Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Take Part in the Free Fly Weekend Through April 16th - Star Citizen - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    No thanks, passing on this game, maybe couple years ago, or be for they decided to use crowdfunding to open a huge company, and not release anything yet.
    FrodoFraginsGdemami
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    bonzoso21 said:
    Three hours on a free weekend is obviously not enough to judge an ambitious game like this, but I'm going to anyway...being 7 years into development with over $150million in funding and 2½ years since the Crusader module went up, I'm actually surprised by how little of a playable game there is here and why so many supporters continue to sing its praises. The cynic in me always kind of assumed they bit off way more than they could chew and that Star Citizen could turn out to be this decade's Duke Nukem Forever but 10x worse, but I WANT this game to be awesome. It would be great if they were less focused on physics or building more ships or creating full alien languages or finding more insane digital BS to sell for exorbitant amounts of money, and more focused on having an actual polished game that plays and controls well and is fun and might launch before 2025.
    When you have people throwing 10's of millions of dollars at you per year why would you want to finish the game and have the cash flow stop? Soon as you shatter everyone's perfect dream in their head then the money is gonna dry up to a trickle.
    Gdemamizerokaion
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    F2Plague said:

tawess said:

Signex said:

Hmm going to pass for now, i don't think i can run this game at 3440x1440.

I honestly never really understood comments like this... Maybe it is my upbringing on the bluer side of the collar but having to slip the resolution down a few pegs and remove some bling never hinderd me from enjoying a game.

Anyway...

While i am curious to see how this run these days i have always found that flying the game with a mouse and KB is a bit of a hassle. So time will tell if i can be arsed to download it.

Still.. it is a crazy good looking game for the most part.

He just really needed to tell someone about his new ultra wide monitor..
    I'm not sure if I can run this game while my new supermodel girlfriend keeps begging for sex.

What? I thought we were sharing stuff...
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Kefo said:

bonzoso21 said:

Three hours on a free weekend is obviously not enough to judge an ambitious game like this, but I'm going to anyway...being 7 years into development with over $150million in funding and 2½ years since the Crusader module went up, I'm actually surprised by how little of a playable game there is here and why so many supporters continue to sing its praises. The cynic in me always kind of assumed they bit off way more than they could chew and that Star Citizen could turn out to be this decade's Duke Nukem Forever but 10x worse, but I WANT this game to be awesome. It would be great if they were less focused on physics or building more ships or creating full alien languages or finding more insane digital BS to sell for exorbitant amounts of money, and more focused on having an actual polished game that plays and controls well and is fun and might launch before 2025.

When you have people throwing 10's of millions of dollars at you per year why would you want to finish the game and have the cash flow stop? Soon as you shatter everyone's perfect dream in their head then the money is gonna dry up to a trickle.

I agree with this. Releasing SC would be a bad move. Better to just keep on milking it as is. After all he did say its pretty much ready last year.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited April 2018

After all he did say its pretty much ready last year.
    Incorrect. A lie.

Have fun
  • lttexxanlttexxan Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Erillion said:

Incorrect. A lie.

Have fun
    Actually  "Incorrect" is an adjective.....just saying...

Have fun

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    It's just not even remotely close to being at a point I'm interested in checking out first hand. They need to be really close to releasing the single player portion before I'll bite.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    lttexxan said:
    Erillion said:

Incorrect. A lie.
    Actually  "Incorrect" is an adjective.....just saying...
    Actually he was using it as an adjective.

Both of his sentences were missing the subject and the verb. People often write like that when they're being lazy. If you've got trouble reading it, the subject is always the quote and the verb is always "is". For example "That's incorrect. It's a lie".
    Asm0deus

• JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

bonzoso21 said:

Downloaded and have tried it a couple times for an hour or so each time accomplishing nothing while I try to figure out how to get to a mission objective and then the client crashes when I get close. Don't accidentally stand up inside the starter light freighter cause you'll get stuck clipping through the ship and have to relog. Old-but-OCd i7 2600k, gtx970, 32gb of DDR3, and an 840Evo SSD...holy hell does it run poorly. I'll check it out again in 3 years on Alpha v7.

This experience is based on Alpha status. CIG do deliver almost twice a month performance/bug small patch that allow now players to test together during hours. Just from 3.0 to 3.1.3 we got a 5 to 10fps increase as well as many crash fix. The advantage of incremental update is that big patch have a size around 600Mo versus 35Go we had to download before. So you can keep SC on your SSD until next major patch, every quarter.
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

No thanks, passing on this game, maybe couple years ago, or be for they decided to use crowdfunding to open a huge company, and not release anything yet.

CIG was 12 guys and 6 M$ end of kickstarter in Nov. 2012, without any pipelines, nos tudios, no heavily twiked game engine. If you call 3.1.3 anything yet, I suggest you stay far away of any kickstarter projectr and just wait to buy released ones. And no project of this size does not popup magically fully polished and playable as a released game out of nowhere after two years. Use some math to compare with Publishers with Billions of revenues and thousands of developers at day one... CIG is doing very well indeed.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    JoeBlober said:

CIG do deliver almost twice a month performance/bug small patch that allow now players to test together during hours.
    They've released 4 small patches this year, and one big patch. That's once a month for small patches, not twice a month.