I said before, most of it is non-pantheon related stuff, but when Brad talked, there was some nice info. 

Amathe
    People asked for more Pantheon Demo coverage, so here it is !

MikehaAmatheGyva02
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I don't remember much of anything from Vanguard anymore.
    As to a Ranger moving around,well FFXI did that but it was to make sense.Depending on your use of bow/xbow or gun you had the best accuracy/dmg depending if you were standing in the sweet spot,so just the right distance not too close not too far.

Instead of learning their player,people just went straight for cheating ...sigh.Using an app that told them their exact distance from target.Anyhow i don't mind if they make Ranger move around IF it "makes sense"i don't want to see any nonsense like BDO does,with dbl dodge back flip's somersaults,spin o ramma's,the combat was just worse than retarded.
    Like whomever made the Ranger class in BDO should NEVER design a class or well anything for that matter,ever again.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Wizardry said:
    i don't want to see any nonsense like BDO does,with dbl dodge back flip's somersaults,spin o ramma's,the combat was just worse than retarded.
    Like whomever made the Ranger class in BDO should NEVER design a class or well anything for that matter,ever again.
    If you only could understand. But you don't. You just don't have it in yourself and you think everything is trying to be realistic.
    Kyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Sovrath said:
    Wizardry said:
    i don't want to see any nonsense like BDO does,with dbl dodge back flip's somersaults,spin o ramma's,the combat was just worse than retarded.
    If you only could understand. But you don't. You just don't have it in yourself and you think everything is trying to be realistic.
    I hate when magic wizard staffs aren't like real ones, and when elves aren't like real elves.
    SovrathWellspringKyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

This is the last Vlog of Pax East. If you notice in the video, the guys over at Ashes of Creation were curious, what all the buzz was about. 

Also there will be a stream tonight at 10 pm est., that features devs Roenick and Convo. You can check out the stream here : 

https://www.twitch.tv/saicred
    Gyva02Kilsin
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Sovrath said:
    Wizardry said:

Simply hit the nuke ability and wipe out the entire zone, that's realistic !
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited April 2018
    Always good to see fans enjoying themselves, and I liked the look of the graphics and must admit as I don't follow MMOs much before they launch, so that's about all I know about the game. But they want you to stump up a $1000 dollars? Hopefully you can see how see why I am a bit gob smacked?

I bought a lifetimes subscription of LotR for £100, its the most I have ever paid for a MMO at launch and that was for a launch, not for what I think is a pre-alpha launch? I really hope this gives you as much great gameplay as the money you have invested.

Also it would be nice to see a video from a fan who does not look like he should be in school and hear what they think about the MMO. ;)
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Scot said:
    Always good to see fans enjoying themselves, and I liked the look of the graphics and must admit as I don't follow MMOs much before they launch, so that's about all I know about the game. But they want you to stump up a $1000 dollars? Hopefully you can see how see why I am a bit gob smacked?

I bought a lifetimes subscription of LotR for £100, its the most I have ever paid for a MMO at launch and that was for a launch, not for what I think is a pre-alpha launch? I really hope this gives you as much great gameplay as the money you have invested.

Also it would be nice to see a video from a fan who does not look like he should be in school and hear what they think about the MMO. ;)
    When you get to be my age people in their 30s look like they should still be in school.

:# 

Scotdelete5230Amathe

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon