Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MapleStory 2 Heading Westward with Closed Beta Starting May 9th - General Game Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMapleStory 2 Heading Westward with Closed Beta Starting May 9th - General Game Trailer

It's finally happening! Nexon has announced that MapleStory 2 is finally heading to the west. The announcement was made late yesterday and comes along with a new trailer and the news that closed beta testing is set to begin on May 9th. A sparkling new site is ready to accept registrations and provide more information too.

Read the full story here

Comments

• vellPlayedSirvellPlayedSir Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Do you think they rush for release because of Bless on the horizon?
    NephethDisantiaF2Plaguepsychosiz1
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

Do you think they rush for release because of Bless on the horizon?

is that even the same audience ? i mean, it's like two very different worlds ! xD
    MikehaNephethchocolate42069marganculosDisantiawingoodqomaPanther2103psychosiz1
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Whooo childhood nostalgia in new a new dressing, should be fun to play with my old. Maplestory (1) friends.
    Disantia

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    I never played the original maple story cause I am not a fan of 2D worlds, but this looks cute enough to give it a shot :).
    chocolate42069marganculosDisantia
  • swagholeswaghole Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Hyped!!
    marganculosDisantia
  • StryckerStrycker Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Didn't this already come out years ago to mass disappointment?
    marganculospsychosiz1
  • drkmgicdrkmgic Member UncommonPosts: 18
    eh...is anyone really excited at all at a nexon game. i just cringe when i see that company name
    Alexander.BJeroKane
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This actually looks really cool.
    chocolate42069Disantia
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Nexon............ again? FU
    Scellowpsychosiz1
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    it failed miserably in asia.
    psychosiz1
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    If the animation style was not enough to send me running away screaming. The song definitely was. Clearly not my demographic. Looks like Habbo Hotel and Mine Craft had a really ugly and flamboyant baby. Old Maple Story looked much better.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Well I signed up for the closed beta!
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited April 2018
    I think the reason the game didn't do well in Korea because Maple Story 2 is a very casual mmo. Koreans like their hard core pvp where you can +30 RNG enchant your gear.

Also Koreans don't like their sequels. Lineage is far more popular that L2, Starcraft is far more popular than SC2, and so on.

If the cash shop is ok, I would like to try it out.
    Post edited by Kumapon on
    BruceYee
  • zanarkidzanarkid Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Here comes the heavy p2p endgame content/p2w game
    psychosiz1
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    This actually looks awesome :D
    Mikeha

• mapleluniimaplelunii Member CommonPosts: 5
    FINALLY!
    psychosiz1
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    KInda cute and adorable looking game. Will keep an eye out.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Nexon is enough to send me running also .
    psychosiz1
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I'm....curious.  I only ever tried maple story once or twice and was never all that into it.  However there was another similar game called Wonderking that I liked much better but I think that got shut down or something.  Anyway, this looks to have a lot of interesting new gameplay elements so I'll sign up for beta and see how it goes.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I'm actually excited for this. I played the first Maplestory a lot, and Maplestory 2 looked very different but still pretty fun. Hopefully this turns out to be a good release. Also the game has to be released by Nexon here, as it's developed by Kru, which turned into Nexon. I don't know why they kept the original name. 
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    edited April 2018
    I'll try it, then again I am desperate for a mmorpg that isin't bascally wow or ff14 in a new skin. So i'll try pretty much anything.
    Mikeha

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!