Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am Purple Now

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Kumapon said:
    Now that you are purple @Scot , what are you going to do next ?

No stop to Orange!

Actually just taking it easy, resting on my purple laurels...which can be a bit uncomfortable. :)
    [Deleted User]
    I am with the never block anyone crowd, you have to be prepared to listen even if it is nonsense.
    MikeB said:
    Just wait until the expansion forum comes out and we have to grind to RED...
    I've considered looking into adding Artifact (light gold or red) in the past. Maybe something to revisit. Some of you guys have tons of points past Legendary.

It looks like the devs have decided the best thing to do about end game is raise the level max without adding content. Deja vu anyone?
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Scot said:
    Kumapon said:
    Now that you are purple @Scot , what are you going to do next ?

No stop to Orange!

Actually just taking it easy, resting on my purple laurels...which can be a bit uncomfortable. :)
    D'oh! I forgot to congratulate you! You look good in purple :wink:
    Scot[Deleted User]

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

AlBQuirky said:
    kitarad said:
    OP you earned your points with good posts and I enjoy reading them I do however find the change to allowing WTFs to earn points a bit of a loss of value to the point system. Some posters do not deserve their points since they post nonsensical things that earn them a record number of WTFs.

LOLs can sometimes be attributed (with the exception of @Gdemami ; awarding them) to genuine laughters but WTFs should not contribute to the points at all. That's my opinion of course but people read posts and then decide in what way they react and WTFs is not a good litmus to the content. I suppose I will now earn a whole bunch of WTFs for this post.
    Pretty much why I never give "WTF" and I only give "LOL" when I was genuinely amused.

"Oh yeah, you just posted shit, I'm going to reward you with a WTF which gives you a +1" doesn't sound right to me.
    I didn't even know this, so I may make purple by @Gdemami wtf's alone :)
    He does "LOL" more than "WTF" I think, but yeah, you may just do that :D

So now Gdemami's reputation goes from that of "what is he on" to the Tooth Fairy. He is really a great guy, taking posts which are not that good, giving them a polish with a "lol" and awarding you a +1 for them. :)
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Damn this account is 2004 and I don't have a Epic.  I need a cash shop to keep up with your no lifers.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Amathe
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Meh. I think the systems like this ruin meaningful discussions and take away from the site's original intentions of bringing mmorpg players together.

It's a click bait game that takes away from saying something to contribute. Make controversial and hot topics center point. The Yo Momma jokes and insults to intelligence usually get the clicks. 
    Scot
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Scot said:
    MikeB said:
    Just wait until the expansion forum comes out and we have to grind to RED...
    I've considered looking into adding Artifact (light gold or red) in the past. Maybe something to revisit. Some of you guys have tons of points past Legendary.

It looks like the devs have decided the best thing to do about end game is raise the level max without adding content. Deja vu anyone?
    but but but... Isn't this a sandbox where us players create the content?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Meh. I think the systems like this ruin meaningful discussions and take away from the site's original intentions of bringing mmorpg players together.

It's a click bait game that takes away from saying something to contribute. Make controversial and hot topics center point. The Yo Momma jokes and insults to intelligence usually get the clicks. 

If you ever dig into history and find transcripts from the Roman forums over 2000 years ago, you will sadly discover 2 blokes in togas exchanging "Yo Momma" barbs while in heated debate over the new standard colour proposal of olives.

Nothing is ever new, its just history repeating itself, just hopefully with less stabbings and actual sex with your own mother...(ref Roman history, not currant forum members, unless wearing an actual toga right now)

Grandstanding was and still is the political ancient way to click bait, audience is now wider the forum is larger, but its same old, same old.
    Scot

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Meh at one point I was blue then for what ever reason my likes, insightfuls, etc were reset.  That was a fairly long time ago and it wasn't worth the bother to complain over it.
    Asm0deus
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Nyctelios said:
    Lots a bitter greenies over here tonight with us, tough crowd.
    Nyctelios said:
    I wouldn't know, I only read Blue posts and up, thats how I roll baby  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Slapshot1188AlBQuirkyScot
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    Nyctelios said:
    You got. I am a bitter greeny. I am envious of your name color. 
    Scot

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    such an achievement well done  :neutral: :dizzy:
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Krimzin said:
    Nyctelios said:
    I don't know why.

The only thing it shows is how much time people waste...er, I mean spend on this site.
    Scot

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    The forum is not a mmorpg and because some do look at it like that most posting is crap to read cause people just post to get post count high like that turtlewhatever dude at some point before he had gold name he was posting every few minutes complete bullshit posts.
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Me: 114 agrees over 21 WTF                       = ~5:1
    @Sovrath: 2.1k agrees over 50 WTF             = ~40+
    @Not going to mention 20 agrees over 39 WTF           = ~0.5 ;(

702 AGREE over 20 WTF... that's like 35:1.

Wow, i'm good :P

(sensing incoming WTFs on this post...)
    2200  Agrees, 80 WTFs    27.5.....  not so bad

Now LOL's, I collect those like candy......955   2.3

lttexxan[Deleted User][Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Grats. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Don't hate on green.
    Scot[Deleted User]
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Kyleran said:

Me: 114 agrees over 21 WTF                       = ~5:1
    @Sovrath: 2.1k agrees over 50 WTF             = ~40+
    @Not going to mention 20 agrees over 39 WTF           = ~0.5 ;(

702 AGREE over 20 WTF... that's like 35:1.

Wow, i'm good :P

(sensing incoming WTFs on this post...)
    2200  Agrees, 80 WTFs    27.5.....  not so bad

Now LOL's, I collect those like candy......955   2.3

Insightfulsare weighted 10x an agree because it means you can provided info or an observation that the other person was not aware of!

Agrees are for noobs

Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    Krimzin said:
    Nyctelios said:
    I don't know why.

The only thing it shows is how much time people waste...er, I mean spend on this site.
    My apologies, I clearly didn't put enough emphasis to make the sarcasm apparent. 
    I do like looking at people join dates though.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
    Well not sure much more can be said, but I do help other posters when they make orange, purple, blue or green come to pub and do a "I am Green Now" post or whatever. :)
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Asm0deus said:
    Vrika said:
    Asm0deus said:
    I wonder can the system be gamed? 

I will give insightfuls to anyone that gives me some...lolz
    It looks like 1 lol gives you 1 point more. Giving 20 lols took something between 2-3 minutes, so raising you to Legendary would require between 3-5 hours of time.

I sense an opportunity for Chinese power-lolling service.

Every reaction seems to be worth the same (1 point). I couldn't test on what a Promote -reaction would be worth.

It looks like quoting you isn't worth of any points.
    Oh wow you actually came and gave me 20 lols

Hmm I might  be real busy tomorrow, when I get up, handing out returns!

I am at 1073 points as of this post.

EDIT: Just gave you 20 insightfuls Vrika
    Maybe it would be better to ask

@MikeB is trading reactions or similar activity forbidden? I wouldn't want to get accidentally banned for doing something like this.

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    edited April 2018
    If anyone is to take anything away from this thread, it is that I am proud of you all for not managing to  inject Purple, throbbing and member into anywhere along the line, it was begging for it, and you all resisted, well done............................(golfclap)....
    OH DANG IT I just did it didn't I, oh bugger the irony.
    AlBQuirky

I think "gaming" the system is what is commonly known as cheating, hopefully that's not the main thing posters take from this thread. It may not be forbidden, but doing good posts generates points. And somehow I think good posts may be what the forums are about.
    KyleranMendelAlBQuirky
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited April 2018
    Scot said:
    I think "gaming" the system is what is commonly known as cheating, hopefully that's not the main thing posters take from this thread. It may not be forbidden, but doing good posts generates points. And somehow I think good posts may be what the forums are about.
    Pretty sure the way the system works once you get around 3 or 4 k post you're going to be purple regardless of the quality of posts.

Which seems to me why one poster said something about agrees to lol ratio or something like that being a better indicator or quality.

Personally I don't think it means diddly or denote anything about quality whether good or bad..
    Scot

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.