Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too late to get into Rift Prime?

PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190
I completely forgot about this coming out and missed the launch. It looks like it was a little over a month ago?

Are there many lower players running around or is mostly everyone max level now? I'm mainly interested in battlegrounds as I level. Are the queues super long?

Comments

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Experience is no matter how small better than being told about something, try it even if its for 24 hours, you dictate the mileage you get from that 24 hours.

Seeking opinion? 

Live a little.

KyleranPhry

• PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190
    edited April 2018
    Isn't there a charge to "try it" or is Prime free to try out?

If it's just a sub fee that's fine, but I thought there was a purchase fee as well?
  • SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552
    Prime has no purchase fee, just a sub fee to access Prime servers.
    Ah ok thanks :)
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    as long as you don't  want to pvp to level there is plenty of time to jump in, however the queues from 20-30 bracket right now are 30-45 mins and end up usually being 5 v 5
    What about at max level? Are the queues pretty fast?
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    So the interest has dropped off if BGs takes that long to pop.
    Phry
    Chamber of Chains
  • wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    cheyane said:
    Haven't played it yet, but I took Myrdynn's comment to mean that most of the playerbase has leveled past the 20 - 30 bracket and queues were rather lengthy as a result.  I wonder how 40 and up is.  I hope it hasn't died off yet.  Last I heard it was doing very well and was a popular option.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    wanderica said:
    cheyane said:
    Haven't played it yet, but I took Myrdynn's comment to mean that most of the playerbase has leveled past the 20 - 30 bracket and queues were rather lengthy as a result.  I wonder how 40 and up is.  I hope it hasn't died off yet.  Last I heard it was doing very well and was a popular option.
    Thats not a healthy sign, at least for those who are focused on the PVP, as it implies that there aren't all that many new players to the game, although if your main interest in playing the game is for the PVE then it likely doesn't really matter, although it might make the game seem like a single player game until you reach end game.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Phoebes said:
    I completely forgot about this coming out and missed the launch. It looks like it was a little over a month ago?

Are there many lower players running around or is mostly everyone max level now? I'm mainly interested in battlegrounds as I level. Are the queues super long?
    I ended my sub a couple of weeks ago. There were still plenty of people in lower levels at that point, but in the end I really thought the live server was just as good if not better (and cheaper).
    d_20
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    YashaX said:
    Phoebes said:

I ended my sub a couple of weeks ago. There were still plenty of people in lower levels at that point, but in the end I really thought the live server was just as good if not better (and cheaper).
    I was wondering about this. I haven't started prime and kind of thought it might be late now. I've redownloaded and thought about just jumping into live.

• Dr_NegativeDr_Negative Member UncommonPosts: 47
    wanderica said:
    cheyane said:

NA prime time,  40 bracket is ~5 minutes on average.
  • loupokamiloupokami Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Don't bother with Rift prime. The community is great, but the devs are some of the dumbest people a b rated mmo could afford. 
  • dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Is there any activity on this server still? I'm interested in both PvE and PvP?
    Wish they would have hyped up the opening of it more so I could have joined when it started.
    Zarriya

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."